Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Ritual Magic

Ritual Magic Exploration of ritual magic from the Golden Dawn to the myriad modern offshoots

Old 10-31-10   #1
David_2010

Default R.J. Stewart 'Living Magical Arts'

I figured this was, probably, the best place to put this, but, for those of you that have read
'Living Magical Arts' by R.J. Stewart 'Living Magical Arts' by R.J. Stewart
, what did you think of it?, I recently just started reading it, and I'm really enjoying it so far, he explains a lot, but, doesn't use much esoteric jargon.

The exercises look really good as well, although, I'm going to do what he suggests, and read the book through, then go back and try the exercises.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the book?.
David_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-10   #2
Frater SCS

Default Re: R.J. Stewart 'Living Magical Arts'

I wish I had something to add for you...but this book represents a huge gaping hole in my library. I've meant to buy it for probably 15 years, but somehow I never have. Advanced Magical Arts may have been the first book of R.J's that I bought(or Underworld Initiation), and I've always loved his stuff.

Are you on his email lists? LMA has been the current topic for the book discussion group.
Old 11-01-10   #3
David_2010

Default Re: R.J. Stewart 'Living Magical Arts'

Thanks for the reply, and his work definitely is interesting. I am on his Yahoo Groups, although I mainly just lurk there, I haven't really participated yet.

BTW, if you do manage to find a copy of 'Living Magical Arts', I saw R.J. say that the 1987 edition, published by Blandford Press is the best one to get, as there is a later edition, but, apparently, it's not as good, or a pirate copy or something. I also think I remember his posting that next year, he will be bringing out a new edition of 'LMA' so, maybe, you'll be able to get it then?.
David_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote