EarthSong Forums

EarthSong Forums (http://www.earthsongforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rune Magic (http://www.earthsongforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Anyone here interested in Runes at all? (http://www.earthsongforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12321)

feranaja 08-25-11 04:57 PM

Anyone here interested in Runes at all?

I just noted we have had very little activity in this forum and thought I'd check in to see who here is using or interested in any system of runes??

oonagh sidhe 08-25-11 05:09 PM

Re: Anyone here interested in Runes at all?

i sometimes use ogham, but have not experimented with runes.

SunSister 08-25-11 05:22 PM

Still using Elder Futhark, but not as intensively as years back. :) I'm only focusing on bindrunes at the moment.

Nacken 08-25-11 07:20 PM

Same here. I tend to have periods where I work on runes for awhile, then switch to something else, then return to runes--or whatever subject it might be. At the moment I'm not doing much, although I did make a clay statuette of a goddess (Rosemerta) in which I inserted some bindrunes last week.

Arvodd 09-18-11 10:19 AM

Yup, still working with them, still getting to grips with the uthark theory and seeing if it's worth pursuing.

green aventurine 09-18-11 10:30 AM

I was just curious. Do any of you just work with the runes independently outside of a Norse/Heathen framework? (not sure if this question makes sense or not lol)

HRH 09-18-11 12:44 PM

I've never worked with anything outside a heathen framework, sorry.

On runes, specifically, I can't use them at all. It's really strange. I have several books on the topic. I read them, but I can't absorb the information, even from a purely intellectual viewpoint. It's some sort of block that I haven't been able to get past. For awhile, that made me more determined, but then I finally realized they just aren't for me. Admitting I can't do something bothered me a bit, but sometimes you simply must realize your limits

RoseRed 09-18-11 12:58 PM

I'm the same way with Egyptian deities. The information just won't stick in my head.

SunSister 09-18-11 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green aventurine (Post 256555)
I was just curious. Do any of you just work with the runes independently outside of a Norse/Heathen framework? (not sure if this question makes sense or not lol)

I learned them through Odin, so I really cannot separate the runes from the framework in which I have been taught. :) I may use them in a practice that's not used in the Northern paths, for instance, but I always use them with the rhythm and connections from the ways that gave birth to the runes.

green aventurine 09-18-11 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRH (Post 256576)
I've never worked with anything outside a heathen framework, sorry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunSister (Post 256608)
I learned them through Odin, so I really cannot separate the runes from the framework in which I have been taught. :) I may use them in a practice that's not used in the Northern paths, for instance, but I always use them with the rhythm and connections from the ways that gave birth to the runes.

thanks for the input! :) I guess I was just wondering if anybody viewed them as discreet/independent entities existing before Norse mythology etc and worked with them on their own.

Current time: 12:25 AM (GMT -4)