Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Song of the Earth > The Physical Temple > Reiki

Reiki for students, practitioners, interested parties - learn, share, and practise

Old 03-27-10   #1
Falling Star

Default The reiki discussion thread.

Here we can talk about all things pertaining to Reiki.

*We are spiritual beings on a human journey, and not Human beings on a spiritual journey*

*We find the path of wisdom, along the trail of tears*

*Sisterhood of Isis*
Falling Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10   #2
moonbride
I'm just me.

Default Re: The reiki discussion thread.

I was attuned to all three levels of Reiki by my own grandmother... which made it even more special for me. She learned of Reiki after my mother passed away from cancer almost 17 years ago. She felt so helpless after my mother passed away and she wanted to learn to be able to do something to help her family if anything like this were to happen again. She is a very powerful healer now. I think she probably always was.

"That which derives from our native folk tradition springs up like water from the soil,
made alive by the good brown earth and fresh with the breath of herb and tree;
it springs, it sparkles. It vitalizes a man's nature because it puts him in touch with the sun-warmed rain-wet earth
-- his native earth, that his bare feet trod as a child when his soul was open and he still could feel the unseen."
~ Dion Fortune

moonbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbride View Post
I was attuned to all three levels of Reiki by my own grandmother... which made it even more special for me. She learned of Reiki after my mother passed away from cancer almost 17 years ago. She felt so helpless after my mother passed away and she wanted to learn to be able to do something to help her family if anything like this were to happen again. She is a very powerful healer now. I think she probably always was.
Wow that is just awesome. Thanks for sharing it.

(((HGUS)))
Old 03-27-10   #4
moonbride
I'm just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1111 View Post
Wow that is just awesome. Thanks for sharing it.

(((HGUS)))
Thank you
She was able to help me thru cancer myself when I got thyroid cancer 9 years ago. I actually had a really easy time of it and who's to say that it wasn't due to all the Reiki healing my grandmother used on me... and that I used on myself as well...

"That which derives from our native folk tradition springs up like water from the soil,
it springs, it sparkles. It vitalizes a man's nature because it puts him in touch with the sun-warmed rain-wet earth
-- his native earth, that his bare feet trod as a child when his soul was open and he still could feel the unseen."
~ Dion Fortune

Old 03-27-10   #5
Falling Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbride View Post
Thats wonderful Moonbride that your Grandmother taught you, very special!
My own healing pathway was created after my own dear mums death by cancer.
My brother was diagnosed with a brain tumour some five years later, and although i wasn't able to cure him ( his souls evolution), i was able to help with pain.
I was very exhausted after her death, and someone suggested Reiki to me, i loved it, and was then asked if i would like to take attunements, i have never looked back.

*We are spiritual beings on a human journey, and not Human beings on a spiritual journey*

*Sisterhood of Isis*
Old 03-27-10   #6
moonbride
I'm just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling Star View Post
Thats wonderful Moonbride that your Grandmother taught you, very special!
My own healing pathway was created after my own dear mums death by cancer.
My brother was diagnosed with a brain tumour some five years later, and although i wasn't able to cure him ( his souls evolution), i was able to help with pain.
I was very exhausted after her death, and someone suggested Reiki to me, i loved it, and was then asked if i would like to take attunements, i have never looked back.
I think that's exactly why Reiki was suggested to my grandmother by a good friend of hers... she was also exhausted after my mother's death. I'm sure one of the hardest things to ever go through is to be preceded in death by your child. She felt so helpless. Reiki has been a wonderful tool for her and allowing her to feel like she can help her family and boy has she ever helped so many of us since then. I feel very honored to have had it passed down through her.

~ Dion Fortune

Old 03-27-10   #7
Falling Star

And i feel that you will continue to pass on attunements just as your Grandmother did moon bride.
A guide of mine once told me that *pain helps the soul to grow* he was indeed right of course!

*Sisterhood of Isis*
Old 03-27-10   #8
moonbride
I'm just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling Star View Post
And i feel that you will continue to pass on attunements just as your Grandmother did moon bride.
A guide of mine once told me that *pain helps the soul to grow* he was indeed right of course!
And I HAVE passed it on to some special people in my life... and hope to continue to do so.

~ Dion Fortune

Old 03-31-10   #9
Toki Wartooth
Custom Title I Can Has

Has anyone found that the simple "hovering" of one's hand over an area helps? Even without necessarily putting all of one's focus into healing?
Old 03-31-10   #10

All the time.