Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Qabalah

Qabalah Qabalah , Kabbalah, Cabala, Kcebealla , and all correspondences , trees , and methods of meditation and magical practices, including pathworking the trees

Old 08-15-10   #11
mr cheese
Chthonic Dreamer

Default Re: Qabalistic Cross

Now let the entire attention be focused on the pen or pencil.
A sense of purpose and clear intention must be felt. Let us suppose
we seek a Michael-contact. Since this Archangel's position is in the
South, we slowly turn the pen clockwise around its middle till it
faces either true or Magical South. Magical South is on the right
hand whichever physical direction we may face. As we turn the
pen, we change it in our imagination to become the Rod, the
instrument of Fire—Michael. When we pick it up, it must feel
mentally a lot longer and heavier than it is physically. Then we
close the eyes, and press the end of the pen against the forehead,
just as before. This time, however, the rod must be figured as a
direction connection between the holder and the Archangel. Somewhere
in another dimension, Michael, whatever this Intelligence
may be, holds the other end. He or it must be reached out for along
the rod until there is a sense of response. We may send a definite
formulated thought such as: "I seek Light. Lead me thereto O
Michael." A picture of the Being in traditional armour etc may be
mentally built up. Then we make ourselves receptive and try to
receive whatever impression will be reflected back to us along the
channel of consciousness we have just made. There may be only a
single word, a sense of light, a momentary flicker of awareness, or
some far more illuminating experience, but there positively will be
something
worth making a note of. At the end of the exercise, some
closing sign, or the Cross, must be made to restore "normality",
and bring the circle of the operation to its completion.

Magical Ritual Methods Magical Ritual Methods

"He," I answered, "who loves to contemplate truth…who is able to arrive at whatever remains ever constant. He who is capable of seeing the Whole is a philosopher; he who is not, is not."

Plato (Republic, V, 475; VI, 481-485)

mr cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-10   #12
mr cheese
Chthonic Dreamer

Your additional exercise for this lesson is learning and
practicing the sign of the Circle Cross on yourself. This is a rapid
way of identifying yourself with Cosmos by a symbolic gesture
outlining the Western view of Divinity. Start with both hands to
the breast, either in prayer position or right over left. Say the
following (preferably) aloud, or mentally:

(Raise R hand and touch forehead In the name of
and say the Wisdom,
(Touch over heart and say the Love,
(Touch R shoulder and say the Justice
(Touch L shoulder and say and the Infinite Mercy
(Trace a complete circle
around these points, saying.) of the One Eternal Spirit.
(Bring R hand to rest on breast
again and say Amen.
Qabalistic Concepts: Living the Tree Qabalistic Concepts: Living the Tree

"He," I answered, "who loves to contemplate truth…who is able to arrive at whatever remains ever constant. He who is capable of seeing the Whole is a philosopher; he who is not, is not."

Old 08-15-10   #13
mr cheese
Chthonic Dreamer

The Qabalistic Cross is the most basic and fundamental practice in Qabalah. It is used to draw down the power of the spirit from above into the mind and body of the Qabalist, as an act of devotion, to centre oneself and stregnthen balance and composure, and to align ones Will with a higher purpose. If you are new to practical Qabalah you should practice this exercise each day for at least a week (prefferably more) before moving on to the next stage.

It can be used on its own as a brief form of prayer / meditation, or to draw strength from the divine and empower an action; In this regard it can be found in a degraded form within popular Catholic culture. More commonly, however, it is used as a component of larger rituals. There are two slighlty different forms of the Qabalisitic Cross, one of which is used at the begginning of the ritual to draw down power and invoke the power of the spirit (etc.) and the other which is used at the end of the ritual which includes an acknowledgement that the power raised and used during the ritual does not in truth belong to the Qabalist but to the Divine itself.

Instructions on the practice of the Qabalistic Cross

In the first version, used at the beginning of a ritual or on its own, begin facing east with the hands hanging loosely at your sides. Imagine that the sky above you is filled with a vast ocean of incandescent white light. This is the Ain Soph Aur. It reaches to the horizons and beyond; and although it is impossible for the human mind to imagine the infinite this exercise demands that the impossible is attempted - just trying is a beneficial exercise.

As you breath in raise your right hand up above your head, palm towards you and fingers pointing upwards. Speak these words:
"In thy hands o ineffable one"

Imagine the infinite ocean of light contracting to form a single sphere directly above your head, and drawing the hand downwards as you exhale imagine the sphere of blinding white light descending. As you touch you fingers to your forehead, between your eyes at the top of your eyebrows, the sphere of light reaches your head and comes to a rest above it, slightly penetrating the crown. At this point you say
"Is"

Imagine a beam of light coming from the bottom of the sphere and travelling down becoming a column of 1-2 inches directly through the centre of your body. Your right hand follows this downwards motion until your fingers are pointing directly between your feet where the light pools to form a second sphere encompassing your feet and ankles and the ground directly beneath you. You say
"The Kingdom"

Move your right hand up to point at or touch your right shoulder; imagine a third sphere of light blazing into existence there as you speak:
"The Power"

As you move your right hand across to point to your left shoulder a beam of light issues from the 3rd sphere and travels through your body to form a 4th sphere of bright light encompassing your left shoulder. You say
"And the Glory"

Bring both hands in front of your chest around the position of your heart; form a cup with your hands with the open side facing your chest and speak:
"For ever and ever"

Finally, focus your attention on the first sphere directly above your head as you allow your arms to drop back loosely to your sides and you say:
"Amen"

The second version, which is used at the end of rituals, and which is not generally used outside this context is largely the same, with only the begginning changed. In this version you begin by cupping your hands in front of your chest. Imagine a bright sphere of light held in your hands and raise them up above your head; as you do so shift your attention to the Ain Soph Aur above your head and say:
"Above my head shines thy glory, o inneffable one"

drop you left hand down to your side and say
"And in thy hands"

From here it continues in precisely the same way as the first version, as you imagine the Ain Soph Aur coalescing to form a sphere above your head.

Once you are familiar with this practice, and have gained some measure of proficiency with the visualisation practices within it you should move on to the 'middle pillar' exercise.

http://www.webofqabalah.com/id24.html

Old 08-15-10   #14
petrus4
Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr cheese View Post
The Kabbalistic Cross

Stand facing east. Allow the body to relax. Feel your awareness expand outward to the Universe, while at the same time feel your feet firmly grounded beneath you maintaining a firm foothold in your Earthly existence. Breathe deeply and fully, and prepare to make your entire body vibrate with the sound of your voice.
I remove my shoes and jacket, and visualise myself standing, feet apart, hands at my side, on a two dimensional flat plane; not on Earth, but at an undetermined point in space. The edges of said plane extend outward in all four directions, unto infinity. (Although I don't usually focus on seeing that for more than around three meters; the idea of infinity is enough)

At my right and at my left, going out to equal distance, I am flanked by spirits from throughout my Universe; those of the dead, ancestors, elementals, and all others. I call to any of benevolent intent who will lend their own energies to what I am about to do.

As Adam Kadmon, born of the four elements, I am Master here. Yet at the same time, I am a child; smaller, younger, weaker than any of the rest of them. My state therefore does not confer the right of brutal demand, from arrogance. Any aid must be besought from love, and reverence; lest they refuse me, as is their sovereign right, and leave me powerless and utterly alone.

Quote:
See, in your mind's eye, a sphere of blazing white brilliance just above your head. Raise the right hand up high and draw down a beam of brilliance from the sphere into the top of your head, filling the entire cranium with light. Touch the forehead and intone "A-toh" (Thine)
I begin to breathe, slowly and deeply, in and out, three or four times. I remember the words of Master Michael, that the key to solar energy lies in the breath. Inhale through the nose to the count of three, hold for the count of three, exhale for the count of three. The light begins to gather. Then...

Inhale. "Aaah Awww Ooom..." Inhale. "Kreeeem." Inhale. "Kaaa-leee-yaaa-eee." Inhale. "Naaa maaa haaah." Inhale.

I begin to feel the familiar itch above the bridge of my nose. Ma comes. My blood stirs. Clenching my fists, veins up, I raise them level with my kidneys. I focus on the feel of thick, heavy black hair on my own back, almost reaching the floor. In my mind's eye, the skin of my arms turns to a dark blue. I snarl; for a few moments, my tongue protrudes, and then sometimes, I make the abhaya mudra; but not always.

A few more moments pass. Then, a quiet request.

"Master Metatron, I once more, humbly beseech your assistance."

In my mind's eye, I change form once again, shrinking down to that of a five year old child. I take a few moments, deeply focusing on the degree of vulnerability that I experience in this form. I am looking out on the Universe, seeking the parental love, without which I will not survive.

"Mother, will you bless me?"

A tiny point of light heads down toward me, like a falling star. Then it explodes, as Master Metatron lends his assistance, into a ball of blue-white light around half a foot above my head, and around the size of an orange. I raise the first two fingers of my right hand, to my forehead, feeling the throbbing created by the sphere, and intone.

"Ahhh...Toooeh." For thine... Mother, this is for you.

Making a grasping motion with my right thumb and forefingers, I slowly pull a portion of the sphere's blue white energy down in front of me. It widens into a two dimensional circle, the diameter of my body, and moves down to my feet, cleansing me as it does so.

An obsidian, volcanic ball, cracking with some seepage of lava, forms under my feet. Picking each foot up, and placing it back down again, I feel myself become firmly connected, and feel the sensation of the curved surface beneath my feet.

"Maaaaal kooooth." ...is the Kingdom...

Moving my right hand back to my forehead, I again pull another portion of the sphere's blue-white energy down to my right shoulder. I envision the salamanders, and silently request that they lend me their energy. A flaming, translucent sphere forms in my mind's eye, around the size of an orange. My shoulder throbs, as my corporeal body registers its' presence.

"Veeee Gebuuuuraaaah." ...the Power...

Reaching back to my forehead, I pull a portion of the blue-white sphere down, for the final time, to my left shoulder. This time, my mind's eye turns to the Undines, as does my request for their assistance. The sphere that forms here is a translucent, light blue; slightly lighter than the colour of the ocean.

"Veeee Geduuuulaaaah." ...and the Glory...

Bringing my hands together in front of my chest, and crossing my palms, I retrace the four spheres. First down to my sternum, Malkuth. Then back to my forehead, Da'at. Then to Chesed; then to Geburah, before bringing them to rest in the centre of my chest.

...Forever, and ever...

"Aaaah Awwww Oooom." Amen.

For me this usually precedes the LBRP, but not always.

Last edited by petrus4; 08-15-10 at 04:22 PM.
petrus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10   #15
mr cheese
Chthonic Dreamer

RJ Stewart's version:

In the name of the Star father
The deep mother
The true Taker
The great giver
and the one being in light (sometimes "we are one being in light")
amen

Living Magical Arts"><font color=Living Magical Arts" /> Living Magical Arts">Living Magical Arts

Advanced Magical Arts"><font color=Advanced Magical Arts" /> Advanced Magical Arts">Advanced Magical Arts

Note....

For the observant you will notice that chesed and gevurah have swapped places (gevurah and gedullah) so that Severity (justice) is on the right and Mercy is on the left.

This is because as we look at the tree we are like a person observing the tree. to place it upon ourselves we must look at it from behind... so that the left becomes right and vice versa.

This si why the tree is "backward" in AE Waite's holy kabbalah diagram

compared to:

Last edited by mr cheese; 08-24-10 at 05:18 PM.