Go Back   EarthSong Forums > ThinkTank > Mythology

Mythology All aspects of world mythologies, ancient and modern

Old 06-11-12   #11
HRH
Just me

Default Re: Where did the Christian myth of Creationism come from?

The lyrics to Amazing Grace that refer to 10,000 years is absolutely nothing to do with evolution. It says, "When we've been here 10,000 years, we've no less days to sing God's praise than when we've first begun." It's speaking of an eternity in heaven. It comes right after the bit that says, "grace will lead us home."

And:

Archaic Homo sapiens, the forerunner of anatomically modern humans, evolved between 400,000 and 250,000 years ago, as the Neanderthal population declined. Recent DNA evidence suggests that several haplotypes of Neanderthal origin are present among all non-African populations, and Neanderthals and other hominids, such as Denisova hominin may have contributed up to 6% of their genome to present-day humans.[ 10][ 11][ 12]Behaviorally, modern humans developed around 50,000 years ago according to many, although some view modern behavior as beginning with the emergence of anatomically modern humans.[ 14]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution

Last edited by HRH; 06-11-12 at 11:02 AM.
HRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-12   #12
PrincessKLS

Well thank you HRH for that imput, I was a bit misinformed I guess.
PrincessKLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-12   #13
BadBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKLS View Post

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm just curious of why Abrahamic creationism is so pushed in my country to a point where a creationism museum has been built and treated as a scientific one?
It's because the Puritans, although their motivation may have been righteous, their idealism was flawed with much of the naivete and superstition the rest of the World was starting to reject. They rejected the perfectly valid scientific method, which was reshaping our understanding of the World, and preferring to trust in the cosy superstitions of the past, they sailed away to build a New World.

Now the rest of the World is knocking at the doors of their superstition, rather than greet them as the salvation of their children, they bolt the doors, and prefer to see it as the vindication of their Fathers.
The only thing left that will get these people's attention, is going to be when their Blonde haired, blue eyed Jesus arrives on a T-Rex to lead them all up to Heaven.

Until then, they'll probably continue to teach their young a young Earth paradigm, speak in tongues, juggle rattlesnakes, protest funerals of Soldiers, pray the gay away, build barns, reject electricity and engines, hate fags, own their Women, marry their cousins, or whatever kink their particular faction of Puritanism demands of them.
Old 09-20-12   #14
PrincessKLS

OMG, most Christians would not protest a funeral, most Christians, even the most conservative, homophobic ones hate and can't stand the extreme evils of the Westborough Baptist Church.
Old 09-20-12   #15
BadBeast

I wasn't suggesting you/they would. I was just pointing out the reasons why creationism (and other such antiquated and backwards religious dogma) is such a popular theory in America, when the rest of the World can see how flawed and ridiculous it is. That was what you were asking, yes?
Old 09-25-12   #16
PrincessKLS

Right but you mentioned the funeral protest and the only "church" that does it are the Westborough Baptist who are technically a cult and they mostly do that because the pastor of the church was once denied by the military, and I can't explain their intense hatred for gays and Jews from a personal standpoint but based on my research the funeral protests are coming out of bitterness and jealousy.
Old 10-29-12   #17
Twilight Siren

I like the explanation of Genesis in The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life by Drunvalo.

In order to really understand it (as I'm not that great at explaining it yet) I suggest you read the book, or at least the part in question here (starting on pg. 150) . But anyways, it deals with creation and existence being a result of consciousness (of 'God') manifesting through sacred geometry.
Quote:
Sacred geometry started when spirit made its first projection into the Void and created the first octahedron around itself.. . . Spirit can sit in the middle of its first creation for a long time [Fig. 5-31], but eventually it’ll make a decision to do something. To re-create this process, mystery school students were given instructions to reenact the same motions that spirit took.

Remember that spirit is now sitting in a sphere (the form a spinning octahedron makes). The instructions are to move to that which is newly created, then project another sphere exactly like the first.... the sphere. So consciousness decides to go to the surface. It makes no difference where it goes on the surface; it can go anywhere. It doesn’t make any difference how it gets there either, whether it goes in a straight line or curves or spirals out or explores every speck of space in between. It can be really creative; it doesn’t make any difference. But somehow or another it will end up somewhere on the surface of the sphere. For purposes of this example we’ll say spirit went up to the top (just to be symmetrical and easier to deal with). Anyway, spirit, this little single eye, lands on the surface [Fig. 5-32]. It has just made the first motion in Genesis: “And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.” And the very next thing was: “God said, ‘Let there be light,’ and there was light.”

At this point spirit knows how to do only one thing—actually, it knows how to do two things, but the end result is one. It knows (1) how to project the little octahedron and create a sphere and (2) how to move to what’s newly created. That’s it, a very simple Reality. So once it arrives on the surface, it makes another octahedron, spins it through the three axes and forms another sphere identical in size to the first one. It’s identical in size because its ability to project into the Void is the same. Nothing has changed in that respect. So it creates a second sphere exactly the same size as the first.

The Vesica Piscis, through Which Light Is Created . . . .

The first motion/day produced the vesica piscis, which is the basis of light. The second motion/day produced, in the interpenetrating relationship between the three spheres, the basic geometries of the star tetrahedron [Fig. 5-37], which you will soon see is one of the most important shapes for life. . . . .

Once spirit has created the third sphere, it now moves to the innermost circle point and projects another sphere [Fig. 5-38]. . . . This is very interesting; it is the fourth motion/day [Fig. 5-39]. It says in many Bibles in the world that on the fourth day of Genesis exactly one half of creation was completed. Starting from the first motion, exactly one half of the circle was formed [Fig. 5-39a]. We have moved exactly 180 degrees from the point of the first motion.
It goes on, and has many helpful illustrations to make sense of it and help visualize it. Out of context, and broken up (like I've done here) it doesn't make a great deal of sense but, reading it in its' entirety (in the book) really helps open your eyes to the metaphorical/allegorical nature of Genesis.

If anyone needs it, I can direct you to a site to download volume 1 of this book for free. It's got some other far-out stuff into it but I assume people here would be more open-minded to entertaining their possibilities.

http://www.diaryofdissonance.com/

"God didn't come for the girls, you idiot.
. . . He came for the jazz."
Twilight Siren is offline   Reply With Quote