Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Tools and Techniques > Energy Work

Energy Work for discussion of all types of energy work, methods and approaches

Old 01-21-12   #1
Sacred
Forever changing...

Question Changing of eye color.

I just had a friend reveal something to me, and I'd love some additional insight if you guys have heard of this before. When I google - it seems some pretty cheesy responses show up online, go figure. LOL!

I have a group of girls I'm friends with, they're all very spiritual, some are pagan. They have gotten together IRL a couple of times, I was supposed to be with them over the holidays but had car trouble

Anyway, when they last got together they were doing some energy work and one of the friend's eye color was changing. She was born with blue eyes, but around the age of 6 her eye color changed. Her son's eyes are blue, but just in the past couple of weeks they have started to go green.

During the girls' energy work they were stating that this friend's eyes were doing some funky things - getting very bright and shiny. Me being curious, I wanted to see what this was. The only thing I've seen happen IRL before was my best friend when we were teenagers, she had brown eyes and when she got very very very angry/upset her eyes would turn bright green. I didn't believe her for years until I did see it happen one day. It was very strange!

So, googling "changing eye color energy" and other prominent keywords are bringing up a bunch of hocus pocus stuff. I'm wanting more reliable folks to ask here if you know what I mean

These woman are very close friends with me, I talk to them often and on the phone/skype so it's not fake "omgz i'm so coolz" type of stuff

Any additional insight into how/why this happened to the one friend?

Oh, forgot to add. Her husband says that when she's very tired/depleted her eyes turn gray.

Sacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12   #2
DonelleBeira

Default Re: Changing of eye color.

My daughter's eyes were that way tho I can't say it had anything to do with energy work or any other such connections. Her's would change from grey to hazel to green to a very light brown depending on her mood and how she was feeling physically. They were so beautiful to watch.

"Remember these moments always, but do not ignore the sad times, either. Memory is the greatest of gifts."
Spoken by Aditu, a Sithi (an Elf)
from "To Green Angel Tower II"
by Tad Williams
DonelleBeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12   #3
Cran'Thun
My little buttercup

I don't know how this works genetically but I don't think energy has anything to do with it. It's like changing your hair colour with energy, technically it is possible but the person who figures it out must be some kind of savant when it comes to energy work. I've never been able to change my eye colour but the shade of my eyes sometimes changes randomly. I have dark blue eyes most of the time but my eyes sometimes turn a shade lighter. Nothing dramatic though.
Cran'Thun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12   #4
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

I may sound like the arse here but if it occured within say a 30 second time frame then I might buy magic. Yet if it occurs over any amount of time you have to take in light shifts, shadow variations, even something as simple as perspective and point of view upon the item.

I've sat before a fire and my eyes changed color quite a bit. Every little flicker of the flame causing it to appear to do so. Did the same in an energy work scenario when the light source was candles.

That doesn't even take into consideration the frequent changes that ones eyes may appear to undergo based upon emotional interaction. Deep concentration results in one thing, light attention something entirely different.

This to me sounds more like catching glimpses of a light flash and assuming they see something.
MonSno_LeeDra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12   #5
HRH
Just me

I might be able to help, on this one. When a person's eyes change color naturally, it usually is because they have eyes that actually have more than one pigment.

My eyes change color quite often. They are hazel, so I have flecks of every color imaginable in my eyes. I can "bring out" certain colors when they appear hazel by wearing different makeup, clothes, etc. fairly easily. Most often, they are a strange gold color, which freaks others out, but I love!

They also "change" color. I don't know the science behind it, but I assume it has to do with constructing of blood vessels...the green gets bigger, the brown get so small they appear to go away, etc.

They change with my mood. My boyfriend looks at my eyes to judge my mood. If he says, "I want to go out and do this..." I always say it's fine. But he'll look at my eyes to see if I mean it.

When I channel energy, my eyes turn yellow. They go from a golden yellow to a bright, true yellow. My boyfriend swears they glow in the dark, but I don't think that's possible...they are just so bright that any light reflected makes it seem so. It freaks everyone out, and I've found that by calming myself and not allowing the energy to overwhelm (wrong word, sounds like I'm out of control, but I don't know what really fits...fill?) me I can control it to a certain extent.

Your friend probably has hazel eyes, actually. They change, but not as often as some. When she channels energy, her mood and excitement cause those vessels to constrict, or whatever the actual physical explanation is, and they change back to blue. Have her practice holding energy at different levels to experiment. I'm guessing it's when she's excited and "bubbling over" that they change.
HRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12   #6
SunSister
Bog Fairy Fox

My eyes can also be chameleon-like. I once had an argument with a friend about my eye colour that almost led to a falling-out. My eyes are bright, lovely green. This friend swore up and down that they were a dark chocolate-y brown. The argument was never resolved, but it was something I pondered over many a time. When the sunlight hits my eyes, they turn into a pure golden colour. Some people have said that they turn golden or as green as grass during my energywork, but I obviously don't have a mirror present during that time and don't know that for sure. I think there's a very mundane explanation called lighting, although I think the energetic component of changing eye colour may depend on how much energy someone is holding at the time. Drained energy levels may result in a duller eye colour than heightened energy levels do.
SunSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12   #7
HRH
Just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSister View Post
I once had an argument with a friend about my eye colour that almost led to a falling-out. My eyes are bright, lovely green. This friend swore up and down that they were a dark chocolate-y brown. The argument was never resolved, but it was something I pondered over many a time.
This struck me. I have a friend whose eyes are blue, and always have been. They have never changed color in the slightest. For ten years, I would have sworn her eyes were green. This is not a casual friend. She is the closest person in the world to me. I've looked into her eyes on numerous occasions. I said something about her having beautiful green eyes, and she got upset. She was extremely hurt that I didn't know her eye color. I was like, "I'm looking at your eyes right now. They are green!" I had to focus intently on just seeing with my eyes in order to see them as blue. So, we started calling people. Every single Circle member spoke of her brilliant green eyes, including the most observant person I've ever known...he never misses anything, and had to see for himself. While we were on the phone, he got out a photograph and said, "Well, that's just weird." Several other people we know who are sensitive confirmed her green eyes. But, her eyes are blue. They photograph blue, people who aren't Gifted see them as blue. In every dream and memory, though, they are green. I think it's a reflection of a past life, in her case, because everyone Sees her the same way. Years later, knowing full well her eyes are blue, it shocks me to see them as blue, every single time.

Maybe your friend Sees something like that?

ETA: In my friend's case, both of her parents have blue eyes. No other color is possible. She actually had to point this out to me before I stopped looking at her like a crazy woman and looked more clearly.
HRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12   #8
SunSister
Bog Fairy Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH View Post
Maybe your friend Sees something like that?
I am not sure, and I cannot ask her now. It's been many a year since I spoke with her. We went to primary school together and were friends then, but I have not really seen her since that time. (Just goes to show what a strange impression that 'fight' over my eye colour made on me at the time!) She's the only one who's ever seen my eyes as brown, for as far as I know, although many people have seen my eyes as gold.
SunSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12   #9
DischordianJoy

I knew a former boyfriend who had normally brown eyes, but whenever he was angry or having a personality change (he had mpd) his eyes would turn green.

I myself have hazel, and they tend to change whenever they want to.
DischordianJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12   #10
Meadhbh

Hazel eyes bring up a good point. If their doing enegery work and their eyes are more than one color then, certain engeries could play upon that and make certain tones become more noticeable than they normally are. Hence the mentioning of light colored eyes changing it seems like green/grey/blue ect eyes do tend to change at least to a point on their own anyway. Those of us who have brown eyes tend to be stuck with the color, so I'm thinking it could be shifts in engery bringing out certain pigments.