Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Song of the Earth > Interspecies Communication

Interspecies Communication verbal non verbal, telepathic - listening to animal whispers, the sound of the voiceless in our world

Old 06-13-18   #1
DrumWolf
Dark Green Atheist

Default Gifts from Crow

My garden is adjacent to a field, and I have a couple of crows that use the area as their territory. Occasionally I put out some seeds for them then sit and watch them for a while. They have become used to my presence, but can still get a wee bit skittish if I move or shift position.

2 weeks ago, as I was coming out to scatter some seeds, I noticed a crow feather at the spot where I always sit and watch them. I assumed that the feather had just naturally been shed from one of them as it flew overhead. However, 2 nights ago, there was another feather left in exactly the same spot.

I knew that crows, ravens and magpies sometimes leave objects such as bottle tops, string etc but I didn't realise they could also leave their feathers.

I felt extremely honoured.

http://thewildlife.wbur.org/2015/03/...-giving-crows/ (watch the video at the end of this article!)

Last edited by DrumWolf; 06-13-18 at 09:12 AM.
DrumWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-18   #2
Brigidrose
Mermaid

Default Re: Gifts from Crow

I love when those things happen. I always feel honored as well. I get owl and hawk feathers in the most random places.

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-18   #3
feranaja

You know Drumwolf, I've had some extraordinary experiences with wild creatures,but perhaps the most powerful for me was, after I fed, tended and spiritually communed with a small herd of deer for many years at my old home, the year I was forced to leave, a young buck whom I (suspect) was one I saw born and whose Mother I tended while she was unwell, left me his antlers RIGHT at the spot where I always came out and fed them. I tear up just writing this.

https://mallowandwhitepine.com/2017/...om-the-forest/

your crow gift is lovely, I have no doubt they are leaving them deliberately.. Will you use them in some ceremonial way, decorate a staff for example?

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-18   #4
DrumWolf
Dark Green Atheist

Not decided what to do with them yet, but I'll definitely keep them.

What do you do with the owl and hawk feathers, BrigidRose?

Fera: I read your blog article. Stunning piece of writing and very heartfelt. You've got to write that novel!
Old 06-15-18   #5
Brigidrose
Mermaid

I save them... I use a few of them for when I smudge.

I thought about making a dream catcher. There are plenty of DIY's on you tube. For now, they are in a crystal glass with some of my crystals.

Fera, you do need to write...you have a special way with words. You could just put your blogs in a book and it would sell.

Old 06-16-18   #6
DrumWolf
Dark Green Atheist

Here's what I did with the feathers:

Here are the gift-bearers. They are hooded crows, so they are not the all-black species that are found in most of Britain. Hoodies are usually only found here in the far north-west of Scotland. These photos were taken earlier today. There is a lamb in the first photo, and the poor sheep here often have to endure a tail pecking from the crows to get them to move away from the free buffet that I provide!

Old 06-18-18   #7
feranaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigidrose View Post
I save them... I use a few of them for when I smudge.

I thought about making a dream catcher. There are plenty of DIY's on you tube. For now, they are in a crystal glass with some of my crystals.

Or make a Witch's Ladder and no one can accuse you of cultural appropriation!

Quote:
Fera, you do need to write...you have a special way with words. You could just put your blogs in a book and it would sell.
I can't tel you how much that means to me - I've been so many years in the trenches of holistic dog care, I fervently want to just teach and write..... thank you for the support.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-18   #8
Brigidrose
Mermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by feranaja View Post
Or make a Witch's Ladder and no one can accuse you of cultural appropriation!

I can't tel you how much that means to me - I've been so many years in the trenches of holistic dog care, I fervently want to just teach and write..... thank you for the support.
Oh...I love that...Is that yours? Ok. I'm going to make one. I will post pictures when I'm done.

Old 06-19-18   #9
Brigidrose
Mermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumWolf View Post
Here's what I did with the feathers:

Here are the gift-bearers. They are hooded crows, so they are not the all-black species that are found in most of Britain. Hoodies are usually only found here in the far north-west of Scotland. These photos were taken earlier today. There is a lamb in the first photo, and the poor sheep here often have to endure a tail pecking from the crows to get them to move away from the free buffet that I provide!

Love that DW...Great idea. Hmmm I have enough to make both.

Old 06-20-18   #10
Habilus

Such a cool story! I used to have a trio that would show up when I used my forge.
I once heard they were attracted to clanging metal because it meant dinner, as in after a war dinner.