Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Spiritual and Religious Pathways > Paganism

Paganism A forum to discuss the various expressions of Paganism; ritual, theology, practice, history, method and cosmology

Old 08-25-15   #1
Sollie

Default Restarting in 3...2...

I'm so excited! (If this is the wrong place for this post I apologize)

I've studied paganism in various capacities for the last nine years. I've gathered a myriad of written references, made a few rituals and minor spellwork, and so on and so on.

And with the exception of the more personal touches, I'm archiving it all and completely redoing everything.

Even the books I've already read and worked through, I'm going to redo. My friend and I are going to go through some together (through skype however).

It just feels really good to be able to break free of all the old thoughts and processes and not feel guilty about it, it's a feeling I don't get to experience very often. The hardest part is going to be reaching out to the community honestly.
Sollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-15   #2
Brigidrose
Mermaid

Default Re: Restarting in 3...2...

Sounds awesome !
That's what I did with Mara Freemans course. It is very freeing. I am still shy about joining a community..I think I prefer to be solitary...but I do have a nice network of people I have met through her course and those here to ask questions and share experiences.

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-15   #3
Sollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigidrose View Post
Sounds awesome !
That's what I did with Mara Freemans course. It is very freeing. I am still shy about joining a community..I think I prefer to be solitary...but I do have a nice network of people I have met through her course and those here to ask questions and share experiences.
I definitely will be solitary, I was always shy and struggled with people anyways, and I'm even more closed off now due to events, so while I am very friendly and willing to give, I'm terrified of "putting myself out there", especially with something as personal as religion/spirituality.

I am very fortunate to be able to find so many forums and people online to, as you said, share experiences and ask questions.

My friend who will be working through the books with me is actually someone I met online through fanfiction about a decade ago, and then we reconnected through facebook.
Sollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-15   #4
Windsmith bat Gaia
Reclaiming Tradition

That sounds great, Sollie! Sometimes it just feels good to give yourself a "redo" and see all the older stuff again with a newer perspective. Have fun!
Windsmith bat Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15   #5
Skadi

My best experience I had in a work group with rune magicians. We all
worked on different projects and shared our insights about it and sometimes
we joined the work of another and the ones with the most experiences of
the quest helped along.

Right now I slowly move back to the road of a solitary and to private quests.

There is still a friend in the USA... she works with visions in a different way
from me but we can follow each other by tuning in.
Skadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15   #6
feranaja

I'm currently re-reading all of Dion Fortune's works, start to finish and all the bios on her as well.
DF was one of the first authors I picked up when I was a complete beginner, looking for something to help me understand my "differentness".

I think this is always a valuable exercise...balancing the old ideas with the new and evaluating ideas we may have started to take for granted. Some stand up to time, others, not so much. Have fun!

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote