Go Back   EarthSong Forums > General Occult > Paranormal

Paranormal For investigation of all paranormal phenomena, including but not limited to hauntings, crop circles, telepathy, UFOs and ESP

Old 09-06-13   #11
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Default Re: I need help getting rid of ghosts!!!

That one is a bit more difficult to answer.

One major sign of being aware they've passed is that they are able to distinguish time from the present and the past. Where it gets a bit iffy there is there are stories of people passing into the time frame of the ghostly spirit and interacting with the spirit. The Spirit of Resurrection Mary for instance interacts with people in this time but her haunting is based upon her trying to get home thus repeating that final night of her life. Even to the point of occasionally leaving physical evidence behind of her presence.

Many times a spirit that is time trapped will do things that are reflective of its time. Figure things such as passing through entryway's that no longer exist or appearing at a specific time and with specific actions that are echoes. Even to the point where there is a manifestation of a background that appears with the haunt, sort of like looking through a tunnel into another time. The thing there though is the spirit seldom interacts with anything or anyone, only repeating some final situation or event.

Speaking to the dead can occur in a number of ways. One can simply speak out loud and ask them to do or not do something. If they are self aware and retain any sense of self it is possible they will answer your questions. One way to do that is to ask the question while recording then playing back the recording and listen closely for an answer. More times than not you;ll hear a very low answer to a specific question though at times all you'll hear is a warning to get out.

You might ask that they do some task to let you know they are aware of you and are willing to speak to you. A task perhaps as simple as the moving of something or returning of something that was taken. The problem there though is that what your dealing with might not be a ghost but some other form of entity that will act like a ghost and play with you for its enjoyment.

It's not used to much today but automatic writing is also a means of talking. Basically you allow the spirit or entity to take take control over one arm and hand and write upon the page as you ask questions. It can produce some interesting results but not always assured you'll be able to read them other than a word or small phrase with lots of spiraling or circling upon the rest of the page. It is problematic in that you have to drop your defense and open yourself up which can also invite other things into you or around you at the same time. At times may involve trance work where another asks the questions and the reader surrenders their whole body to the possession to write or speak.

It's never really worked for me but you might suggest they try to speak through the white noise of a TV set or radio. When it does work most often one has to turn the volume really high as the voice tends to be really low.

Some people are more open to receiving communications from the dead via dream talk. It's not so much interactive as allowing the spirit to speak to you and you hearing it. For some people it's two way like a normal conversation, for others one way where all you do is listen. The bad part is that it can cross into ones dream state and have to be filtered out of their normal mind chatter which can be difficult.

The traditional way of course is the seance or ouija (talking) boards. Not something I'd generally advise as a one sided usage. Some will advise using tarot cards though I disagree in general on that, but that is my own perspective.

Sometimes ghosts will become active simply because someone new has moved into their area. After a bit the two energies sort of merge and the hauntings actually fade or become part of the background noise so go almost unnoticed. Then when you have a visitor or such they may increase while they are there then again fade away.
MonSno_LeeDra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-13   #12
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

As an aside note you might consider one of the paranormal investigation groups that have popped up in many areas. Some are legit, some not so much so but it is an option to explore if you want to speak to the ghost or find out why they remain.

Just be aware though they may not want hardly any info from you so as not to corrupt their perspectives going in.
Old 09-06-13   #13
Floux
idiot in residence

I do not see why you should get rid of them. In my view, they can be a very cheap burglar deterrent.

As for the old man and boy from the past, well talk to them. They may find today more interesting. I for one would have a ghost around if it would behave and not do poltergeist type of haunting. If you have friends over and they see them, then you have a nice talking point. Let them stay, see if they can nice. You never know, you might get burgled one day and have them cowering in the corner due to some old spooky man scaring them half to death.
"The white, twisted clouds and the endless shades of blue in the ocean, make the hum of the spacecraft systems, the radio chatter, even your own breathing disappear. There is no wind or cold or snow to tell you that you are connected to Earth. You have an almost dispassionate - remote, Olympian - and yet so moving that you can hardly believe how emotionally attached you are to those rough patterns shifting steadily below."
Thomas Stafford, American astronaut
Floux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-13   #14
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floux View Post
I do not see why you should get rid of them. In my view, they can be a very cheap burglar deterrent.

As for the old man and boy from the past, well talk to them. They may find today more interesting. I for one would have a ghost around if it would behave and not do poltergeist type of haunting. If you have friends over and they see them, then you have a nice talking point. Let them stay, see if they can nice. You never know, you might get burgled one day and have them cowering in the corner due to some old spooky man scaring them half to death.

I had to crack a smile as I read this for I was instantly transported back into Beetleguise the movie with the lets have friends over and talk to them. he he he
Old 09-06-13   #15
petrus4
Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonSno_LeeDra View Post
As an aside note you might consider one of the paranormal investigation groups that have popped up in many areas.
Exactly what I was thinking. When there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna call?

petrus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-13   #16
Floux
idiot in residence

Mind you, you could have had these for company:

Kids TV classic. Used to watch this as a kid.
"The white, twisted clouds and the endless shades of blue in the ocean, make the hum of the spacecraft systems, the radio chatter, even your own breathing disappear. There is no wind or cold or snow to tell you that you are connected to Earth. You have an almost dispassionate - remote, Olympian - and yet so moving that you can hardly believe how emotionally attached you are to those rough patterns shifting steadily below."
Thomas Stafford, American astronaut
Floux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-13   #17
clumsyshadoes

Sorry I haven't had time to respond. I'm trying to get everything unpacked. It's been quiet for now. Maybe the talk i had about behaving worked. My cats have calmed down although one of them is a lot more loving and clingy than usual. Not that i mind even a little. I'll have to see what happens. Thank you all again. It has been quite an educational thread!

-Roald Dahl
clumsyshadoes is offline   Reply With Quote