Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Spiritual and Religious Pathways > Egyptian Studies

Egyptian Studies A forum for discussing the Religion, Spirituality and Academia of the Ancient Egyptians

Old 01-03-11   #1
The Black Elf

Default Set - Donn Webb

Can anyone explain Set's apparent rise to superstardom after more than 1,000 years in obscurity?

Set creates the world as we know it -- Yale Univeristy lets us know, more amazingly Don Webb admits he was wrong.

Here is what Egyptian civilization looked like last week:

In the beginning one cultural group the folks at Naquada created Egyptian civilization. Mortuary temples, Heb-Sed, hieroglyphs, star worship, irrigation -- etc. They worshipped Set. When Egyptian civilization reached large scale administration the Setian ideal of chieftains was replaced by the cult of the Living Horus (one guy is in charge). Set has a few names, Bebi, Bata, and Ash. His myth is that of a Trickster- shapeshifter that has to develop talents to become the leading power among a group of Nobles. "Let tahn my Nobles be brought to me that they amy not the truth of my Remanifestations."

At the end of Second Kingdom, Thebes falls -- the north belongs to horse-using Hyskos, the South belongs to Ethiopians. A few years later Theban power comes out of nowhere for the Eighteenth Dynasty. After the Eighteenth even more surprisingly Set, a god that has been unpopular and un-worshipped for nearly a thousand years (except at places like the Oasis of Kharga, whose wine -- the Ink Sutekh or "Gift of Set" was praised). Nobody could figure it out. How did Thebes do it? What did Set have to do with this??

Meanwhile some (not yet monotheistic) Hebrews came up with an alphabet which probably had something to do with hieroglyphics -- probably they did it for trade reasons.

A member of the Order of Setne Khamuast named Patty A. Hardy says that she thinks the Western Desert is the key. She and her consort travels there and perform Setian rites. Smart people (like me) smile at her conceit -- if there as really something going in the Western desert we would know).

One Setian center in the West, Umm Mawagir flourishes along with the Setian sites of Dakhla and Kharga. They have bread, and they have trade with all of Africa to the West and South. They fight off the Ethiopians, give aid to the Pharonic cousins, and feed and finance an army that not only recreates Egyptian royal power, but also is more classically Egyptian than anything since the world-view of Naquada. Their Hebrew trade partners invented an alphabet -- not in the Levant in the Setian city.

I publicly state that Patty A. Hardy is correct, although I think re-writing world history to show her Grandmaster is incorrect might be considered a vulgar display of power, I will am more than glad to overlook it.

http://opa.yale.edu/news/article.aspx?id=7708

http://www.yale.edu/opa/arc-ybc/v28.n16/story4.html

Paradox is your greatest friend in VOID!(echo,echo,echo,echo)TeamPull of mirrors)

When things No Longer seem contrar',discoveringis of t'other ar'!John Barbour(14thc)

With a strong will,patience & hard work,anything can be acheived - Liudmila(Babulja)R.I.P.(10/2/11)Temple of The Star.

That which has never been lost cannot be hidden
The Black Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-11   #2
Darth Brooks
What Would Typhon Do?

Default Re: Set - Donn Webb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Elf View Post
Can anyone explain Set's apparent rise to superstardom after more than 1,000 years in obscurity?
I wouldn't say that Seth has ever "risen to superstardom."

Quote:
Set creates the world as we know it -- Yale Univeristy lets us know, more amazingly Don Webb admits he was wrong.
I don't see anything about Don Webb in either of the articles you linked. And what is Webb supposed to be "wrong" about? I disagree with some of his autotheistic conclusions, but his history is pretty solid.

Quote:
A member of the Order of Setne Khamuast named Patty A. Hardy says that she thinks the Western Desert is the key. She and her consort travels there and perform Setian rites. Smart people (like me) smile at her conceit -- if there as really something going in the Western desert we would know).
And do you have a source for this?

Quote:
I publicly state that Patty A. Hardy is correct, although I think re-writing world history to show her Grandmaster is incorrect might be considered a vulgar display of power, I will am more than glad to overlook it.
Uh-huh.