Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Song of the Earth > Animal Health and Healing

Animal Health and Healing for discussion of all aspects of animal care - diet, veterinary options, complementary and alternative medicine, all species and all methods.

Old 10-03-13   #1
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Default Justice for Puppy Doe:

Not sure how many might have already seen this petition but feel it is one worth sharing. Please sign if you agree.

https://www.change.org/petitions/jus...e-against-pets

Quote:
On August 31st 2013, a young, small, female dog named ‘Puppy Doe’ was found brutally tortured in a Quincy, Massachusetts park, and we were all left wondering who could let this happen to any animal. The dog’s injuries were so violent and severe that the only humane thing to do was to euthanize her. She had been starved, burned, stabbed, and limbs pulled from her joints in what’s been described as a “medieval’ style torture.
MonSno_LeeDra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-13   #2
David_2010

Default Re: Justice for Puppy Doe:

Definitely signed, I didn't know about this, but, that's disgusting. the people or person who did this should be be caught and brought to Justice. I don't know how anyone could do this at all.
David_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-13   #3
feranaja

In my work, I come across evil like this far more frequently than most people do - and since the Internet, almost daily. I have had to limit what I see, but this was - and rightfully so - everywhere. And, in a life filled with horror stories, there are always some that stand out and I will never forget, that haunt me and shake my belief in my specie's inherent goodness to the core. I won't sicken you all with the others, but let me say about Kiya (Puppy Doe) - this is definitely one of them.

I hope the evil (there is no word as adequate) EVIL piece of human filth that did this is put through the same and more. If that means I have "stared too long into the abyss" and am now becoming that which I abominate, so be it. I despise cruelty in every form, but as the saying goes, give me five minutes with this SOB. Or better yet - 5 months. This little girl's suffering was deliberate and prolonged. I hope the scumbag is caught and I truly, fervently, hope he or she rots in hell.

The Before pics of Kiya are what kill me most. The sweetness, the trust. Seriously, if Craigslist does stop offering animals free, the perverts will just find other ways to get them.

http://mallowandwhitepine.wordpress.com/
plants, spirit, medicine - my Earthwalker blog

"We're in a time of ethical and intellectual corruption. Study the spiritual traditions, live with excellence, resist insanity."
Thomas Moore
feranaja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-13   #4
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by feranaja View Post
..The Before pics of Kiya are what kill me most. The sweetness, the trust. Seriously, if Craigslist does stop offering animals free, the perverts will just find other ways to get them.
They may still find an alternate source but at least one more will be shut off to them.
MonSno_LeeDra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-13   #5
Kokaba'al

It's not just Craigslist that needs to change, but also smaller swap/trade places, like Freecycle (which is done by region - some regions allow pets to be put up on there, and some are adamantly against it, but not enough of them outright ban the posting of pets on their pages). I'll never be able to understand how anyone can do this to an animal - an animal so much smaller, weaker, and unable to speak up for itself. All she wanted was a warm place to sleep and a loving friend.
Old 10-04-13   #6
feranaja

Have just seen images of Romanian dog being operated on today to try and make her life bearable after her entire face (muzzle) was sliced off with a sword. Despite horrific damage she was found wandering the streets of Bucharest and was still friendly and wagged her tail when approached. Somehow, the fact that people are working overtime to save her and the public is enraged and sending love and support doesn't make me feel any better that this happened, and happens to animals all over the world - mutilation, torture, draggings, live skinning and on and on. I know there are more good people than bad, but the bad does so much damage I can't help but focus on them.
Don't look up this story if you are tender hearted. It's another puppy Doe type horror - Romania is beyond vile in it's treatment of dogs - parallels Asia, and Asia is hell on Earth for animals. Just absolutely, Hell on Earth.

"We're in a time of ethical and intellectual corruption. Study the spiritual traditions, live with excellence, resist insanity."
Thomas Moore
Old 10-30-13   #7
feranaja

The fucking spawn of Satan that tortured this dog for months has been arrested and bail set at half a million.

My God but I need to pray and pray for myself, as what I wish on this monster is hardly peaceful and gentle and Buddhistic of me.

This story fills me with hate, I cannot express the level of it. but at least they've caught him. At least there is that.
http://www.ilovedogs.com/2013/10/sus.../#.UnFQilMwKSo

"It was “unquestionably … hands down” the worst case of cruelty she’d ever witnessed, Dr. Martha Smith-Blackmore, vice president of animal welfare at the Animal Rescue League of Boston, told the Boston Herald. The puppy’s limbs had been pulled from her joints; she was burned and stabbed; she had been starved.
“When I saw how vulnerable she was and I understood immediately the duration of her suffering, my heart collapsed,” Smith-Blackmore said."

Thomas Moore
Old 12-20-13   #8
feranaja

Czerkawski is held without bail, to be sentenced February 11.

http://www.necn.com/12/19/13/Man-acc...blockID=860247

http://www.necn.com/12/19/13/Courtro...7&tagID=262139

Thomas Moore
Old 12-20-13   #9
petrus4
Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonSno_LeeDra View Post
Not sure how many might have already seen this petition but feel it is one worth sharing. Please sign if you agree.

https://www.change.org/petitions/jus...e-against-pets
I signed. Let the record state, that while I do not desire to own a dog as a pet myself, I do not condone this sort of barbarism being committed against them, for one moment.

The individual who did this needs to receive a life sentence, to be served in solitary confinement. It's time to send the message that we recognise, that if the natural environment does not survive, which includes all of the animals and plants within it, then neither will we; and neither will we deserve to. To that end, it must be made known that no individual who commits a crime of this magnitude, will be permitted to get away with it.
petrus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13   #10
Bara Mortath

Oh look, they give a name and a picture...
Bara Mortath is offline   Reply With Quote