Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Astrology

Astrology Forum for exploration of cosmos and psyche

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
feranaja

Default Second Saturn Return

Just opening for discussion, this thing is seriously kickin' my butt. know most of you won't have been through this yet, but literally every thing written here holds true for me.

"The Second Saturn Return is a time of life review and soul searching. How did you get here? Is this really where you want to be? Often it represents a cross roads of sorts, and an opportunity to deal at last with unfinished business. Sometimes this means getting rid of people, jobs and situations that no longer fit who you are or want to be. There is a taking stock that can culminate in a kind of purging and reordering of your life. This death of the old way of doing things can be painful, but subsequently there is often a feeling of relief and gratitude that you are no longer stuck in circumstances that no longer served you."

https://www.judytsafrirmd.com/the-second-saturn-return/

http://mallowandwhitepine.wordpress.com/
plants, spirit, medicine - my Earthwalker blog

"We're in a time of ethical and intellectual corruption. Study the spiritual traditions, live with excellence, resist insanity."
Thomas Moore
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Default Re: Second Saturn Return

Mine is somewhat out of cycle I think. My upheaval started about 6 years ago which would have made me 53. Perhaps even a bit earlier with disability kicking in and being declared incapable of working so having to shift everything in my life.

But then again Neptune and Saturn have been heavy in my chart anyway.
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
Lightdragon
pagan

never really concentrated on Saturn returns. but i know in this part of my life there is deep thought and in a few weeks to a few months i will begin to transform.

Super-Cool Retired mod type

I did not have sex with this actress Chloe Bennett
Lightdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #4
feranaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonSno_LeeDra View Post
Mine is somewhat out of cycle I think. My upheaval started about 6 years ago which would have made me 53. Perhaps even a bit earlier with disability kicking in and being declared incapable of working so having to shift everything in my life.

But then again Neptune and Saturn have been heavy in my chart anyway.

That is rough. Change we don't want and don't see coming. My whole mentality has shifted, sine I moved, since my dog has started to age with early heart disease etc. All the big plans, seem..kind of beside the point. I just want to live and do some good and be happy. But I feel sad, much of the time. It's a fallow period I guess, and that's a necessary part of the cycle- but, I have to add, just no fun at all.

"We're in a time of ethical and intellectual corruption. Study the spiritual traditions, live with excellence, resist insanity."
Thomas Moore
Old 6 Days Ago   #5
feranaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdragon View Post
never really concentrated on Saturn returns. but i know in this part of my life there is deep thought and in a few weeks to a few months i will begin to transform.

May I ask how old you are, Lightdragon?

Thomas Moore
Old 5 Days Ago   #6
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by feranaja View Post
That is rough. Change we don't want and don't see coming. My whole mentality has shifted, sine I moved, since my dog has started to age with early heart disease etc. All the big plans, seem..kind of beside the point. I just want to live and do some good and be happy. But I feel sad, much of the time. It's a fallow period I guess, and that's a necessary part of the cycle- but, I have to add, just no fun at all.
It's funny I had plans of writing books and such at the time. Figure I was retired and could focus on things that I had basically put off. Yet all those "put off things" pretty much fell to the way side.

I ask my guides and my higher self about those books in my mind and I get a sense they were never meant to be written. They were more meant to inspire me, to push me in heavier moments. But meant to remain in that library of unwritten books on the cosmic book shelf.

I had been messing with genealogy a bit prior to that but things really pushed me into it after wards. Started having more and more people asking me things about our history and it just drove me deeper and wider in my research. Ironically now I get called on quite a bit about it.

Due to being in the military when our sons were young I missed a lot of their childhood. Now having custody of our 3 grandchildren we are pretty much raising them since birth. So in many ways I am seeing and living all that I missed with our sons. Unfortunately can't do all the sports type stuff over again though.
Old 5 Days Ago   #7
feranaja

Quote:
It's funny I had plans of writing books and such at the time. Figure I was retired and could focus on things that I had basically put off. Yet all those "put off things" pretty much fell to the way side.

I wish you would write them!

Quote:
I ask my guides and my higher self about those books in my mind and I get a sense they were never meant to be written. They were more meant to inspire me, to push me in heavier moments. But meant to remain in that library of unwritten books on the cosmic book shelf.

Darn Guides. They're always pushing us somewhere we're not so happy about going.

Quote:
I had been messing with genealogy a bit prior to that but things really pushed me into it after wards. Started having more and more people asking me things about our history and it just drove me deeper and wider in my research. Ironically now I get called on quite a bit about it.

I would love to be bale to do this. I've traced a few sides of the family, with one interesting discovery - the Horner side can be traced to Somerset. We thnkn of the Horners as Irish because a few generations they were in Ballyclare, Ireland, but they were followers of Cromwell and went with him, originally from England. And Somerset! With the Evans side from Wales, there's a bit of explanation for my draw to all things Arthurian and Avalonian?

Quote:
Due to being in the military when our sons were young I missed a lot of their childhood. Now having custody of our 3 grandchildren we are pretty much raising them since birth. So in many ways I am seeing and living all that I missed with our sons. Unfortunately can't do all the sports type stuff over again though.
IT's nice you have that time with the grandkids, sports or not.You have so much you can share that likely no one else can, in their lives, nor ever will.

Thomas Moore
Old 4 Days Ago   #8
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by feranaja View Post
I wish you would write them!
None of them were occult type books, mostly fantasy genre. Though a few I suppose could fall into an occult / spiritualist genre given the content they held as a sub-plot.

Actually had more than a few chapters written for various books but the chapter normally dealt with an issue I was facing or studying. I'd flesh out the character and a response for the chapter and how it would unfold, perhaps even a resolution. If not a resolution then a series of possibilities and potentials to be considered.

A lot of times I ended up converting things to either short stories or into poems of some sort.

Quote:
Darn Guides. They're always pushing us somewhere we're not so happy about going.
That's for certain. Ironically I discovered more than a few times I'd have a story or poem I'd have plague my mind for days or weeks only to have it manifest via some person i'd meet. It was like I was being front loaded for the situation to be prepared. Which can be unsettling to both you as the person getting it and to the person who comes to you for help. They want to know how you know so much about them or their situation.

Quote:
I would love to be bale to do this. I've traced a few sides of the family, with one interesting discovery - the Horner side can be traced to Somerset. We thnkn of the Horners as Irish because a few generations they were in Ballyclare, Ireland, but they were followers of Cromwell and went with him, originally from England. And Somerset! With the Evans side from Wales, there's a bit of explanation for my draw to all things Arthurian and Avalonian?
It's interesting for certain. I know my Surname has been a problem for me getting back on. My earliest surname ancestor in the US used two names so we can't prove which is his real name. His children also used both names equally for a number of years and are recorded in official documents with both names so its the same story.

Others though have been easier in some ways. Definitely Scots-Irish with a hint of French not counting the NA that is supposed to be in there. Of course proving the NA is about as difficult as proving my surname ancestor. Some places shows it's there in family records but official records don't. But official records in many places in the state's anything that wasn't white people hid in places. Other places it was all changed to "black" or "Mulatto" even if it was NA as official records were intentionally changed. Makes for a heck of a mess unless you can find the right official records.

Quote:
IT's nice you have that time with the grandkids, sports or not.You have so much you can share that likely no one else can, in their lives, nor ever will.
Very true. It's a challenge and an eye opener. Some of it I wonder if I am up to to be honest.

It's like last night one of my grandson's was telling us about seeing ghosts. Say's he see's them in the yard and many times in his room or hovering over him. Bother's me I haven't felt them and that the dogs do not react to them when he is out walking them. Heck, that our older dog who is in the house and has run of the house doesn't react to it.

Told my wife it's my late mother-in-law that he see's so that doesn't bother me if that is who is watching over him. Really wouldn't surprise me I don't pick up on her either as she is his blood.

But he also said something about a demon looking creature that scares him a bit being there. That does bother me. That I should be feeling and I didn't or don't. Yet trying to get him to explain it to me as an 8 year old is somewhat difficult. In part as I'm not sure it's not part of his imagination. There is an element of truth to it that I know. Just trying to pull it all together. My child language skills and translation are being tested right now.
Old 4 Days Ago   #9
feranaja

Quote:
None of them were occult type books, mostly fantasy genre. Though a few I suppose could fall into an occult / spiritualist genre given the content they held as a sub-plot.

Actually had more than a few chapters written for various books but the chapter normally dealt with an issue I was facing or studying. I'd flesh out the character and a response for the chapter and how it would unfold, perhaps even a resolution. If not a resolution then a series of possibilities and potentials to be considered.

A lot of times I ended up converting things to either short stories or into poems of some sort.
I still think it's worthwhile to try and write. I have so many unfinished projects, for different reasons, I always empathize with "things left undone".But hey, we are not THAT old, right? Time ahead to do what we are called to and able to do.

Quote:

It's interesting for certain. I know my Surname has been a problem for me getting back on. My earliest surname ancestor in the US used two names so we can't prove which is his real name. His children also used both names equally for a number of years and are recorded in official documents with both names so its the same story.

Others though have been easier in some ways. Definitely Scots-Irish with a hint of French not counting the NA that is supposed to be in there. Of course proving the NA is about as difficult as proving my surname ancestor. Some places shows it's there in family records but official records don't. But official records in many places in the state's anything that wasn't white people hid in places. Other places it was all changed to "black" or "Mulatto" even if it was NA as official records were intentionally changed. Makes for a heck of a mess unless you can find the right official records.
What do you think of the DNA tests? I've been tempted, but they aren't cheap and there are many criticisms. I wonder, at the end of the day, does it matter? Still, I am curious.

Quote:
Very true. It's a challenge and an eye opener. Some of it I wonder if I am up to to be honest.

It's like last night one of my grandson's was telling us about seeing ghosts. Say's he see's them in the yard and many times in his room or hovering over him. Bother's me I haven't felt them and that the dogs do not react to them when he is out walking them. Heck, that our older dog who is in the house and has run of the house doesn't react to it.

Told my wife it's my late mother-in-law that he see's so that doesn't bother me if that is who is watching over him. Really wouldn't surprise me I don't pick up on her either as she is his blood.

But he also said something about a demon looking creature that scares him a bit being there. That does bother me. That I should be feeling and I didn't or don't. Yet trying to get him to explain it to me as an 8 year old is somewhat difficult. In part as I'm not sure it's not part of his imagination. There is an element of truth to it that I know. Just trying to pull it all together. My child language skills and translation are being tested right now.
The first thing that grabbed e about this was the last line...your skills are being tested. Well, me too - my skills with death and release are not good, and I am being tested too. I have absolutely no experience with kids so I wouldn't presume to comment..but, as someone with a bit of experience with other species, I am getting my ass kicked right now too(Danny). I take some comfort from the fact, it obviously never ends. I think I'm kind of in a good place, spiritually and the gods are like "We'll see about that".

Thomas Moore