Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Tools and Techniques > Methodology

Methodology This forum is for sharing and discussion of all magical methods and techniques, from basic to advanced. Discussion is not confined to any one path or philosophy but welcomes all takes on the topic.

Old 07-27-10   #1
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Default Blood Magick - Various Methods Of Using Blood In Practice

Since so many consider blood magicís to be dark or bad I decided to place this idea here.

The usage of blood in magical rites and spells has been known for many years. The reasons, usageís and amounts pretty much variable depending upon the person using it and the reason for usage. Yet I would like to ponder a few things and get some opinions on them.

Ones own blood (regardless of gender) is supposed to increase the potency of ones spells. It may be a small dab to something far larger in amount utilized. The reasons being ones own life force is contributed to the spell work being performed. It additionally brings a closer connection to the ritual / spell being created and released.

Yet that makes me wonder about the notion of menstrual blood versus blood drain from the body. Blood drain being seen as blood obtained via lancet, open wound, lesion, etc type penetrations of the skin.

Menstrual blood would contain the eggs or substance of life from a woman's body. In many ways a blood that would seem to hold a much higher life force potential but also hold the darker facet of death magicís if one considers the egg to be dead and purged from the body.

Yet the menstrual blood also indicates a passage into womanhood and a step away from the purity of innocence. Hence the blood of a child is seen as being closer to the universal womb. The child unpolluted by the influences of procreation and changes to the body to allow for such interactions to be successful.

Closely associated to prepubescent blood would be the blood of birth surrounding the placenta. Such blood being seen to be strongly connected to the universal womb and source of life.

Similarly, post-menstrual blood from a woman's body not seen as strong in life force and vitality as that of the menstrual flow or prepubescent child.

The same conditions to a degree would apply to a prepubescent male, adult male and post male-menopause male with relationship to innocent blood, increased life force and decreasing life force.

So if blood usage were part of your calling would you think of any difference in blood potency or strength?

Would the influences of prepubescent / adult / postmenstrual blood make a difference to your practice?

If so, which would you utilize and why?

Is there a significant difference between the blood of males / females in regards to actually potency and life force contained within it?
Old 07-27-10   #2
green aventurine
mad genius of cuteness

Default Re: (Adult Content discussion) Blood Usage & Magic's

I'm afraid I don't use blood so can't really offer an opinion although I thought the thread looked interesting in our brand new section.

~Rumi

green aventurine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-10   #3
Technician

I am of no, experience or intelligence about even rituals, as i am soon going to perform one [LBRP].
But i would like to say what i feel and i think.
You are doing a ritual, manifesting energy, if you do give a ritual more symbolistic meaning of loyalty,freedom, and empowerment, as in a blood of your own body.
It is what i think equal exchange,you do give something of your own body for something that you want/need. In this case its more energy.
In the end, you are the one who is making the blood potent or not, by its usage.

About prepubescent/adult....etc i am of no experience to talk about it, nor the above but i felt saying it.

I would say about difference in blood, is the only meaning of empowerment and usage that you give ur own blood.
Old 07-27-10   #4
Vindictus
Serpent King

Hmm. I can't see why there would be.

I can see the life energy in the blood growing weaker as someone grows older and closer to death however. I'd think that if someone worked with their life energy a lot, they'd probably have a higher concentration of it in their blood.

Has a Workout Blog now.
Vindictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-10   #5
Cassie
Lady of the Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonSno_LeeDra View Post
So if blood usage were part of your calling would you think of any difference in blood potency or strength?
Well blood usage is not a major part of my practice but I would and have used it occasionally if a particular spell or ritual called for it; and yes potency and strength depend on the type of blood combined with the reason for using it.

Quote:
Would the influences of prepubescent / adult / postmenstrual blood make a difference to your practice?
Not to my practice in general but to the ritual or spell in question.

Quote:
If so, which would you utilize and why?
Again that all depends on the reason or intent behind what you are doing.

Quote:
Is there a significant difference between the blood of males / females in regards to actually potency and life force contained within it?
Not in regard to overall potency but certainly in regard to character. Therefore once again, the type of blood you would use would depend on your reason for using it.
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-10   #6
Cran'Thun
My little buttercup

I believe blood just holds a high concentration of energy and that's why it is potent in magickal workings same as semen for men and female juices (whatever the technical term is). I don't believe menstrual blood holds any more value than normal blood though the combination of various bacteria, chemicals and things in menstrual blood might make the energy more potent but I wouldn't know. A skilled energy practitioner can easily gather the same amount of energy if not greater in a very quick amount of time from an external source which means not only a significantly smaller burden on you but also no harm to yourself.
Cran'Thun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-10   #7
Oazaki

First off:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cran'Thun View Post
A skilled energy practitioner can easily gather the same amount of energy if not greater in a very quick amount of time from an external source which means not only a significantly smaller burden on you but also no harm to yourself.
Agreed. I would say the real power of blood magick is not the energy it contributes to the process: you can tap workings into steady streams of energy, and also design the working to evolve (increase, generally) its capacity over time, plus you can set up entities whose ongoing task is specifically to 'power-up' the working.

It's real power, to my mind, is its binding effect.

The knowledge I've taken regarding blood magick I acquired through personal experience: I did a lot of it, over a very short time period relatively speaking moreover. Use your own blood in the process and you bind your very Spirit, which connects at the heart, and moves through the blood. The process whereby the blood feeds everything else in the body to create it physically it is also the same process whereby your working becomes physical.

As such, I don't recommend sealing your soul in any manner other than according to your own will. That is to say, I would not get other entities involved unless you feel like making them a part of your self... or intend to 'draw' them close enough to you - as they attempt to possess you, and work their way through your layers of aura and shields - to be able to 'see', fight and defeat them more easily (saves the hunting part).

The other factor to consider in the process is Time. It is always present, and cannot be gotten rid of completely by banishing. It is like the presence of gravity, but add character to it also. For me, this is the presence of God expressing. So it's worth looking some at the timing of any seal you will perform, as it will be like a 'second birth' for you, but in reverse. And no, that's not death, which is at the other end.

The big advantage of performing blood seals stating what you wish to do/be/acquire etc is that the process then connects your Spirit through to the motion of this solar system itself - as always occurs when The Veil is parted as at birth and death (and it is this 'parting of the Veil' in such a way which is the special characteristic of blood magick that makes it, imho, so worthwhile). This is especially useful for magickal applications as it brings you to the realization that you are present in a very magickal local solar system, which, if your Spirit is strong enough for it and survives the process, you can wield to summon, manifest or 'process' your results for you:

This is what I call the 'large circle' approach. It takes somewhat longer to manifest results using it, but it is said that it makes those results very lasting indeed. The process is characterised not by the 'vibrations' which go out into the universe spreading out from your body, or from a 'released spell' and then coming directly back to you, but by the entire context you live in rearranging itself to bring about your results through its (the system's) own fulfilment.

I view it as a way to define your own soul very precisely indeed. Or to tell it what to do, if you are a bit of an egomaniac as an incarnated personality, appreciate a good joke, and know precisely what you want out of life. Then, if your soul can't do it, it's got a problem and has got to contact God - or someone else in the spiritual hierarchy who knows what to do, as it has been bound - and find some way to get it done.

Not that I'm saying that you can get God and angels to do something for you, much less delegate to the right demonic little children and get them to do in a duly supervised manner, but it does seem like a working hypothesis.

Oh yeah, and The Disclaimer: if your own personal chakras are tuned differently from the planets of this system then those chakras will 'fight' against the planet they are connected to and represent, and this could break one or the other, or maybe improve them both, or some other result, but you will fight over it with System Admin if you attempt this approach. And may lose, yes.

But yes. It is a Dark Magick (in a way). And they come with a price, and a risk.

Then again, the Power of Sacrifice, especially when you perform it large-scale, and use cows or humans for it, is said to be pretty dark also. And McDonald's is doing quite well - in one way - as also are the people who profit from wars and weapons methodologies designed to harm and kill specifically civilians (eg Kissinger's 'food as a weapon' idea). Personally I don't recommend doing anything like that, even on a smaller scale, as it would make you just as bad as them. Of course, maybe I'm just being too innocent and naive about such things...

all the best,
Oazaki.

My ambition? Restart Temple of Venus as one of the mainstream religions of this planet, bigger than Islam for example.

Closed circuit induction loops: you sow, you reap. Not open to those with no Principles. "Unless you always have the potential within, the Great Function will not appear." -
Yagyū Munenori.

Oazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-10   #8
petrus4
Leaper

The Kalika Purana prescribes blood sacrifice, both human and animal. I have offered a small amount of my own blood to Kali on probably three occasions. The first really occurred as part/result of my decision to commit to her as my Goddess. When I did that, afterwards I had mental imagery of around half a dozen Indian women walking into my bedroom, and surrounding my bed.

I do not believe that Ma wants the excessive amounts that many people seem to think she does. Truthfully, I have doubts about whether she actually wants blood at all. She will accept (and I think view positively) a small amount of my own, on rare occasions, primarily as a gesture of devotion. I feel, however, that I have been discouraged from doing it on a regular basis.

Last edited by petrus4; 10-15-13 at 06:57 PM.
petrus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-10   #9
Vindictus
Serpent King

Perhaps drawing energy from an outside source is more efficient in the short run, but wouldn't developing your own energy to use, whether through blood or pure energy work, be more efficient in the long run? In addition, blood has an aesthetic value that can be irriplacable in certain situations, and [Speaking from exp.] the pain of cutting or pricking yourself for blood is a remarkable focusing tool.

Also, who says it has to be your blood? I'm pretty sure that a mouse or rat from the pet store would have more then enough for whatever purpose you need it for, and if they don't... Do like the Voudoun, and buy a chicken. [With option 2, you get free barbecue as an added bonus!]

Has a Workout Blog now.
Vindictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-10   #10
Cran'Thun
My little buttercup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindictus View Post
Perhaps drawing energy from an outside source is more efficient in the short run, but wouldn't developing your own energy to use, whether through blood or pure energy work, be more efficient in the long run?
Nope. Why would it? Look at it this way. What seems better to you: Drawing energy from an inexhaustible supply or drawing energy from an exhaustible supply? Our personal energy is the same stuff that is outside of us but it just usually just tends to be imprinted with our thoughts and desires and such but it is an exhaustible supply. Sure you can train yourself to improve your energy capacity but why do that when you can gather energy more efficiently and also a bigger amount from an external source? So in my personal opinion from my experiences with energy I don't think in the long run it would be more effective to use internal energy for spellwork. Using energy for other purposes such as martial arts for example I think it is definitely much better to use your internal energy and train that. I suppose it might technically be possible to use external energy in martial arts but I think using your internal energy will be far more efficient in the long run.

Quote:
In addition, blood has an aesthetic value that can be irriplacable in certain situations, and [Speaking from exp.] the pain of cutting or pricking yourself for blood is a remarkable focusing tool.
What aesthic value does it hold to you? I suppose the pain can be a good focusing tool if you need that sort of thing.

Quote:
Also, who says it has to be your blood? I'm pretty sure that a mouse or rat from the pet store would have more then enough for whatever purpose you need it for, and if they don't... Do like the Voudoun, and buy a chicken. [With option 2, you get free barbecue as an added bonus!]
I think using animal blood would be even more useless than using your own since animals do not hold the same amount of energy that we do, especially if your energy centres have been awakened.
Cran'Thun is offline   Reply With Quote