Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Spiritual and Religious Pathways > Paganism

Paganism A forum to discuss the various expressions of Paganism; ritual, theology, practice, history, method and cosmology

Old 10-31-15   #111
Brigidrose
Mermaid

Default Re: Samhain

Samhain Blessings and Happy Halloween !

Off to the office, but I will carve pumpkins before the trick and treat-ers get here. Last night I had such energy for today... now the dark drizzle just makes me want to crawl back in bed.

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-15   #112
feranaja

Every Samhain, as an act of commitment to the land, I take a pair of gloves and a garbage bag and go pick up all the beer cans and bottles, empty cigarette cartons and general detritus that teenagers and hunters leave lying around the periphery of my sacred woodland. I make an apple cake and leave pieces of it, with consecrate pieces of local crystal, at key points around the area. I also take in any number of plant remnants - from the seedheads of my echinacea to the sweet little plant babies just trying to grow anew, and create a wreath of sorts, to be burned on the fire November 1. This year, it's pouring rain, so most of my work is Inner, voyaging to the Otherworld to address the land spirits and the ancestors. It's always a time of gathering quiet and reflection, as the energies all sink into the depths to rest a while...and it's not over in a day, so next week, when the sun comes out again, Danny and I will head off to clean up the land, and make offerings to the life-giving forest, once again.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-15   #113
BigAl
Eclectic

How wonderful, fera.

This year was a bit different for us, in that quite a bit of time was spent with various offerings to the flames. Neighbours kids freaked out royally when, no answer at the front, they came round the back to find enrobed figures, ringing bells, and throwing weird stuff onto a pyre... they never even stopped for sweets...

Today feels "new". Been a long time since I've felt quite this chilled and looking forward to the next phase.
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-15   #114
feranaja

That's a very funny visual, Big Al - was it a whole group or just the two of you?

I'm really letting go of a lot this year, too.

I found that huge Hagalaz in the woods, and after pondering it a few days I realized it was not so much predictive as explanatory - I had so much dross dragging me down, and while many things last year felt like loss, loss, loss - they were actually liberations..

Sometimes, the door that closes not only leads to another one opening, but a whole new lease on life. It took me a while, but I will brook no more abuse from anyone, in future.
The Raven Year indeed.

Shane Parrish
Old 11-01-15   #115
BigAl
Eclectic

Just the two... more than enough for the kiddies, apparently...

Hard sometimes to recognise the difference between the two (loss and liberation). Been guilty, myself, of holding on to far too much, most of which really wasn't serving me anymore. Feels like a door has been opened, and the fresh air is sweeping in! (If only I can keep letting it!)

Last night's dreamscape, too, answered so many questions at the mundane level, that I can't actually pin down why, or from what, the fear that has been holding me back came from...

A genuinely powerful Samhain for me, this year
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-15   #116
feranaja

Very powerful one for me as well. Questions answered and fears allayed. I'm betting you and I will both find the year ahead to be powerful and transformative.

Shane Parrish