Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Tools and Techniques > Divination

Divination A forum for discussion of any form of Divination not covered by Tarot, Runes, Dreamwork or Augury...

Old 12-09-14   #1
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Question Are Pendulums Reliable Divinatory Tools?

Hi all,

I'm just wondering what people think about the validity of using pendulums as accurate divination tools... ?? In my experience, they are so easily influenced by what you want the answer to be, or what you think it should be that it's not reliable at all. When I've used them to try and find lost objects, it's been useless and a complete waste of time - which I think furthers my opinion on how unreliable they tend to be.

On the other hand, maybe they divulge unconscious/subconscious intuition or psychic knowledge that can't otherwise be accessed? When it comes to asking the pendulum anything you have no clue about at all, the pendulum seems to have no clue at all either. I've heard professional pendulists in books and articles state that they had to study and practice-practice-practice for years to master using it as an accurate and trustworthy divination tool - so maybe it's something that just doesn't happen correctly on the first few attempts?

I certainly know that my expertise in interpreting angel oracle cards and non-angel oracle cards has mostly come from the fourteen years of daily use/practice that I've put in. The first time I dealt out a spread I had no idea what it meant. So... Hmm... Anyone have an opinion on this?

--LotT

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
Hibiscus Moon Crystal Academy Website Alumni Page
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©
CrystalHealingCare@outlook.com
www.CrystalHealingCare.com

Facebook:Facebook.com/CrystalHealingCare
Twitter:Twitter.com/CrystalHCareCCH
Instagram: Instagram.com/CrystalHealingCare
LadyOfTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-14   #2
Brigidrose
Mermaid

Default Re: Are Pendulums Reliable Divinatory Tools?

I personally like the pendulum, for a quick answer. As long as I go into a focused state, just like before a ritual, then I can and do go deeper. If its something I am too close to or get different answers, I will have someone else do it for me. it usually turns out my first answer was the correct one.
I use it more to clear people of entities than anything now.

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-14   #3
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

When I'm getting ready to use mine and want to make sure the directions are set and everything, I'll have my dad to answer questions that there's no way I could know the answer to with either a truth or a lie and then he'll tell me if its answers were accurate or not. That's how I prepare mine for a session. I'm trying to get better with it though - it takes practice to get into that objective mind frame where the inner stream of thought is completely quieted and all emotions have been completely calmed and subdued as much as possible.

I'd like to get better at it. Do you think the crystal you use is a major factor? I have pendulums that are rose quartz (with little chakra color stones), tiger's eye, clear quartz, and aqua aura. The rose quartz seems to favor me the most and almost seems eager to get going with the session. The tiger's eye also responds really well to me. I had a sodalite one at one time... I don't know what happened to it - I probably gave it away, but it also seemed to like me. I might get another one in sodalite. I'd also like to try a couple in angelite and celestite - because I love angels so much, lol.

I own both The Pendulum Bridge to Infinite Knowledge: Beginning Through Advanced Instruction Complete With Pendulum Charts and The Pendulum Charts Vol. 1: The Doorway to Knowing Your Intuitive Mind, both by Dale W. Olson. I think they're probably some of the best resources out there as I looked and looked at one point and I couldn't find too many good books on the subject at all, and this one stuck out to me as the best resource I could find on the subject.

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©

Old 12-10-14   #4
Maikan

Location: On a wild mountain side above an emerald valley talking with the ancestors and a herd of horses

I find I can influence the answer often just by my mind wandering. So I only use one as part of a verification for other ways of douseing. I use dousing rods which are a bit more accurate I find, but I also use something that roughly translates as sticks, stones n bones. Between the last two ways I get a good idea of an answer. I then back this up with the Pendulum.

For quickness I use dousing rods as I can influence these far less.

Maikan

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it..... They live it......!
Maikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-14   #5
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

You've motivated me BrigidRose! I pulled out the two books I listed above along with my pendulum collection and am studying through some of it again right now (haven't looked at this stuff in a very long time)!

Crystal Healing Care©

Old 12-10-14   #6
Brigidrose
Mermaid

I have about 5 pendulums, but my favorite and the one I feel is the most connected to me is a polished quartz crystal. it was a gift and I clean it before I use it. its clear and has some frost and a couple of rainbows.

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-14   #7
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikan View Post
I find I can influence the answer often just by my mind wandering. So I only use one as part of a verification for other ways of douseing. I use dousing rods which are a bit more accurate I find, but I also use something that roughly translates as sticks, stones n bones. Between the last two ways I get a good idea of an answer. I then back this up with the Pendulum.

For quickness I use dousing rods as I can influence these far less.

Maikan
Me, too. If I think in my head, "swing right," it will, or, "stop," and it stops. Once I used one in a mediumship style on the day a beloved friend died... I just wanted an affirmation that he wasn't truly gone. That thing swung so wildly and so fast - I'd never seen one swing like that and I haven't seen one do that since that incident either. I have all my books and charts out as I'm gonna give this a substantial try again. I have dozens of pendulums that I've bought over the years just because I liked the crystal that was hanging on it.

Crystal Healing Care©

Old 12-11-14   #8
Maikan

Location: On a wild mountain side above an emerald valley talking with the ancestors and a herd of horses

Glad I'm not the only one who can influence a pendulum, and I have a collection of them that seem's to be growing, despite me never buying one. I seem to keep getting them given to me for some reason lol!

Maikan

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it..... They live it......!
Maikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-17   #9
pomba gira

My own experience, YMMV, etc.:
Pendulums just tell me anything I want to hear. I suspect it's because I have really good fine moror control - not bragging, just saying that my hands make things happen without me having to think about it. So no pendulums for me, thanks.

The only exception is predicting the sex of babies. They've been right for me every time so far.

But for answering questions, finding lost objects, etc. - NO. I'll stick with cards, runes, etc.
pomba gira is offline   Reply With Quote