Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Tools and Techniques > Methodology

Methodology This forum is for sharing and discussion of all magical methods and techniques, from basic to advanced. Discussion is not confined to any one path or philosophy but welcomes all takes on the topic.

Old 11-16-13   #91
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Default Re: Blood Magick - Various Methods Of Using Blood In Practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikan View Post
.. As to blooding blades of weapons, well its all very good but they can get lost or stolen over time. I had a knife that I made stolen and used against me energetically many years ago back home. That knife I'd not only made I'd also blooded. I was lucky that a good friend got the knife back and destroyed it at my request. It was then returned to me in bits to do with as I thought best, which I did. ..
Blooding of weapons I think is an iffy area. Figure many people would have a blade commissioned and have part of the blood used in the creation of said blade. It was to give the blade a taste of their blood and keep it from cutting or biting them in usage. Almost ties into the old notion of any blade that is pulled has to be blooded before it is returned to its scabbard less it grow hungry.

Therein might be the difference in that a blade that is created is blooded during creation. A named blade is blooded after proving itself in battle or dance. Then a blade may also be ceremonial named and blooded for ritual / ceremonial usage and tied to the person who will use it. Then I suppose it could be blooded as a ritual or personal item which is still different than the above examples.

For me i'd use option one or two for blooding and binding. Perhaps option three for honoring of the blade and to forge a pairing. Not to me a pairing is a union of spirit but not a binding and blooding. Option four to me is not used that much except in the sense of never allowing a blade to return to its scabbard thirsty.
MonSno_LeeDra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-13   #92
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdragon View Post
some of it is coming back to me. the black blood was supposed to be a replacement for menstrual blood in women who go through menopause . a form of the crone aspect.

possible.

anyway ty for the input.
The closest thing I can think of that matches that is the usage of smegma as a substitute for blood. Not very familiar with its usage as it is found in all women so don't know how it would be different between a young girl and a crone aged woman. Yet it matches menstrual blood in that it is gathered from the vaginal opening and is seen as an excretion from the body of waste materials of a sort.

Not something your likely to have access to easily I'd think.
Old 11-16-13   #93
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice View Post
.. You mentioned stones, and an idea which occurs to me is that you might consecrate a stone in your own blood, and having linked yourself to it you would reap the benefits of its energy without actually needing to carry it.
That always reminds me of the old stories of the hidden heart or the picture of Dorian Grey type thing where something else protects you and takes the damage. You keep it hidden and protected and it protects you to a degree. Yet in some cases it also gives you eternal life in some fashion as long as it is protected.

What's ironic to me is you hear more and more about them today since Harry Potter made so much talk about horecrux's (sp). Unlike Harry's though these are not created by killing something but by removing part of yourself and installing it in something else.

Personally I do not think there are to many alive today that could pull it off but there are lots who would claim it as an ability. Even in the older stories and fables it takes really powerful magics to do it and many times a greater pact with something or someone.
Old 11-16-13   #94
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrus4 View Post
I think the simplest way to sum up this topic in general, is to quote Jim Carrey.

"Blood should stay inside the body. That's just where it's meant to be."

Before you ask, yes, I have experience, kids. Both of my Kali statues have had my blood on the base of them before.
Bolded mine

That brings up another aspect, that of installing or breathing life into ones statue. Some practices demand that blood be given by the adapt in bringing their god / goddess to life and being enshrined or installed into a statuary piece. One of the reason's its so important and demanding to actually do so.

Once alive the statue has to be given proper offerings, libations, dressings, washings and possibly even parading. Consider many of the Catholic practices of the processions of various statues through towns or even more archaic practices which involved processions to the river for instance to bathe the statue.

So the question then becomes one of did you blood your statue or did you enshrine it and bring it to life? What I know to have happened to them suggests you enshrined them then didn't carry through with Kali breaking them to let you know she was displeased but not upset nor demanding restitution at this point in time.

Two different usages of blood with two very different end potentials.
Old 11-16-13   #95
petrus4
Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonSno_LeeDra View Post
So the question then becomes one of did you blood your statue or did you enshrine it and bring it to life? What I know to have happened to them suggests you enshrined them then didn't carry through with Kali breaking them to let you know she was displeased but not upset nor demanding restitution at this point in time.
I admit it; I've never actually done a full murti (statue; or more imbued statue, in that sense) activation ritual before. I had a writeup of one once; it's a very involved procedure. It actually doesn't involve blood, though. None of Ma's modern ritual actually does involve blood; the Kalika Purana is the only one of her scriptures which mentions it, although the Devi Mahatmaya makes a brief mention of it as well.
petrus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-13   #96
Katharine
Priestess of the Unseen

Harry Potter, with the horcruxes, demonized what's actually a pretty sound idea, magically speaking.

Making a link to an object so that it would absorb the effects of a psychic attack would be fairly simple. Now, the more powerful Picture of Dorian Gray spell, I'd love to meet the guy who can do that in this day and age.

That's essentially the concept of a lich (though I think the term is entirely from D&D) but again, it's been unnecessarily demonized.

Hmm, now I am inclined to devise a means of creating a one-way protective link. I'll pick a crystal (or more likely several of them).

May you find what you seek,
Katharine

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."
-Oscar Wilde

"Why, sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast." -Lewis Carroll

Voice In The Dark Blog
Katharine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-13   #97
Bara Mortath

The word lich I believe is probably a derivation of the Old English word lic meaning corpse. (though that doesn't prevent the undead wizard from being a modern fabrication)

It's not particularly hard to set up a poppet or some such to be the preferred target of hostile magic, think voodoo doll in reverse, it draws misfortune and maleficence away rather than channeling it toward. It's not going to give you eternal life or protect you from everything, but it can take some of the sting out. Like a heat sink doesn't prevent a computer from over heating it just lowers the chance. And to make this post on topic you can even use blood to forge the link (though hair and finger/toe nails work too, any personal concerns really).
Bara Mortath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-18   #98
The Troll

I like to be all mysterious and shit while drinking the blood of busty peasant girls in my Dracula cape. BUT THEY SHALL NEVER BE CHANGED TO HAUNT THE NIGHT!!!!!!! NOT WHILE MY NAME IS HEN--- uh, Henry.

Sincerely ,

the Russian bot, aka, the Troll
The Troll is offline   Reply With Quote