Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Tools and Techniques > Methodology

Methodology This forum is for sharing and discussion of all magical methods and techniques, from basic to advanced. Discussion is not confined to any one path or philosophy but welcomes all takes on the topic.

Old 11-15-13   #81
petrus4
Leaper

Default Re: Blood Magick - Various Methods Of Using Blood In Practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikan View Post
So by this point I was pretty much groaning inwardly, because I know the relevance of what this old man had just told me from my own heritage and Ancestors, basically I’d out of chance and circumstance given the Ancestors and Sidhe here a gift of two fine horses, which has sealed my pact with them and this land this alone would have been enough but the added fact one of those horses has a blood bond with me just made the deal a whole lot sweeter and more powerful on the part of the Ancestors and the Sidhe here.
That is very scary, Maikan. Definitely proved my point.

Last edited by petrus4; 11-15-13 at 07:20 PM.
petrus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13   #82
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice View Post
I don't know that I'd necessarily compare blood with semen and tears. ..
I'd agree that there is no true comparison between them. Similarities in how they might be similar in usage occurs considering the closeness of energy. But that to me is more about masculine and feminine flows I think and the currents within the human body fluids. Especially so considering body fluids versus bodily materials such as hair, skin, toe & finger nails.

But in that I think one crosses into the notion of poppets and such more so than sympathetic magics which rely upon energy flow.
MonSno_LeeDra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13   #83
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikan View Post
.. to the standing stone and the tom, by well the stone is now back where it belongs it, and one of the stones from the tomb markers its site, it was something the Ancestors and the Sidhe here made very clear they wanted done, but a lot of work still has to be done with them and the land here to return it to what it was. All this for 1 pint of blood and a selfless act to save a life.

Maikan
That always reminds me that blood oaths can also cross via ones lineage and they not even know about it. When I was stationed in Scotland I encountered a spirit that says it had a blood oath to defend one of my ancestors that it failed to protect. It found me within three days of my arriving there. Until I arrived there it had no way to regain its honor and uphold that blood oath. He defended me a couple of times against "Spirit" assaults and when my son was born appears to have crossed to defend my wife and children.

I figure if ones ancestors can make bonds via blood that affect us then it seems logical that we ourselves can create them as well to our future. The bad part is I think they are far easier to create than most of us ever give serious consideration to or about.
Old 11-15-13   #84
StoneSeer

I'm too lazy to quote, forgive me. But, earlier in the thread there was mention of never binding oneself to another person via blood. I agree with this, but what about divination tools?

And no, I don't mean consecrating them with blood, but binding them to you by blood. Or other tools in ones practice, like specific stones, or amulets and that sort of thing.

Visit me at http://tarotkristy.com/

"Evolution is a tightly coupled dance, with life and the material environment as partners. From the dance emerges the entity Gaia." - James Lovelock
StoneSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13   #85
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneSeer View Post
I'm too lazy to quote, forgive me. But, earlier in the thread there was mention of never binding oneself to another person via blood. I agree with this, but what about divination tools?

And no, I don't mean consecrating them with blood, but binding them to you by blood. Or other tools in ones practice, like specific stones, or amulets and that sort of thing.
Myself the only tool i'd ever bind to myself via blood would be my sword. It is based upon the old assumption that by blood binding the bladed weapon will never turn upon its owner and user. I would consider the same type of binding with any other edged weapon that I would dance with but that is just me.
Old 11-15-13   #86
Lightdragon
pagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonSno_LeeDra View Post
Been thinking about this one.

Figure blood has a salty taste and content to it so it seems somewhat logical that tears might be used in a similar manner. Consider that tears are basically something the body is using to get ride of waste that has invaded the eyes or emotional release it would seen to match on some level menstrual blood. Yet have to admit I have not heard of them being referred to as black blood so that is new to me.
some of it is coming back to me. the black blood was supposed to be a replacement for menstrual blood in women who go through menopause . a form of the crone aspect.

Quote:
Semen I think could also be seen as white blood given that it is associated with the force of live and creation the same as blood is. About the only thing I can think of though is it would be purely masculine energy and focus where as blood tends to be feminine in energy and focus for me. Sort of ties into the feminine is internal and reflective (passive perhaps?) while masculine is projecting and forceful (active maybe a better term).
possible.

anyway ty for the input.

Super-Cool Retired mod type

I did not have sex with this actress Chloe Bennett
Lightdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-13   #87
Katharine
Priestess of the Unseen

If you're going to bind an object to yourself with blood, you make damn sure it's never out of your possession.

Doesn't matter how strong your wards are, how much you know, an unfriendly practitioner in the possession of such an object can wreck you, no contest. Not just hit you with every curse they've got like you don't have shields, but I mean direct control. Send me an object like that, I can make you fall in love with your worst enemy. Could probably convince you to give ten percent of your income as a tithe if I wanted to. I don't do that kind of crap because it usually comes back to bite you in the ass, but there are a few of us who do.

It can do interesting things for your work, it'll put one HELL of a charge in a ritual tool, but if you ever dispose of the tool (i.e. it breaks) you make sure there's nothing left of it, both physically AND astrally. A ritual fire does the trick. It's hard to break that kind of link once you've lost the object, you might just end up asking me to do it. Hah.

You mentioned stones, and an idea which occurs to me is that you might consecrate a stone in your own blood, and having linked yourself to it you would reap the benefits of its energy without actually needing to carry it.

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."
-Oscar Wilde

"Why, sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast." -Lewis Carroll

Voice In The Dark Blog
Katharine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-13   #88
petrus4
Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice View Post
If you're going to bind an object to yourself with blood, you make damn sure it's never out of your possession.
I think the simplest way to sum up this topic in general, is to quote Jim Carrey.

"Blood should stay inside the body. That's just where it's meant to be."

Before you ask, yes, I have experience, kids. Both of my Kali statues have had my blood on the base of them before.
petrus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-13   #89
Maikan

Location: On a wild mountain side above an emerald valley talking with the ancestors and a herd of horses

Man my typo's were bad yesterday lol!

petrus4, the realization that hit me was more to do with the fact I realised what a crazy thing I'd done and now I had to live with a whole new scenario that I hadn't foreseen back then. So its a lesson well learn't on my part.

A blood tie is a blood tie and has to be honored how ever it ends up working out, its sure could have been a lot worse than I got. I just hope my experience here helps others understand just what can happen even unexpectedly. If I really think about it in hindsight I should have cremated that horse but hey you don't tend to think of these things until after the event.

As to blooding blades of weapons, well its all very good but they can get lost or stolen over time. I had a knife that I made stolen and used against me energetically many years ago back home. That knife I'd not only made I'd also blooded. I was lucky that a good friend got the knife back and destroyed it at my request. It was then returned to me in bits to do with as I thought best, which I did.

So I'd be real careful with anything like that again, because the unexpected can happen and things can be used against you or old blood ties called in. If they are, you have to honor them and as pointed out by MonSno these can cross via lineage as well.

I would just advise real caution to anyone thinking about using their blood in this way, once its done which is all to easy especially in the heat of the moment, it can't be undone and your accountable for what happens afterwards even in some cases after death.

Maikan

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it..... They live it......!

Last edited by Maikan; 11-16-13 at 05:31 AM. Reason: more typos
Maikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-13   #90
SunSister
Bog Fairy Fox

I've tied runes to myself before with blood. Most of them broke over time (intensive practice and clay don't mix over here ) but the power it gave them to be tied in with my blood was very noticeable. I've heard people say it's like "they sing" when you read with them, which was certainly the case over here. The readings became clearer, the magic brighter, everything just fell into place.. Definitely gave an extra dimension to the existing practice.
SunSister is offline   Reply With Quote