Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Spiritual and Religious Pathways > Native American Spirituality

Native American Spirituality Exploring Native American Spirituality, Magic and Mythology

Old 08-24-10   #1
EntwinedSoul

Default owl with a snake in its talons

the other night.............I saw an owl with a snake in its talons.........it flew up to a sign and then flew off...................two days later in the exact same place I saw............what I am sure is the same owl..............dead, hit by a car...........yes I layed tobbacco and prayed for its spirit.........does anyone have any insights as to what this may mean............after I will share what I am thinking...............yeah lets chat
EntwinedSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10   #2
LarkWahya
Mystic Mouse

Default Re: owl with a snake in its talons

well i know an eagle with a snake in its talons means something but im not sure about an owl

if you find out please share that makes me curious too

Do you think amethysts could be the souls of good violets? ~Anne of Green Gables
Green is the primary color of the world
LarkWahya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10   #3
Brigidrose
Mermaid

A good friend of mine believes that when you see an animal along the road or where ever , dead, it has exchanged its life for someone else. I had never heard of this before, but one day we were leaving for work and on our doorstep was , I think a rabbit torn to pieces. She said to thank it because it had exchanged its life for someone in the house.

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10   #4
feranaja

I have chills reading this now.
Day before yesterday, I was just pulling into the driveway after seeing Dakota, and in a good mood - great weather, feeling well etc - in the road smack in front of my driveway a garter snake had been run over by a car, I mean just her tail was twisted off and her intestines hanging out. this snake was literally writhing in agony. I left my van in the road (always the practical one, me) ran in to get TheThing, and then moved the snake into the grass. I can't forget her expression, her mouth was wide open and she was turning over and over. I TTouched her along the belly and chanted a prayer I know for dying animals but I was so overcome with pity i could hardly speak. TheThing said he would kill her, but we have no humane way of doing it, I have no sodium pentathol in the house. He said he would drown her but by this time, she was still, and I thought her spirit was leaving. she died after that so we were spared having to do some awful thing. It was a deeply riveting experience, I love snakes so much and my empathy went into overdrive. I felt that intuitive sense of numinosity, about the whole thing - that there was something beyond the sadness in it. The smallness, the helplessness of creatures in this humanized world.

And then reading this tonight, I just had the strongest, strangest feeling.

What do you think your owl/snake visitation meant, ES?

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10   #5
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Just my perspective but to me Owl is ageless wisdom. It is passed from generation to generation. Snkae is transistion and sheding of the old to grow into the new. To loose one skin or life to lay the foundation to allow the new to take root and grow.

I see it as Owl has passed it's wisdom onto the next ggeneration. yet snake has shown that it's wisdom it one of change and sheding of the old ways and skins to make way for the new skin and life to follow. Played out before you I would say both guides have told of what is to come and the extremes that it shall take to play it out.

I would also say to look to the night and embrace of earth (snake is cthonic) as a joining of elements.
Old 06-30-14   #6
EntwinedSoul

Tears running down my cheeks............the owl once again gave its life for me to learn.............Owl is a totem of mine and I have seen and worked with them often............this owl was signalling me to grasp my wisdom and express it through healing. Strike out and *be* who I am meant to be. Use Snake to guide me in to the realms where all is possible, shed the old and with the growth of the new *Heal* like I was shown how to heal.
Old 06-30-14   #7
EntwinedSoul

Last edited by EntwinedSoul; 06-30-14 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-22-14   #8
Thunder Bow

Seen the Owl any more?
Thunder Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14   #9
Maikan

Location: On a wild mountain side above an emerald valley talking with the ancestors and a herd of horses

The snake also symbolizes healing and water. The owl wisdom and ability to move easily between the realms and connect with the spirit, also to see or find out that which is hidden or secret.

Maikan

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it..... They live it......!
Maikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14   #10
Thunder Bow

I hear Owls at night here. Coyote too.
Thunder Bow is offline   Reply With Quote