Go Back   EarthSong Forums > General Occult > General Occult > Psychics, Sensitives and Empaths

Psychics, Sensitives and Empaths This forum provides discussion and support for any member developing one or more of these skills or dealing with the associated challenges

Old 03-27-13   #21
feranaja

Default Re: How can I get back to having more comforting dreams....

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrus4 View Post
As a final point, apparently an alchemical elixir made with lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) can be efficacious where the symptoms of age are concerned. These, however, are all things which can be started no matter how young a person still is. Prevention is better than cure, as they say.
If it's alchemical, what else is in it?
I just have a concern with using Melissa in extract/longterm as her effects on thyroid need more investigation.
http://www.herballegacy.com/Morrison_Contra.html

Melissa is often used (with Bugleweed, on the classic formula) to treat Grave's disease, which is to say it an help lower the production of TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) which in turn lowers levels of circulating thyroxine, and alleviates symptoms associated with hyper thyroidism. It follows this is something you do not want with an existing hypothyroid condition - and while there is controversy over the use of Melissa with this condition I personally won't use it, even in formula, because there are other plants that can function similarly but without the cause for concern.

I suspect the longevity aspects of melissa may relate to her gentle, relaxing-nervine properties, because truly, nothing ages you as fast or as destructively as stress. Herbs to support the CNS are many and selection should, as always, be tailored to the individual.

I truly believe that building a strategy to grow older in a healthful and vibrant way, depends on the individual's commitment to working on all the levels - diet, stress management, exercise, spiritual focus, herbs, work one loves and a good but not excessive/addictive dose of pleasurable things.

My friend and fellow-herbalist Traci Picard nails it, as usual:
http://fellowworkersfarm.wordpress.c...ght-loss-herb/

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-13   #22
Valmont

Apparently there are esoteric processes you can go through to attain a state of youthfulness. I'm not completely sure how this would work, but I assume it's staying young in your mind as well as looking after yourself physically. Actually, it's about self-healing and psychological processes as much as what you do with your body. Smokers beware: it does cause the ageing process to be accelerated, but if you stop soon enough you can regenerate. The body is incredibly adaptive and would align itself with the physiological changes to induce a state of renewed vigour. Staying young is as much a state of mind, therefore, as growing old is a kind of genetic mutation.

Some people grow old gracefully, and these are the people who have most tended to their bodies and minds and who have developed resilience to the physical corruption of the modern world (processed foods, pollution, environmental hazards etc.). Engaging in a healing methodology will significantly increase your chances of remaining in that youthful state of beatitude. A lot of pain is involved, but in attempting to deal with emotional and physical pressures, time almost forgets about you, if you folow my metaphysics. A carpe diem philosophy is most likely to gain you results in turning back the hands of time. In this manner you forget about the future, live in the present and use to the past to assist you in forming your present. The emphasis should not be on lived experience, however, but on instinctive reactions without impulsivity.

I wouldn't put faith in alchemical elixirs, or on cosmetics, for instance. Once stripped away, they are likely to accelerate the ageing process. What you eat, however, is crucial. It might sound cliched, but a balanced diet, with the essentials like calcium, protein and carbohydrates is vital. Weight-gain is a symbolic physical change as well as a physical one: it has been viewed as such since the Middle Ages. When we start to indulge ourselves and lose our discipline, with things like gluttony, the ageing process can start to seize control. The Bible is quite enlightening on this point, especially on Solomon's Seven Deadly Sins in the Book of Proverbs. It may seem arcane, but it actually has relevance to the modern phenomenon of mankind and his pursuit of eternal youth, which is equated with purity, innocence and integrity, as well as a finely-balanced moral compass.
Valmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-13   #23
feranaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmont View Post
Apparently there are esoteric processes you can go through to attain a state of youthfulness. I'm not completely sure how this would work, but I assume it's staying young in your mind as well as looking after yourself physically.
That's the core of it, which is why I react to all these fifty-somethings carrying on about how geriatric they are. In the 21st century, being "old" at 50, 60 or even older is a choice, to a great extent.

all the levels in balance. That's the groundwork. Next - you work with the Body of Light,and other esoteric elements - but that's a whole topic I can't get into right now.

Start by NOT focusing on minute changes and bemoaning your age. Feel young, think young, and do cosmetically what you need to in order to maintain that feeling. It's magic.
Just trust me on that.

Shane Parrish
Old 03-27-13   #24
feranaja

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1679935.html

http://beckysbuonacucina.blogspot.ca...o-hundred.html

I am becoming the woman I've wanted,
grey at the temples,
soft body, delighted,
cracked up by life
with a laugh that's known bitter
but, past it, got better,
knows she's a survivor-
that whatever comes,
she can outlast it.
I am becoming a deep
weathered basket.

I am becoming the woman I've longed for,
the motherly lover
with arms strong and tender,
the growing daughter
who blushes surprises.
I am becoming full moons
and sunrises.

I find her becoming,
this woman I've wanted,
who knows she'll encompass,
who knows she's sufficient,
knows where she's going
and travels with passion.
Who remembers she's precious,
but knows she's not scarce-
who knows she is plenty,
plenty to share.

-Jayne Relaford Brown (Finding Her Here)

Shane Parrish