Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Enchantment > Otherkin

Old 06-29-12   #1
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Exclamation Coming out of the Otherkin Closet: Dolphin-Human

Recently I shared some personal information with Fera about myself as she is helping me, free of charge, just as a good friend in purchasing some herbal treatments and teaching me how to use them properly. After meeting LucidWolf and telling him about myself in more detail, I brought up somethings about being part of the otherkin, but not having posted so far due to fear of ridicule, etc. I was informed that on these forums people are very accepting and respectful, so, here I go... Coming out of the closet as an otherkin...

I am a dolphin human.

Some of you may have noticed that my email and Yahoo chat ID is indigo.child86... "The "indigo" belief actually ended up being an error on my part. I knew something was different and started interacting with indigos. Then I discovered there are rainbows, crystals and other types of "children" or now adults.

Finally I ran across dolphin humans. That is EXACTLY where I fit in. Far before I ever knew such a thing existed, I made a big deal of getting a home one mile or less from the ocean to surf about four years ago. While out surfing, I found myself ditching the board or bringing it out towed to my ankle only as a safety precaution/life preserver. I would go out into the kelp, wrap up in it to hide from the great whites, just as the fish do, and then just bob in the water as my wetsuit is thoroughly buoyant, for an entire day - six hours or so. The regulars (surfers) started poking fun at me by calling me "the mermaid girl." (NOTE: The location I'm referring to is 41st Ave in Capitola which is part of Monterey Bay, California).

At first I had this feeling of "this is where I belong" and would spend so much time out there that I had to start treating my skin for salt water issues. While I was out there, I first began to interact with the animals who were most obvious - otters and sea lions. They would bob all around me and swim with me and once I started bringing handouts, OH BOY, I made some friends quickly.

One day, I saw a group of dolphins and I swam as fast I could. I couldn't keep up so I put my head under the water and started closed mouth screaming at the top of my lungs hoping it would sound similar enough to a dolphin squeal to get them to come investigate me. That, they did. They immediately came my way and I got to interact with them and later a baleen whale. I developed a deep spiritual relationship with the dolphins off of the Monterey Bay Coast. When I moved home to my parents' in Sacramento to help take care of my terminally ill father, I bought a plethora of dolphin oracle cards and mermaid cards and the like. I have one set of dolphin cards that is nearly impossible to interpret if you don't have a close connection to the dolphins. The cards have no descriptions of their meanings and they're all based around dolphin behavior. The woman who created them was a dolphin human too. The shape and design of the dolphin cards were given to the woman through dolphin human interspecies telepathy and the dolphins gifted the woman with them as a way for humans to use the oracular powers of the dolphin mind. Here are examples of what's on the some of the cards, "Deep Dive" "Light Rays" "Synergy" "Secret Equipment" "Nuzzling" "Trance'mission" "Synchronicity" "Sonar" "Telepathy" "Pilot" "Float" "Integration" "Habitat" "Networking" "Faraway Shores" "Harmonics" "Open Channel" "Vision" "High Surf" "Ripples" "Entering New Dimensions" "Entering Higher Dimensions" "Gridwork of Light" "Play" "Laughing Out Loud" "Networking" "Low Surf" "Depths of Silence" "Life Force" "New Light Body" "Celestial Sound" "Nets" "Interspecies Relationships" "Communion" "Close Encounter" "The Food Chain" "Connections" "Undercurrents" "Mirroring" "Essence" "The Pod" "Crystalline Structures" "Rip Tide" "Island" "Beyond Time and Space" plus many more cards. The design the dolphins gave to the author looks like this:

Nancy Clemens actually got terrible reviews on these cards and finally ended up producing a book on their meanings. I was using them far before I knew there was ever a book available and used to spend most of my time on SpiritualForums.com giving "free dolphin readings" to people until I got so overwhelmed with the demand of hundreds of requests that I finally had to give it up for the time being. Note: If you're interested in this deck and I HIGHLY recommend it although if you're not a natural in dolphinic behavior or very educated in marine mammals, you should definitely buy the book to go with it - the deck is called The Dolphin Divination Cards by Nancy Clemens and the book is called A Guide To The Dolphin Divination Cards by Nancy Clemens - all available on Amazon as far as I know.

Here's what the back of the cards look like:

Here's what the cover of the book looks like:

If you like the theme but would like something easier to interpret, Doreen Virtue's Magical Mermaids and Dolphins Oracle Cards (a 44 card deck) is absolutely stunning in the artwork and the ease of interpretation - especially if you're very new to cards. I wouldn't recommend this as a first time deck.

Anyway, I discovered that I am able to immediately understand each of the cards and the more I used them after I moved inland, the closer my spiritual connection to the dolphins began. They are my spirit guides, my and the baleen whale is my totem. In Druidry we have a "power animal" as well but I have not discovered mine yet.

Continuing... I started getting sick while being away from "my pod" as I called it and another dolphin human suggested that I was sick from not getting the proper dolphin human dietary requirements. I had to start taking California kelp supplements and my health improved dramatically. Although I'm not as unconnected to humans as some dolphin humans may be, (some are misdiagnosed as autistic), I still know for absolute sure that I am a dolphin human. I believe however that I have had several human reincarnations though and this is not my first reincarnation since my dolphin days.

An auric reader at a Renaissance Faire did tell me I have an indigo aura but that there was something different about it she couldn't connect to - I believe it was the dolphinic spirit aura. As long as I take my kelp supplements I have energy and I astral travel to the sea, and use my dolphin cards regularly to maintain my relationship with the dolphin pod in Monterey Bay.

I also use larimar regularly as jewelry. It is, "the dolphin stone" and looks like this:

Larimar is created in an underwater volcano in The Dominican Republic and is also the official stone of The Dominican Republic. Many dolphin humans use this stone for the fact that it is said to vibrate on the same Solffegio frequency, including 528 which is the love frequency.

There are a couple other products I use to keep tuned into the dolphins. I keep a dolphin orgone close to me at all times. It was created by another dolphin human and has a small piece of seaweed hidden inside that was gifted to her by her own pod in Southern California. It also has larimar in it as well and looks like this:

Along with the orgone, I use a Dolphin Elixir who's ingredients were also telepathically communicated to the creator of the dolphin orgone for those seeking to enhance their connection to the dolphins, whales, manatees and mermaids.

Fera brought up the point that on the forums here you guys have dealt with some more gifted than thou indigos, which I'm sorry to hear about. As she was saying though about the "I'm so special, I'm an indigo" attitude, well, I eventually had to leave all the indigo forums because I was dealing with it constantly. I don't consider myself more special than anyone else as we all have unique gifts; I just happen to have a human-dolphin spirit. But everyone has special and spiritual unique gifts. For example, I've studied tarot forever but for the life of me it just doesn't click. Yet other people are AMAZINGLY gifted in tarot. I don't consider them to be better than I or less than I. And of course even so with regular gifts - there's nothing more gifted in my opinion than that of a seasoned cello player

So yes, that is my admission and secret, basically. If you tried to tell this sort of thing to most people, they'd think you need a psychiatrist. Also, amongst otherkin boards, there are often competition issues between the indigos, the crystals, the rainbows and the dolphin humans. After dealing with so much negativity I basically clammed up about it, but I'm happy to be able to share it here and would love to hear if there's anyone else out there who's a dolphin human or similarly a whale human or a manatee human (some of the least common) - they are almost completely undocumented, however, ANY person can be a new incarnation into the human race from ANY animal so there are hawk humans, elephant humans, snake humans, etc. I've found that it's best to be careful who you tell about it, but if it's a safe place, spill your beans because you never know who you might meet that's going through the same struggles.

(Animal people often have harder times connecting to people one on one, thus, spend a lot of time online or in solitude, and most need to take a supplement of some sort for their health. I have a Cherokee friend of mine on a reservation who is an Eagle human and he has to take dessicated liver powder created from organic, free range, grass grazing bovine from Argentina).

Hope that gives you all a more in depth picture of me
I collect all sorts of dolphin and mermaid cards even though the ones above are my favorite. I've just ordered Mermaids & Dolphins: And Magical Creatures of the Seas [With 52 Cards for Affirmation & Divination] by Kemp Gillian and can't wait to try out this deck!

Lastly, are there any elemental humans around here on these forums? I've always wanted to talk with someone who recently reincarnated from an elemental being...

May you all be blessed with the inspiration of Awen,

--LoT

P.S. If you don't know what an orgone is, check it out at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orgonite"

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
Hibiscus Moon Crystal Academy Website Alumni Page
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©
CrystalHealingCare@outlook.com
www.CrystalHealingCare.com

Facebook:Facebook.com/CrystalHealingCare
Twitter:Twitter.com/CrystalHCareCCH
Instagram: Instagram.com/CrystalHealingCare

Last edited by LadyOfTheTrees; 04-29-13 at 03:47 AM.
LadyOfTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-12   #2
SunSister
Bog Fairy Fox

Default Re: Coming out of the Otherkin Closet: Dolphin-Human

First of all, thank you so much for being willing to share your story. It's something that is so deeply private and part of you that it would not always be easy to talk about it so publicly. I'd never really heard of dolphin humans before reading your post, although I did meet someone a long time ago whose connection with orca whales went beyond the 'normal' totem bond. I did, however, frequent places devoted to the indigo-crystal-rainbow movement and had pretty much the same experiences you did there.

I have used the same dolphin cards in my work with children before. While I used a variety of cards, none were so loved and opened up to as the dolphin cards were. I worked with children whose feelings of safety, acceptance and self-worth were often down in the dumps. Whenever I used the dolphin cards with them, it felt like they were drawing comfort and strength directly from the cards. I can imagine that dolphin individuals are the same comforting and warm presence as those cards were for the kids I worked with. To me, dolphins represent the heart of the water I have a very strong affinity with. I would say that they are the souls whose care of the ocean is important beyond words.

(And I, too, love larimar. Adore it.)
SunSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-12   #3
Cassie
Lady of the Left

I'll be honest and say I have never totally understood the concept of otherkin although I have met quite a few people who consider themselves as such and found them to be nice and intelligent people. I think it was brave of you to write such a personal post and I hope that in writing it down, it helped you in some way.
I love dolphins and have a great affinity with them.
Perhaps if you choose to write more about your experience as a human/dolphin otherkin in the future it will be enlightening for the rest of us.
Good luck on your journey!
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-12   #4
DonelleBeira

LadyOfTheTrees, like Cassie, I can't say that I understand Otherkin but that doesn't mean I don't accept. There are many things in this world I don't understand (humans among them) yet that does not invalidate those things.

What I do understand is the depth of courage it took for you to make this beautiful post. For that alone, I applaud you. As one who is most comfortable alone, I do understand that aspect fully and know it can open doors into other "worlds".

Thank you for sharing, for opening yourself to us, for shining a bit of light on a topic little understood.

"Remember these moments always, but do not ignore the sad times, either. Memory is the greatest of gifts."
Spoken by Aditu, a Sithi (an Elf)
from "To Green Angel Tower II"
by Tad Williams
DonelleBeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-12   #5
Seraphyna
Resident Polywere

Do you identify as a having been a dolphin or a dolphin mermaid type of being? Just curious.

Anyhow, I'm one of the resident (rather quiet) otherkin on the boards, but I identify as psychologically and neurologically other, not spiritually other. I usually just call myself a polymorph, since I sound more nuts when I list my "forms" so to speak, but here goes. I identify as a large feline cladotherian (meaning I identify with most if not all species of big cats), a gargoyle (think lioness meets dragon), and a black tip reef shark shifter (meaning mershark to true shark).

I can't say I've heard of therians (people who identify as non-human animals) or otherkin in general having to take supplements, though. I'd be curious to hear (read?) why you think it's a non-human connection and not just a human one.

"You do not have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body."-C.S. Lewis
"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun, or the rain."-Blue Oyster Cult
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
Seraphyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12   #6
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

I just noticed the first video is a little out there... I'm not sure I believe 2012 is "the year" of this, that and the other... I personally just think that the Mayans weren't going to sit there making calendars forever and ever and ever and picked 2012 as a good time to stop, lol. But maybe I'm wrong... I guess we'll see. The second video is a conspiracy theory... Some of the footage is real, most of it is not. The bloop is an actual documented piece of audio footage though... I've been researching it for a while. The first site I listed is really the best for information on this subject.

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©

Last edited by LadyOfTheTrees; 04-29-13 at 03:48 AM.
Old 06-30-12   #7
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Question Re: Coming out of the Otherkin Closet: Dolphin-Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSister View Post
First of all, thank you so much for being willing to share your story. It's something that is so deeply private and part of you that it would not always be easy to talk about it so publicly. I'd never really heard of dolphin humans before reading your post, although I did meet someone a long time ago whose connection with orca whales went beyond the 'normal' totem bond. I did, however, frequent places devoted to the indigo-crystal-rainbow movement and had pretty much the same experiences you did there.

I have used the same dolphin cards in my work with children before. While I used a variety of cards, none were so loved and opened up to as the dolphin cards were. I worked with children whose feelings of safety, acceptance and self-worth were often down in the dumps. Whenever I used the dolphin cards with them, it felt like they were drawing comfort and strength directly from the cards. I can imagine that dolphin individuals are the same comforting and warm presence as those cards were for the kids I worked with. To me, dolphins represent the heart of the water I have a very strong affinity with. I would say that they are the souls whose care of the ocean is important beyond words.

(And I, too, love larimar. Adore it.)
I don't know if you noticed, but in Nancy Clemens' introduction to her book, she notes that she was specifically instructed to make the cards circular and able to fit into hands. The shape of the circle itself is really fundamental in both psychology as well as spirituality. Jung referred to it many times, and looking at the patterns of nature, life and death, the directions, the seasons, the shape of the planet, moon and sun, womens' menstrual cycles, etc., the circular shape is something very important as it is the shape that represents repeating cycles. I think the circular shape is what draws the children to the cards because it's something so very important to the human mind and they're just beginning to discover life - shapes and colors are very important in early childhood education. Just a guess though. What do you think?

Crystal Healing Care©

Last edited by LadyOfTheTrees; 04-29-13 at 03:48 AM.
Old 06-30-12   #8
SunSister
Bog Fairy Fox

I think that's a part of the reason why they worked so well, yes, although I think that the gentle nature of the cards helped a lot too. I also think that dolphins represent a sense of purity, freedom and care to children in general. (I remember countless answers of "dolphin" to the question of what their favourite animal was, especially with the girls.)

Whatever the draw of the cards is -- I think the draw of a dolphin-human is exactly the same.
SunSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12   #9
Seraphyna
Resident Polywere

If you care (and if it matters to you) in the otherkin community you'd be a dolphin therian (therians being people who identify with non-human animals either spiritually or psychologically). I'm not sure if I've run into other dolphin people, but I have run into a cetacean or two.

"You do not have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body."-C.S. Lewis
"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun, or the rain."-Blue Oyster Cult
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
Seraphyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12   #10
LarkWahya
Mystic Mouse

welcome to the club! ^_~ youre the first dolphin therian ive ever met, but i feel like it definately resinates with you, so dont ever be afraid to own it even if youre afraid of being ridiculed (haters gonna hate no matter what, and usually its just cuz theyre jealous anyway ^_~)

i love your ring btw, ive been trying to get a piece of larimar for my own collection but havent come across it in any of my travels yet and i hate to order stones online

Do you think amethysts could be the souls of good violets? ~Anne of Green Gables
Green is the primary color of the world
LarkWahya is offline   Reply With Quote