Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Ritual Magic > Dion Fortune

Dion Fortune Forum for discussion of Dion, her work, books, magic and life; modern interpreters of her thought

Old 06-17-15   #11
ffetcher

Default Re: Any Dion Fortune Recordings?

I didn't mean to denigrate Violet. Sorry if it came over that way. My intention was to suggest that until about the end of 1942, they were a partnership, not as 'working partners' (althoiugh they were sometimes) but as two halves of a whole.

A bit like me being able to play instruments and my wife being able to sing properly. We work together.

Charles appears to have been a good researcher and a fair public speaker. Violet (Dion Fortune, whose grave we visit every new-year's eve) was able to turn the stuff into a magical system that worked for ordinary people. They were both gifted, but just in slightly different ways.

sorry if I caused offence

blessings
ffetcher
(a tee-shirt for the top quark team at CERN: now the title of an anthology of papers on quantum physics edited by Stephen Hawking)
ffetcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-15   #12
feranaja

It did seem like you were suggesting it was all him and she was the prop. Ok, I admit I find that offensive! but since that's not what you meant, ffetcher, no worries. It did get my hackles up there for a bit....

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-15   #13
ffetcher

There's also the fact that she was a trained psychologist and he was ex-army. She was most definitely in charge of the 3QT group, which had several threads of workings going on, and that occasionally caused friction. In a period when he was working with Christine Hartley (or Campbell-Thompson and I forget which she was at that stage) where his magical diary, in the place where they wrote about health and so on, says 'self, healthy but fed up with the Isis workings'.

Checking the dates, and knowing that he wasn't a part of that strand, what appears to have happened was that Dion had devoted all her energy to the Isis thread, to the detriment of the stuff he wanted to work on. Ah me. that's what Gardnerian covens do to this day.

blessings
ffetcher
(a tee-shirt for the top quark team at CERN: now the title of an anthology of papers on quantum physics edited by Stephen Hawking)
ffetcher is offline   Reply With Quote