Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Song of the Earth > Animal Health and Healing

Animal Health and Healing for discussion of all aspects of animal care - diet, veterinary options, complementary and alternative medicine, all species and all methods.

Old 12-18-13   #11
feranaja

Default Re: Opinions?

Me too.
Which is why, I never identify as wholly "white light". I'd take fifteen minutes.

http://mallowandwhitepine.wordpress.com/
plants, spirit, medicine - my Earthwalker blog

"We're in a time of ethical and intellectual corruption. Study the spiritual traditions, live with excellence, resist insanity."
Thomas Moore
feranaja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-13   #12
DonelleBeira

I'm with MonSno - give as they gave. I could starve Kisha Curtis for months then when she was emaciated to the point she could barely move and her bodily functions were shutting down, I would put her in a garbage bag, tie the top, slide her down several floors of an apartment garbage shoot and let her lie in the trash bin hoping someone came along and saved her sorry ass...just as she did Patrick the Pit Bull. When I started to feel bad about what I was doing, and I would, all I would need to do is remember what my Crystal looked like when she was found starving and what Patrick looked like when he was found in that garbage bag....and I could carry on with my dastardly deed.

"Remember these moments always, but do not ignore the sad times, either. Memory is the greatest of gifts."
Spoken by Aditu, a Sithi (an Elf)
from "To Green Angel Tower II"
by Tad Williams
DonelleBeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-13   #13
petrus4
Leaper

At this point in life, I truthfully don't advocate torture; I just don't see the logic in it. I consider violence reserved for those situations where it is otherwise impossible to prevent the commission of harm, to those who are incapable of defending themselves.

If the aim is the enactment of Mosaic justice, then I could appreciate that to a degree; but I have recently been informed that I have neither the wisdom nor the authority to exact such justice myself, and I would tend to suspect that that probably goes for most of the other people here, as well.

In this, I prefer to remember the example set by Kali, when she destroyed the demons Canda and Munda. The story says that the demons were so impressed by her level of grace, that they requested that after she kill them, they be able to serve at her feet; which she granted, and as a result, she became known in Nepal and some other places to this day, as Chamunda.

In other words, violence is reserved for those cases where the individual is beyond persuasion to cease in their harmful behaviour by other means, and when it is engaged in, it is to be done in a rapid, and humane manner. That is what I have advocated for animal poachers in Africa, and it is what I would advocate for animal abusers in other areas as well.
petrus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-13   #14
DonelleBeira

That is quite noble, Petus, and an excellent goal. But I admit - any nobility I may posses can fly out the window in the face of some things, and abuse of children or animals certainly fits that bill.

Would that I possessed such Grace as Kali displayed....something to work toward perhaps?

"Remember these moments always, but do not ignore the sad times, either. Memory is the greatest of gifts."
Spoken by Aditu, a Sithi (an Elf)
from "To Green Angel Tower II"
by Tad Williams
DonelleBeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-13   #15
feranaja

In truth I agree with petrus. In the heat of the moment, I become something else.
I think it's good to strive toward compassionate disposal of the truly irredeemable in our midst.

"We're in a time of ethical and intellectual corruption. Study the spiritual traditions, live with excellence, resist insanity."
Thomas Moore
Old 12-19-13   #16
Katharine
Priestess of the Unseen

In principle I also agree with Petrus. That is the way the world SHOULD be. However, not just in the sense that people shouldn't be inclined to torture the wrong-doer, but that they should already have been dealt with by humane means.

A society in which they're allowed to live is a society in which I haven't got the restraint to take the middle path. When the social norm allows for a needle in the neck for an animal abuser, I'll no longer consider the death of a thousand cuts to be a viable option.

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."
-Oscar Wilde

"Why, sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast." -Lewis Carroll

Voice In The Dark Blog
Katharine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-13   #17
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

I didn't watch the dog in the dryer. I never saw that nor would I have stood by and watched that. I talked to the owner and they're giving me the dog once we move into our new house. I found a pit bull rehabilitation center in the same city and I'm taking the dog there as soon as I get her. I found out they're feeding her beer and she was beat with a shovel as well. I absolutely can't stand this and can't wait to get this dog out of this situation as my heart is aching constantly. I was hoping for a more empathetic response from the other users here, but as usual, there isn't much of that. I'm getting the dog out and sent somewhere to let professionals decide what to do with her - end of story.

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
Hibiscus Moon Crystal Academy Website Alumni Page
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©
CrystalHealingCare@outlook.com
www.CrystalHealingCare.com

Facebook:Facebook.com/CrystalHealingCare
Twitter:Twitter.com/CrystalHCareCCH
Instagram: Instagram.com/CrystalHealingCare
LadyOfTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-13   #18
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

If anyone would like to be empathetic... Send some energy to this dog, white light, green light, light a candle... If you want to manifest, she looks like this: short ears, not clipped, but short, stocky and about 120lbs, all black with a white stripe down the chest. If you imagine feeling her, she has a muscular build with the typical short hair and while feeling along the hind side, there's a raised area on the right where I suspect the hind hip may have been broken. She has wrinkly jowls and if you pet them, she'll shake her head to rewrinkle her wrinkles.

Oh yeah, the lady on the phone was very nice. I have been going over to the house every day to make sure she gets dog food and not just beer, and have taken her on a few walks. She's got a nice personality, but she has attacked more than one person, including the eight year old I mentioned in the initial post. I had to be honest with the lady that she's bitten people before, but they said she may not necessarily have to be put down - which is great. Just because I don't like pit bulls doesn't mean I think they should put her down if they don't have to. Since she's been abused by males, they're searching for a female owner with experience in training and pit bulls who has no other dogs (we already tried to introduce her to my Catahoula, Cece, and it didn't go well). The owners have straight up said they detest the dog, so if they can find the type of owner they're looking for before I get into the new house, I can take her on a more immediate basis and see what they can do for her. Oh yeah, if you're manifesting, her name is Mercedes.

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
Hibiscus Moon Crystal Academy Website Alumni Page
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©
CrystalHealingCare@outlook.com
www.CrystalHealingCare.com

Facebook:Facebook.com/CrystalHealingCare
Twitter:Twitter.com/CrystalHCareCCH
Instagram: Instagram.com/CrystalHealingCare
LadyOfTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-13   #19
feranaja

A dog who has been abused to this extent will need a very skilled person to even try and rehab her. (This isnt a pit bull either, if you are correct in placing her weight at 120 pounds. APBTs run to about half that weight). It's entirely natural she would be aggressive. I hope you can get her to the shelter and fast. She doesn't need white light, she needs action. If you are able to be the person who does that - good on you.

There are also many recue organizations set up to help with cases like this. The problem is we don't know the breed. Many breed-based rescues will take in a dog that is obviously part pure - many will not,. Ridgeback rescue in Canada will take mixes if we are not full but Pit rescue is always full to the limit. When you say "lady on the phone"- who did you speak with?

Thomas Moore
Old 12-21-13   #20
Rubber_Duckie

Sounds like what we call a Bully dog, or APBT/Mastiff type mix. They can be worked with if they're not too inbred, the problems arise when people that shouldn't be dog breeders well.. Breed dogs..

Good luck, shovel beaten dogs can be a challenge.
"I am wiser than this man, for neither of us appears to know anything great and good; but he fancies he knows something, although he knows nothing; whereas I, as I do not know anything, so I do not fancy I do."~Socrates
Rubber_Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote