Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Tools and Techniques > Energy Work > The Science of Energy

The Science of Energy Discussion and techniques of the science of energy as a form of magic.

Old 02-11-11   #1
Cran'Thun
My little buttercup

Default Offensive magick interpreted into energy coding

As an occultist I try and study everything when it comes to magick and the universe to try and learn as much as possible and that includes areas that people would usually find wrong such as offensive magick where you intend harm to someone or destruction to something.

I have found it incredibly difficult to incorporate offensive magick into energy coding and have expiremented on multiple occasions and was only met with failure. Occultists all around the world have found success with using offensive magick though so there must be some way for me to incorporate it into energy coding.

When I desire something my code would usually be something like: job+opportunity+employer favours me above other canditates+hire me

But in offensive/destructive energy coding what would it be? I've tried various formulas but only to meet with failure.

Logically it should be something like:

person (identification would be name but I guess energy could used, might work better)+hard object+anatomical part (such as a big toe)+ bump/stub against hard object

Any ideas?
Cran'Thun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11   #2
SunSister
Bog Fairy Fox

Default Re: Offensive magick interpreted into energy coding

I'm not one for the offensive, except in self-defense. Do you know how to utilise offensive energies in self-defense? That might be the best starting point of your study. I usually don't have the rationale to stop myself from doing real harm at that point, so any energies I use in self-defense are probably also the energies that would work for me when I would be willfully on the offensive without a direct cause.
SunSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11   #3
Cran'Thun
My little buttercup

Self-defense would be the primary goal yes as I'm not malicious person and would go out hurting tons of random people just for the heck of it The problem still lies in the application and quite frankly self-defense in the physical would require a much quicker reaction in the energy in order to defend yourself. Energy has limitless potential where application in the physical is concerned but it's not as simple as just doing something unfortunately, you need to know exactly how you would apply the energy into such a direction. Purely offensive techniques would work better because it will start to come into effect over a period of time (such as a few days or more) whereas for self-defense you would need a more immediate application.
Old 02-11-11   #4
Kokaba'al

Try coding it in a way that resembles actual computer code. Computer related analogies always seem to work really well when 'programming' energy. Depending on what you want to happen, there's a few ways you could redirect energy into something offensive. Viruses are great inspiration for working little details.

Input X
Attach to Y
- If X is attached, activate when Y is activated
- If X is activated, cause Y to disrupt other systems
-- If disruption originating from Y is successful in disrupting other systems, copy X to those systems.

(where X is the desired result, and Y is the thing you are acting upon)

But really, it's going to depend on what you actually want to do. There's plenty of ways that one could do offensive magic, various spins on it and such. But trying a cascading set of consequences tends to work well as magic seems to largely rely on the knock-on effect of other things. You can start small and build up to something quite big.
Old 02-11-11   #5
feranaja

If this is for protection against a known curse or spell there is nothing so effective as turning it back on them with accelerated force. Is this what you're looking for? You have to have superior defenses to do this well and also be able to work without emotion. But I'm not sure I know what you're looking for.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11   #6
SunSister
Bog Fairy Fox

Self-defense usually requires an already present set of energy defenses, but those are always good to have regardless of circumstance. I have several layers of defensive energies around me at all times, of which the 'turning it back on them with accelerated force' is one of the basics. However, I do like to scare the offender who's trying to get into my system so that I have enough time to snap the access lines shut.

Runic magic, by the way, seems to take a longer period of time to take effect. Same goes for a repetitive mantra and a number of other defenses.
SunSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11   #7
feranaja

I agree - I tend to "work on all the levels" so to speak. I only use aggressive force if all else has failed to shut the offenders down. Some of them are very persistent - but, the amusing part is this; most who will go on the attack magically are not very developed people and so they use their own hatred, anger whatever as fuel. In these cases you can sit and watch it eat them alive. O course, it's a mistake if that's ALL you do - something I found out the hard way when I just relied on shields and waiting for the attackers to hurt themselves. To shut it down one does need more active components to the work. I wish it were not so, but if a burglar entered my house I wouldn't hesitate to stop him by any means at hand. Why should it be different with magical attackers?

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11   #8
Cran'Thun
My little buttercup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokaba'al View Post
Try coding it in a way that resembles actual computer code. Computer related analogies always seem to work really well when 'programming' energy. Depending on what you want to happen, there's a few ways you could redirect energy into something offensive. Viruses are great inspiration for working little details.

Input X
Attach to Y
- If X is attached, activate when Y is activated
- If X is activated, cause Y to disrupt other systems
-- If disruption originating from Y is successful in disrupting other systems, copy X to those systems.

(where X is the desired result, and Y is the thing you are acting upon)

But really, it's going to depend on what you actually want to do. There's plenty of ways that one could do offensive magic, various spins on it and such. But trying a cascading set of consequences tends to work well as magic seems to largely rely on the knock-on effect of other things. You can start small and build up to something quite big.
Excellent advice Thanks, Koka! I unfortunately know very little about computer programming but it can definitely make an improvement to your code structure I'll have to go through this thoroughly and think of a way to use it.
Old 02-11-11   #9
Cran'Thun
My little buttercup

Quote:
Originally Posted by feranaja View Post
If this is for protection against a known curse or spell there is nothing so effective as turning it back on them with accelerated force. Is this what you're looking for? You have to have superior defenses to do this well and also be able to work without emotion. But I'm not sure I know what you're looking for.
I was referring to using energy for physical self defense. Magickal self defense is easy.
Old 02-11-11   #10
Kokaba'al

I don't know much either, but there's a few programming languages out there that are fairly straight forward - anyone could look at it and say 'oh, I see that this section causes this, while this section causes a change if a certain condition is met'. It's just a case of breaking it down into something which is simple and works for you.