Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Song of the Earth > Animal Health and Healing

Animal Health and Healing for discussion of all aspects of animal care - diet, veterinary options, complementary and alternative medicine, all species and all methods.

Old 06-06-15   #11
Coley

Default Re: Name kitty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkWahya View Post
shes precious as can be, we had a stray visit us but my mom wouldn't let me keep her

I have no idea on the name though but I agree with Fera I think they kind of tell you. One kitten I had played with at a pet store, and came very close to just adopting and taking a chance on getting kicked out of my house, when I was thinking about adopting her the name Princess Annabelle Shadows just kept going through my head
I am kind of leaning towards this idea of letting her tell me also...spend more time with her and see what might happen. Princess Annabelle Shadows sounds adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leben View Post
<----------- her name is Leosa. Heard it once as a character's name in Star Trek and it stuck with me, then I met this beauty and it was the first name that came to mind.
That is a a really nice name also. She has gorgeous eyes btw.

Last edited by Coley; 06-06-15 at 02:29 PM. Reason: (Just figured out how to multi quote or I would have done it all along lol
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-15   #12
Leben
The Peanut Gallery

For a pregnant, stray, black cat, Jezebel seems perfect to me It literally means "where is the Lord (Ba'al)." Although she certainly gets a bad reputation (no surprise since she was a strong woman; the question is, WHO has given her this reputation), she did denounce Yahweh in favor of Ba'al and Asherah, who were the god and goddess of her religion -- she refused to convert.
Leben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-15   #13
Leben
The Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
That is a a really nice name also. She has gorgeous eyes btw.
She does, but they only glow when she's pissed that I haven't cleaned the litter box, fed her appropriately and on time, combed her fur just right, cuddled at exactly the right time in the evening ... okay, they always glow.
Leben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-15   #14
LarkWahya
Mystic Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
I am kind of leaning towards this idea of letting her tell me also...spend more time with her and see what might happen. Princess Annabelle Shadows sounds adorable.
beyond adorable, i need to upload the couple videos i took of her while i was playing with her. she was such a cute funny little thing, my purse was more interesting to her to play with than the toys the pet store gave me XD

Do you think amethysts could be the souls of good violets? ~Anne of Green Gables
Green is the primary color of the world
LarkWahya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-15   #15
Coley

I don't know why but the name Dana popped into my head last night and I can't seem to stop calling her that after I tried it once. I don't even like the name... I don't dislike it but it's not something I ever imagined calling a pet or even a child. And yet it seems to really suit her.
In other news, she now has a vet appointment lined up to get de-wormed. I've tried pumpkin and pumpkin seed in the meantime. She's dropping more tapeworm babies than kittens so far lol. Yuck.
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote