Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Spiritual and Religious Pathways > Paganism

Paganism A forum to discuss the various expressions of Paganism; ritual, theology, practice, history, method and cosmology

Old 05-01-14   #81
Brigidrose
Mermaid

Default Re: Beltane

Blessings to everyone.

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14   #82
Brigidrose
Mermaid

wow that came out big...

Old 05-01-14   #83
feranaja

It's a big day.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14   #84
SunSister
Bog Fairy Fox

Lovely blessings to all of you..

It was pouring down from the heavens earlier, and my Mum and I were worried that the flood of rain would affect our newly acquired plants and flowers as they weren't sheltered safely yet.. turns out we needn't have worried, as a perfect dry square formed itself around the most fragile ones without there being anything in the vicinity that could've done so..
SunSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-15   #85
feranaja

No commentary at all this year on Beltane - I worked straight through. The week ahead is less busy, I should be able to do 8 hour days(except today, today's a doozie) and so I'll do a celebration a little late this year. I have been photographing the tiny new sprouts and shoots that are coming up all over, fr my herb group...and in doing so I've been able to attune t the energies of may much more than I can do sitting at this desk, working. I left cream, honey and a chiastolite sphere out for the fae, at least got that small gesture accomplished.

Some sweet traditional ideas for those of us who are solitary, from Mara Freeman.

To Celebrate Beltaine Today

Arise at dawn and wash in the morning dew: the woman who washes her face in it will be beautiful; the man who washes his hands will be skilled with knots and nets.

If you live near water, make a garland or posy of spring flowers and cast it into stream, lake or river to bless the water spirits.

Prepare a May basket by filling it with flowers and goodwill, then give it to one in need of caring, such as an elderly friend.

Beltaine is one of the three "spirit-nights" of the year when the faeries can be seen. At dusk, twist a rowan sprig into a ring and look through it, and you may see them.

Make a wish as you jump a bonfire or candle flame for good luck—but make sure you tie up long skirts first!

Make a May bowl —wine or punch in which the flowers of sweet woodruff or other fragrant blossoms are soaked—and drink with the one you love.
http://www.chalicecentre.net/may-celtic-year.html

Have a wonderful May!

Shane Parrish
Old 05-04-15   #86
Brigidrose
Mermaid

Ah...It is a lovely ritual..I actually did mine yesterday...it was renewing and immediately balanced me. I also like you will take some days to just enjoy the smells and sights of this time of year.

Old 05-08-15   #87
Windsmith bat Gaia
Reclaiming Tradition

My lovely wife and I almost always celebrate Beltane on the closest Saturday. We started our day with our annual pilgrimage to opening day of the local farmers market. Later, we went with a few of our closest friends to Art in Bloom at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. This is a phenomenal four-day event where local artists, both professional and amateur, make floral sculptures inspired by pieces in the museum's permanent collection. Amazing creativity and a wonderful celebration of the season's exuberant bursting-forth of new life and new passions.
Windsmith bat Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-18   #88
feranaja

Two years since anyone has commented on Beltane! It's never been my most powerful time but this year I am experiencing a strange surge in energy. I've recently (you know, after something like 35 years on this Path) connected with the Horned One in a deep way, so maybe that has something to do with it? Not an overtly sexual energy, I mean like an inner relation to the cosmic growth and explosion of life.
Beautiful.
I think I will have Beltane all month, this year.

Shane Parrish
Old 05-10-18   #89
Lightdragon
pagan

i heard somewhere it was supposed to be the high point in sending negative energy. not sure on that one.

for the past 3 years i was getting a calling from Manannan Mac Lir.

Super-Cool Retired mod type

I did not have sex with this actress Chloe Bennett
Lightdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-18   #90
feranaja

hhmm...I guess it depends on what your tradition is and how you work...I don't send negativity (but I sure send it back to the Abyss).

What happened with your Call?

Shane Parrish