Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Song of the Earth > Animal Health and Healing

Animal Health and Healing for discussion of all aspects of animal care - diet, veterinary options, complementary and alternative medicine, all species and all methods.

Old 04-01-15   #1
Prairiewolf

Default Animal helpers

Does anyone else have a pet that helps you in certain ways in your path, or insists on being with you if you are working a ritual, or lends you its energy and love if you are in need? I have 3 cats, the two males are not real interested in much that I do other than giving them pets lol, but my third cat, Bella, insists on being around if I do terot, any blessing/ritual work, and any research/reading I do to further my path lol! And she seems to guide me very well and lends a calm and loving energy to anything I do! I also have a corgi named Scooby who is my constant companion and will lend a calming zen to me when I get worked up, but will also make sure I have a playful side to all aspects I have a shepherd too but she is to young and ditzy to get any readings off of her yet so it'll be interesting to see if she will be a helper as well!!
Blessed be!
Prairiewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-15   #2
feranaja

Default Re: Animal helpers

As you might well guess, I have a few.

My dog danny is like my daemon (if you ever saw The Golden Compass or read His Dark materials)..always with me, like we are extensions of each other. Of course my Workings affect him, but it`s not always been easy. i have a room here that I have dedicated as a temple, it is always closed to the regular world and I need to go in alone and work, of course. Dan is not happy about this and will lie outside whining, we had a few issues around my temple-time, for sure. I tried letting him in - uh, not a go. Over time he learned to lie quietly in our bedroom and wait - and I learned, he needs to have had a good run and a tryptophan-rich meal prior to me working in temple. He and I are most attuned on long hikes in the forest. He`s a familiar, allright - more than that, really - but he`s not so into my disappearing into a room that exudes weird smells and where I am heard talking out loud, when he knows full well it isnt to anything of this realm.

My cats are all a little odd, but they will gather around me and donate energy to workings I might do in the house, not in temple. Everyone, including the other dogs, will react in some way to things like a house cleansing, which I do monthly. I am blessed with these wonderful beings and they are always present in so many ways - last night I did a little astral work and woke up to five cats on my bed with a somewhat disgruntled Danny in between!

On other levels; I would say my Work- with a capital W, is primarily related to the natural world. I`ve received insight, guidance, help and warnings from all sorts of beings - deer, foxes, raccoons, an endless assortment of birds! in the form of dreams,visions, synchronicities and more. It woud be imposisble to try and sum it up here, but the short answer is yes, other species are integral to my magic, both in this world and the other. I have found cats universally interested in any sort of magic or altered state of any kind at all. The cat accompanies us into the temple while the dog stands guard.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-15   #3
Prairiewolf

That's awesome! It's amazing how animals help us if we just listen. I also have had help from a wolf in form of dreams, he comes when I'm troubled to calm me, I also have a fox that likes to PPP up in the physical world to help, he's a funny little creature! I know what you mean about the daemon, I think Scooby is something akin to that, I can't do anything without him. We don't have any off limit spots in the house (with two little kids that's near impossible lol) so the animals like to come and help when I'm working
Old 04-01-15   #4
feranaja

and, all you need to do is listen and watch, with neutrality. Nothing more. They will teach you.

Shane Parrish
Old 04-01-15   #5
Brigidrose
Mermaid

I too have 2 cats and Farah my female is always with me, during a ritual..but my little boy will also come too, depending where I am. My sacred space is usually up stairs, but sometimes I will use the down stairs space, which he prefers, or he is just too lazy to come up...
I have hawks that show up for me. Sometime Owl and Coyote will have a message.

Lately two Geese are making an appearance;maybe a good bye as they journey back home.

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-15   #6
feranaja

Today on my walk I saw the first heron, the first turkey vultures and the first Golden Eagle of the season, all within about an hour..

I'm about to go out again for a bit...can only imagine what will cross our paths next.

Shane Parrish
Old 04-06-15   #7
Prairiewolf

This is Bella, my little helper, she's a wonderful and loving little creature ^_^
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1.05 MB, 1 views)