Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Spiritual and Religious Pathways > Witchcraft > The Earth Path

The Earth Path for those walking a Path of balance and reverence for the natural world - witchcraft with an ethical core, emphasis on personal gnosis, cultivation of wisdom, and unity of body spirit and mind

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
feranaja

Default Building the Bone Mother

I wasn't quite sure where to put this, so I thought this forum might do.

A friend of mine who does work she used to call shamanic, but has changed that now (out of concern about cultural appropriation) is part of a community that gathers for various events and rituals. (How I wish I had the same here -maybe soon). At any rate, one thing they ave built is a beautiful monument to those we have lost, who have made their journeys - a "Bone Mother"...and I thought I'd share one image from their site. I am planning on building something here, of a smaller but similar nature. It's just a lovely idea, so thought I might share, a sacred cairn for those we miss.

http://mallowandwhitepine.wordpress.com/
plants, spirit, medicine - my Earthwalker blog

"We're in a time of ethical and intellectual corruption. Study the spiritual traditions, live with excellence, resist insanity."
Thomas Moore
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote