Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Enchantment > Faerie Lore and Magic

Old 12-07-13   #1
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Exclamation Oh no! Faery problems!

Okay, this is going to sound really weird, but, this is EarthSong, so maybe this is the right place to post this...

I've been thinking about the Fay non-stop for the last week or longer. I've even thought aloud a few times that I don't dispute their strength but that I'm not afraid of them. Last night, when my fiancé left the room, the door moved ajar by itself. Then the blinds started moving on their own, rattling. There was no draft. Earlier in the night I'd been playing with a Faery design pendulum and it was really moving...

My fiancé just walked in with my iPhone and showed me something on my Reminder/Notes app - it was originally titled "Gift Ideas for Jassen" and had three items listed. It now has just one item listed and underneath says, "I will tell Jassen all about my cheating," or something along those lines. I NEVER WROTE THAT! And he swears he's not fucking with me, pardon mon francais.

What on earth is going on?! Can Fay play really nasty tricks like this? Obviously. And if so, or now that it's going on, what should I do? I feel like sleeping with a cast iron skillet and I've got a crucifix hanging in my doorway now... Ugh!

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
Hibiscus Moon Crystal Academy Website Alumni Page
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©
CrystalHealingCare@outlook.com
www.CrystalHealingCare.com

Facebook:Facebook.com/CrystalHealingCare
Twitter:Twitter.com/CrystalHCareCCH
Instagram: Instagram.com/CrystalHealingCare
LadyOfTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-13   #2
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Default Re: Oh no! Faery problems!

Ah, didn't you just recently have a thread about his freaking out and accusing you of things? Now this comes up. Sorry don't think it has anything to do with the Fae.
MonSno_LeeDra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-13   #3
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

I have already thought of that and am certain there's something else going on. There's more paranormal things going on and more missing items found in weird piles/collections.

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©

Old 12-08-13   #4
Katharine
Priestess of the Unseen

I've got to second MonSno and voice suspicions of him... Really, for anything he COULD have done.

Now as for things he did not have the physical capacity to do, such as spontaneous movement of blinds in an empty room... Well, that suggests guests.

It is technically possible they could write interesting messages on your phone, it's just a lot more likely it was him. On which note, I would be questioning why the FUCK your mentally ill fiance is still reading things on your phone.

Now that the "mundane solutions first" public service announcement is out the way. On to how to get them to stop.

Why by all the gods real and imagined are you under the impression that a crucifix is going to do anything? That doesn't even work on demons, unless you're Catholic, then it works on everything, but only if you really believe it. The crucifix is a focus for YOUR energy, and allows you to take into the collective egregore of Christian faith, nothing else. Unless the symbol has a deep spiritual meaning for you personally, it's a creepy statue of two sticks with a little guy hanging on them.

Your step one is to ask them who they are and what they want. If they don't answer, or you lack the ability to hear the answer, politely ask them to stop or to leave.

If they don't, you may wish to make an offering, milk and honey is universally appropriate, in exchange for not troubling you anymore. Again, politely, tell them something like that you are interested in working with the fae but that you are learning and would appreciate their patience and indulgence while you get the hang of it.

Remember, politeness is mandatory, and flattery couldn't hurt. Never, ever ever ever ever speak ill of the fae, even just to yourself. In fact, try not to think bad thoughts about them either, they can hear you unless you know how to shield your thoughts well. This is true even for the most dangerous of them, even for the ones you might want to banish.

You drive off a group of redcaps, or a kelpie, and they'll probably just go somewhere else. If you're rude about it... they'll come back, and then we'll be hearing about it from your next of kin.

If the phenomena escalate, an actual banishing might be in order, but that has to be done VERY carefully. The fae are not a group of entities you want to piss off. Most spirits, when they become dangerous, do so slowly, and inflict largely psychological harm. You piss off a demon, you get nightmares and chronic fatigue syndrome. You piss off a faerie, you just disappear one day.

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."
-Oscar Wilde

"Why, sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast." -Lewis Carroll

Voice In The Dark Blog
Katharine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-13   #5
SunSister
Bog Fairy Fox

I'm going to third the common sense party and say that it may be very likely that it was your fiance with the phone. (I am still singing 'run to the hills' under my breath -- seriously, once again, get out while you still have the ability to.)

Of course the fair folk can play other tricks on you, though, especially now that you've gone and said that you're not afraid of them even though you believe in their strength. It's exactly the sort of thing they love to do. (A healthy dose of fear never hurt anyone, by the way. Keeps you from doing/saying something really stupid in the face of danger.) I'd definitely go for a respectful offering to them just in case they are the ones messing with you -- you seem set on working with them despite the cautions, so you might as well try to build up a good rapport with them in the process. Sweet things and shiny things work quite well.
SunSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-13   #6
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOfTheTrees View Post
.. What on earth is going on?! Can Fay play really nasty tricks like this? Obviously. And if so, or now that it's going on, what should I do? I feel like sleeping with a cast iron skillet and I've got a crucifix hanging in my doorway now... Ugh!
To address this aspect. If you've been playing with the oracle cards and the pendulum and thinking about the fae it is probable that much of what occurred is your own mind suggesting it. You've focused upon air currents yet movement can be caused by something as simple as heat currents or cold currents through a window. Perceptions of movement is quite common due to light reflection or suggestions of light movement when we sit in one place yet the ambient light moves through the room as our attention changes.

Most of my experience is with the unseelie court and curtain shuffles and door movements typically are not their style in my experience. I've seen more visions in the water with water based entities such as Kelpies or Selkies or the hags. Out of the corner visuals of creature's that taunt almost like Shadow People in how they fade in and out. Lights that float or run in erratic movements that defy normal circumstances.

Door movements and curtain shuffles for me tend to fall into the mental suggestion of movement. Especially if you've been focusing on a given subject for any amount of time you sort of become predisposed to see it.
MonSno_LeeDra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-13   #7
DonelleBeira

Can't speak to the fae considerations but I am of the mind these events have a much more mundane source - like the humans living in your house.

And I cannot second this comment strongly enough -

Quote:
(I am still singing 'run to the hills' under my breath -- seriously, once again, get out while you still have the ability to.

"Remember these moments always, but do not ignore the sad times, either. Memory is the greatest of gifts."
Spoken by Aditu, a Sithi (an Elf)
from "To Green Angel Tower II"
by Tad Williams
DonelleBeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-13   #8
Katharine
Priestess of the Unseen

Now what the fae definitely WILL do is move things while you're NOT looking. If something goes missing, you look everywhere, then find it where you looked first, that could be them. Or you have short term memory loss.

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."
-Oscar Wilde

"Why, sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast." -Lewis Carroll

Voice In The Dark Blog
Old 12-15-13   #9
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

This ended up being one of the most, or rather, THE most elaborate prank anyone's ever played on me. My whole family was in on it. I think most of you know I'm Greek, Czech, Irish, Native American and then have some 1/16s of this and that that I don't really count much into my heritage. My mother was raised in nearly 100% Irish home and I guess is a bit more familiar with faery lore than I ever thought. So anyway, the day after they messed with my iPhone, I come out in the morning and all the silverware is on the kitchen floor. The silver had been set in a separate pile and the metal utensils appeared to be eaten off of. So I'm starting to freak out at this point saying we've got a faery haunting and need to call a priest. Everyone just goes, mmhmm, just put some sea salt around the bed. Later that day I come into the living room and my chair is UPSIDE DOWN. My mom's sitting there leisurely reading Reader's Digest and I'm at the WTF?! point. She says casually, "Oh, I guess I forgot to put one of the iron skillets under that chair. Just be careful turning it right side up so you don't dent anything." And goes back to reading like nothing's out of place. Anyway, the short account of everything is that everyone thinks I'm "superstitious," and had quite a laugh at how much I freaked out. Hmm... Very funny, Mom. It would've made a pretty funny YouTube though because everyone was acting totally normal and stoic and I'm freaking out and they're acting non-chalant and like nothing was unusual. When I finally started saying we needed to move before someone hear's a banshee and then one of us drops dead two hours later they finally spilled the beans and, well, let's just say I didn't think it was very funny! Oh yeah, my mom hangs horse shoes everywhere above doors, with the opening upwards which is a traditional Irish thing in which they believe if the horse shoe is open side down, all the luck runs out. My mom and my fiancé had turned all the horse shoes open side down. Mmmhmm... Yeah, VERY funny. Good thing I have several months here to plan April fool's!

Crystal Healing Care©

Old 12-15-13   #10
Katharine
Priestess of the Unseen

Ah I do so love to say I told you so.

I told you so.

I suddenly like your parents. Good for them. As noted by the fact that a message board full of witches told you to look for a mundane explanation and you ignored us, you ARE too superstitious, and I really hope you've learned something from this.

-Oscar Wilde

Voice In The Dark Blog