Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Spiritual and Religious Pathways > Witchcraft > The Earth Path

The Earth Path for those walking a Path of balance and reverence for the natural world - witchcraft with an ethical core, emphasis on personal gnosis, cultivation of wisdom, and unity of body spirit and mind

Old 06-22-12   #1
DonelleBeira

Default What did you observe?

Observation is critical when walking an Earth Path so this thread is a place for us to post the things we see whether they be simple or profound.

Where did your mind go as you watched? What questions came to mind? Did you learn something from the experience?

"Remember these moments always, but do not ignore the sad times, either. Memory is the greatest of gifts."
Spoken by Aditu, a Sithi (an Elf)
from "To Green Angel Tower II"
by Tad Williams
DonelleBeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-12   #2
DrumWolf
Dark Green Atheist

Default Re: What did you observe?

My observations are often mundane rather than profound (but still interesting). I perform no rituals or invocations, but a regular Earth Path activity I do is hiking around my area.
Walking over rough terrain is fantastic for focusing the mind, as I have to be aware of every footstep in case I mis-judge a loose rock, don't see a rabbit hole or whatever. Because I'm focused on the ground, I get the chance to see all sorts of bugs, beasties and plants and how the communities change as I hike higher. I would be missing all that if I was just striding unobservantly over the land.
DrumWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-12   #3
feranaja

nettles and plantain doing very poorly here this year, well plantago major was awful, lanceolata was good. Valerian, motherwort, mallow and mugwort are HUGE. The tree swallows left early; beautiful mourning dove pair here all the time. The oriole came as he did last year but left early, too. I am blessed with three squirrels to dote on this summer, we normally have none. My waxwings here of course. We see no deer at all since the guy with all the dogs moved in across the field; elder very late blooming.
Ground ivy took over so no prunella, which really sucks, since I plan to work deeply with her this year. But the mullein is fantastic - perhaps we get what we need.

and, it's the strangest weather ever.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-12   #4
DonelleBeira

Spirals and Branches.....

"Remember these moments always, but do not ignore the sad times, either. Memory is the greatest of gifts."
by Tad Williams
Old 06-27-12   #5
DonelleBeira

A lone doe feeding at midnight three nights in a row......

by Tad Williams
Old 06-27-12   #6
Brigidrose
Mermaid

Cardinals and robins splashing in our bird bath...the baby bunnies hopping around and the puppy coyotes trying to howl in the evening for their gathering.

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-12   #7
Brenna

Thistles are getting ready to bloom.
Brenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-12   #8
DonelleBeira

A male Cardinal passing food to a female Cardinal, who flew away with the morsel dangling from her beak.

by Tad Williams
Old 06-28-12   #9
feranaja

incredible harvest of sambucus candensis (elder) more than I can use, overflowing -- but no hypericum (St. John's Wort) no prunella ( All heal) and the roses died back so quickly

freezing cold like late autumn and then hot like today...extremes, unusual

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-12   #10
Brenna

The bees seem to be after the clover lately.
Brenna is offline   Reply With Quote