Go Back   EarthSong Forums > ThinkTank > Psychology

Psychology For all theories, applications and discussion of the science of the psyche

Old 10-12-16   #1
Bartmanhomer

Default Is Eccentricities Something To Laugh About Or Is It Serious

Last week, I watch Frasier on TV. It was an old episode to see a millionaire was competent to make decisions for himself. Frasier and his younger brother Niles both have different opposing views. Niles believe that he was incompetent, however Frasier believed he was competent. The day of court to hear about the competency hearing. Frasier was making a speech. The millionaire blurt out diabetes, then blow out a train whistle and last he wore a train conductor hat and say all abroad. I wasn't even sure if it was funny or just plain sad. Even though the audience was laughing about it. But them again it was a laughing track box. So this lead me to this question. Is eccentricities something to laugh about or is it serious?
Bartmanhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-16   #2
feranaja
WITCH

Default Re: Is Eccentricities Something To Laugh About Or Is It Serious

I think it depends. Some people are just naturally eccentric - I would say I fall into that category - while others are trying to be unique, different, so it's more of a put-on.

I think you will find that most of us who are truly eccentric, often try more to hide it than make a big show. I prefer animals to most people, and I have literally thousands of books and a beautiful little temple in my house, but crappy furniture and a lot of clutter - I spend money with different priorities than most, and I do actually talk to trees. I can say all this here because it's a safe space - but in many places it would brand me as crazy. Never mind our magical practises!So I think there are people who are just different, and that's a beautiful thing - but also some who want to be seen as different and put on a big show of their supposed weirdness. Those types,I don't really have a lot of use for.

Does that make sense?

http://mallowandwhitepine.wordpress.com/
plants, spirit, medicine - my Earthwalker blog

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."
~ Marcus Aurelius (AD 121-180)
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-16   #3
Bartmanhomer

Default Re: Is Eccentricities Something To Laugh About Or Is It Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by feranaja View Post
I think it depends. Some people are just naturally eccentric - I would say I fall into that category - while others are trying to be unique, different, so it's more of a put-on.

I think you will find that most of us who are truly eccentric, often try more to hide it than make a big show. I prefer animals to most people, and I have literally thousands of books and a beautiful little temple in my house, but crappy furniture and a lot of clutter - I spend money with different priorities than most, and I do actually talk to trees. I can say all this here because it's a safe space - but in many places it would brand me as crazy. Never mind our magical practises!So I think there are people who are just different, and that's a beautiful thing - but also some who want to be seen as different and put on a big show of their supposed weirdness. Those types,I don't really have a lot of use for.

Does that make sense?
Make sense to me.
Bartmanhomer is offline   Reply With Quote