Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Qabalah

Qabalah Qabalah , Kabbalah, Cabala, Kcebealla , and all correspondences , trees , and methods of meditation and magical practices, including pathworking the trees

Old 09-28-14   #1
pentacat

Default Daath

Hi everyone,

I'm making an art project related to the Qabalah. I'm not a complete stranger to the qabalah but I'm not so familiar either.

All I wanted to ask is, should Daath be included on a Qabalah Tree of Life Chart since it's not a Sephirah?

I wanted to include it in some way or another but I don't want to end up being ignorant and turn it into a sephirah.

Thanks in advance
pentacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-14   #2
SunSister
Bog Fairy Fox

Default Re: Daath

I would say yes, but not in the guise of a full sephirah. Its significance is far too great to ignore, what with it being the unification of all 10 sephirot. Higher knowledge, hidden knowledge.. lower knowledge, extending knowledge. It's probably the most complicated but yet the most intuitive of all. Remember Nietzsche's "When you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you"? That's this, exactly.
SunSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-14   #3
pentacat

Thank you SunSinister for your reply

Daath is the omnipresence knowledge of source present in all sephiras, it definitely shouldn't be left out. I was thinking of obscuring it with a dark color symbolizing solely it's presence. Hope it works out ^^
pentacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-16   #4
mr cheese
Chthonic Dreamer

"Daath [knowledge] is the meeting point of subjective and objective consciousness, Inner and Outer experience, and past facing future. We might remember it is a product of Wisdom and Understanding in the first instance. Going down the Tree Daath is formed by thinking, and going up the Tree by feeling. When we have fully transferred the expressions of our mundane lives into Innerworld terms there will be no further necessity for incarnating, and we can live according to our true wills. under such conditions, to think is to act creatively in immediate Time-Space, and turn Force with Form into fact. This means unless individual intelligences were properly geared to each other so that nothing but mutually acceptable thinking occurred, confusion and unbalance would instantly supervene. Man must learn to live as a whole organism before Daath can be properly realised, and this means thinking as a complete consciousness that is not divided against itself."

- William G. Gray (The Ladder of Lights)

"He," I answered, "who loves to contemplate truth…who is able to arrive at whatever remains ever constant. He who is capable of seeing the Whole is a philosopher; he who is not, is not."

Plato (Republic, V, 475; VI, 481-485)

mr cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-16   #5
feranaja
WITCH

What a great quote, I haven't read Gray in many years, but it might be timely for me right about now. Thank you for that mr cheese, and nice to see you on the forums again.

http://mallowandwhitepine.wordpress.com/
plants, spirit, medicine - my Earthwalker blog

"We're in a time of ethical and intellectual corruption. Study the spiritual traditions, live with excellence, resist insanity."
Thomas Moore
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote