Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Everyday Life > Gender and Identity > Mars Forum

Mars Forum for topics specifically related to men's issues

Old 07-25-10   #1
Lord Ruthven
Pater Exemptus

Default Men - be honest

Is it really in the nature of Mars to talk, on a forum, using letters? Shouldn't we start an Odin forum for that sort of thing?

You may also use this thread for bragging in, like confession in the Catholic Church.

"For the meek shall inherit absolutely nothing at all, if you stopped being so feeble you could have so much more" - Pulp 'The Day After The Revolution'
Lord Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-10   #2
feranaja

Default Re: Men - be honest

LMAO, too good. I think I'll have to post when something clever hits me.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-10   #3
feranaja

PS, that could be a while, as i am waxing my legs today.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-10   #4
Cassie
Lady of the Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by feranaja View Post
PS, that could be a while, as i am waxing my legs today.
I doubt if that kind of thing is allowed in this thread. It could make the Martians come over all woozy!
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-10   #5
Oazaki

Ah, good to see you around Lord Ruthven! I am glad to find you reiterating my concern regarding the misapplication of godforces. I'm pretty sure they don't like that sort of thing but, y'know, I'm sure they're all about being misunderstood.

Personally I suspect hitman is to blame, but he's not around to grill about it. Seems like the most likely culprit for such confusion to my mind, but I'm behind on what was behind his disappearance, so am avoiding broaching the topic directly.

To answer your question, I believe Odin would best be represented by Haephastus in the Greek pantheon, as Zeus was certainly not a talker. Possibly they demoted him to the level of a common mortal philosopher, though. At any rate, yes, Mars was not the greatest conversationalist. If we are to believe the Illiad, he was a quite exceptional lover though. I wonder, did he talk his women into bed as is the normal course of affairs so to speak, or was it more like a hand-gesture or mere availability and divinity on his part that did it?

Best regards,
Oazaki.

My ambition? Restart Temple of Venus as one of the mainstream religions of this planet, bigger than Islam for example.

Closed circuit induction loops: you sow, you reap. Not open to those with no Principles. "Unless you always have the potential within, the Great Function will not appear." -
Yagyū Munenori.

Oazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-10   #6
Ludovic

I never thought I would see spoof threads here
Old 07-25-10   #7
Lord Ruthven
Pater Exemptus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludovic View Post
I never thought I would see spoof threads here
Dude, you clearly misnderestimated me. :

"For the meek shall inherit absolutely nothing at all, if you stopped being so feeble you could have so much more" - Pulp 'The Day After The Revolution'
Lord Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-10   #8
Vindictus
Serpent King

Misunderestimate?

Isn't that one of Palin's new words?

Has a Workout Blog now.
Vindictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10   #9
Nacken

Grunts, gestures and monosyllabic responses don't come out very well in the forum media so men tend to contribute less.

Maybe it is just my generation but the only time guys have long conversations is about cars, house repairs and fires or explosion. That is why Kari Byran (Myth Busters) is so hot. She's a lot of guys' dream girl. She's a redhead who likes to blow things up and knows her way around a monkey wrench. Well, in the USA they seem to get hard-ons about guns so maybe chicks with guns are more of a turn-on there.
Nacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10   #10
Kaye Sweetbriar
Rabid Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacken View Post
Grunts, gestures and monosyllabic responses don't come out very well in the forum media so men tend to contribute less.

Maybe it is just my generation but the only time guys have long conversations is about cars, house repairs and fires or explosion. That is why Kari Byran (Myth Busters) is so hot. She's a lot of guys' dream girl. She's a redhead who likes to blow things up and knows her way around a monkey wrench. Well, in the USA they seem to get hard-ons about guns so maybe chicks with guns are more of a turn-on there.

I believe that, specifically, shotguns are what do it. I know a few guys who are quite fond of that imagery.
Kaye Sweetbriar is offline   Reply With Quote