Go Back   EarthSong Forums > ThinkTank > Political Forum

Political Forum 3rd time's a charm. All political discussions go here.

Old 02-09-19   #1
Bartmanhomer

Default I Had An Argument With A Trump Supporter On Facebook

A few months back, I had an argument with a Trump Supporter on one of my friend pages. I expressed my honest truth about Donald Trump that he's an idiot. And one of the Trump supporters insults me so I insult her back and block that moron on Facebook. And this is the one reason why I'm pro-liberal and didn't vote for this orange poop. Most Republicans are evil.
Bartmanhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19   #2
satanubis

Default Re: I Had An Argument With A Trump Supporter On Facebook

Well actually you can't say that most republicans are evil. That is their political stance unfortunately. Saying republicans are evil is like saying all satanists are evil and I know a few satanists who are great people and are very ethical in practice. You can't be judgmental of the whole based on one. I know some people are really stupid, I agree with you on that. No issue with you there. Just remember that it's the past and we're living in the present. We can't do anything about the past but to make life better for us and forget the negativity of it.

Reading is Love | The Diary of an Egyptian Witch | I Love My Books
satanubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19   #3
Bartmanhomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanubis View Post
Well actually you can't say that most republicans are evil. That is their political stance, unfortunately. Saying Republicans are evil is like saying all Satanists are evil and I know a few Satanists who are great people and are very ethical in practice. You can't be judgmental of the whole based on one. I know some people are really stupid, I agree with you on that. No issue with you there. Just remember that it's the past and we're living in the present. We can't do anything about the past but to make life better for us and forget the negativity of it.
I've seen Facebook and so many Trump supporters that my friends befriended with are very evil. This is what Republicans represent. Name one Republicans who aren't evil, seriously.
Old 02-09-19   #4
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
I've seen Facebook and so many Trump supporters that my friends befriended with are very evil. This is what Republicans represent. Name one Republicans who aren't evil, seriously.
I guess I'm evil by your definition then BMH as I am mostly listed as a Republican more than a Democrat. I despised Clinton though I disagree with a great deal of Trumps positions as well.
Old 02-09-19   #5
Bartmanhomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonSno_LeeDra View Post
I guess I'm evil by your definition then BMH as I am mostly listed as a Republican more than a Democrat. I despised Clinton though I disagree with a lot of Trump's positions as well.
Whoa. I didn't know that you're a Republican. :O
Old 02-09-19   #6
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
Whoa. I didn't know that you're a Republican. :O
Yep, sort of a screwed up position to be in actually. Were not far enough right to be Tea Bagger's or ultra Christian like many of Trump's group. Yet we typically don't lean far enough towards the Democratic party to be Democrats of Dixiecrats.

Favor some of the Democrat idea's regarding social programs but not to the extent or depth they do. Yet fall behind the Republicans regarding National Defense, Immigration reform (not specifically the wall though) for instance.

It's like the recent shut down,I didn't support that at all. I support immigration reform and we need to do something about our border but that was not it.
Old 02-10-19   #7
feranaja

I may be the most leftist of this forum, along with The Thing - and I know Republicans who are good people and appalled at Trump. Be careful about who you call evil, BMH. I see casual deeds of evil every day but the person overall is not. Evil is a complex issue, and most of it comes from stupidity and/or fear. Now that these individuals are whipped into a frenzy, they are very bold and attacking and I see total asininity from them on FB everyday (hang Obama, build the wall - worse) . But that is not everyone in the party. I disagree with MonSno on some things but emphasize the common ground and hold him in high regard.

Be careful that by hating the hateful action and attitudes of some, you don't become just like them.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-19   #8
Bartmanhomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by feranaja View Post
I may be the most leftist of this forum, along with The Thing - and I know Republicans who are good people and appalled at Trump. Be careful about who you call evil, BMH. I see casual deeds of evil every day but the person overall is not. Evil is a complex issue, and most of it comes from stupidity and/or fear. Now that these individuals are whipped into a frenzy, they are very bold and attacking and I see total asininity from them on FB everyday (hang Obama, build the wall - worse) . But that is not everyone in the party. I disagree with MonSno on some things but emphasize the common ground and hold him in high regard.

Be careful that by hating the hateful action and attitudes of some, you don't become just like them.
Yes, I suppose you're right Feranaja. I should be careful what I say about Republicans.
Old 02-10-19   #9
feranaja

It's just thinking it through.

Remember that the left too, can become rigid dogmatic and in extreme cases - brook NO OPPOSITION, or even critique of ideas. That is a terrible thing. Just recently a man I have known for many years, who is the soul of gentleness, made a pass (sexual) at a woman he was extremely close to, misreading her signals and thinking she was interested. She said no; he ceased. A few months later she was all over Social Media declaring this man an absolute monster (for...making...a....pass). He was vilified and even barred from some of the conferences he taught at. HE RESIGNED HIS JOB. And if you called out the woman doing this to him, you "didn't stand with victims", you're apart of rape culture, and all this utter bloody hogwash.

At the same time this was happening, a FEMALE herb teacher, who is notorious for her outbursts, tantrums, reducing students to tears, even throwing objects at them, was finally arrested for - get this- choking a student whose minor transgression pissed her off. Arrested, charged, awaiting trial. Yet the same people who want my friend's Sean's head on a stick for misinterpreting a moment, were and are vehemently supporting the woman (a very wellknown herbalist). Because you should never "judge" a WOMAN, she was just trying to make her students "more fierce" etc. IMAGINE if that had been a man!!

This is political correctness run amok, and it is insane. So always bear in mind that any ideology can become devoid of it's value if it goes to extremes, if it will not open to disagreement and dialogue.

Not all Republicans are extremists; not all Democrats are sane.

xx

Shane Parrish
Old 02-10-19   #10
feranaja

also, Bartman - I shared this today on FB, and it is a small but powerful bit of wisdom, IMO.

Save your energy!

Shane Parrish