Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Ritual Magic > Techniques of High Magic

Techniques of High Magic Forum for discussion of the rituals, pathworkings, gradework in general associated with the path of the WMT, with an emphasis on the teachings of the Golden Dawn

Old 06-03-08   #1
Daedralord

Default Charging Sigils

I only recently began experimenting with the more "chaos magic" kind of methods. Usually I would prefer a more ceremonial approach. But I think it is important to expand one's horizons and repertoire now and then. So I recently read Frater U.D's Practical Sigil Magic. The methods of charging seem simple enough I supppose the idea is to get into some "primal state of mind" where one can access the subconsciouss. So something like intense fear or even orgasm, or a near death encounter all these things would suffice to fire a sigil. And then one must put the sigil out of mind.

I feel myself strangely drawn to that Death Posture he describes where one purposefully practices a form of self-suffocation by using the hand to cover the nose, eyes, ears, nostrils and mouth. And then hanging on until near unconsciossness. Putting the mind in a state of distress. There is something about having this life/death power over oneself that seems like a real powerful process. Anyone ever tried it? Consider it can be safely done, without damage?

Another thing that I was wondering about the "Chaos" kind of methods is that it differs from other forms of magic. For instance I always thought that if one does a spell. You should continually add to it. For instance repeat it daily and strongly work towards it. The idea of creating on the astral plane a thoughtform that comes into manifistation. Forgeting the spell just fired seems the opposite of this approach. I have had success both ways though. And I also wonder that forgetting may not simply mean to put it out of mind completely but rather have full confidence in your methods working and having no need to dwell on it? Would that make sense?
Old 06-05-08   #2
Rend Sever

Default Re: Charging Sigils

Go pick yourself up what I call a "death mask". Basically a Russian ant-eater style, full head coverage, gas mask. One that has functional in/out breathing valves, but without a filtration cannister.

Once you put one on, you will understand the stifling, death-like feeling. It's quite uncomfortable and disconnecting, but safe. Picked mine up at a surplus store for $7. Not sure the model, but I'll look when I get home and let you know. SHould be able to find them online for cheap.

EDIT: Russian GP-5 Gasmask.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmpphpMDsdIA.jpg (36.6 KB, 39 views)
Old 06-05-08   #3
Rend Sever

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman777 View Post
baby batter
ROFL @ that.. term. I don't know whether to laugh or gag.
Old 08-04-08   #4
StarFireRhythm

What, you're too far down the throat for them to taste? Zing!

(j/k)
110. Since, in truth, bondage and freedom are relative, these words are only for those terrified with the universe. This universe is a reflection of minds. As you see many suns in water from one sun, so see bondage and liberation.

Addicted to the interweb.
StarFireRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-08   #5
Dionesia La Maga

I wrote an article on this and stuck it on my Web site.

http://www.magitales.com/Sigils.html

I don't do the death posture-- and I frankly don't think that people understand what Spare was talking about when he was describing the death posture.. . No, it is not a good to hold your breath until near black out. You can really hurt your brain and nervous system.

When charging sigils, I naturally move into a kriyavati condition (even if sex involved LOL). What is now happening with that is, the state can intensify into extreme fixity on the sigil. I get a little frozen, my eyes begin to flutter rapidly, I feel mentally fixed or voided, and I feel like I want to pass out but I can pull myself back out of that condition w/o any problem. No breath holding or straining is required. So all this happens, I acheive a kind of clear mind state, I feel perfectly ordinary and normal and distanced from the sigil and its intention, and then I forget about the sigil and go about things. More time needs to pass before I can guage whether I am having success with my sigils.
Old 08-04-08   #6
Dionesia La Maga

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman777 View Post
I usually tend to do it a little more ritually too, sometimes anyway. And of course there are times that I just shoot baby batter at them. To bring them life, of course.
I like that one. Something strangely attractive about Chaote men and their autoeroticism. (Gives me penis envy).
Old 08-04-08   #7
Daedralord

Dionesia, the article looks very interesting. But for some reason I see the text as garbled with one set of text placed over others. Or pictures spaced wrongly over text. Maybe something on my side like browser or resolution settings. Just thought you may want to know.

I never actually did use that death posture technique. I developed a recent liking and more interest in the mantrical spell method. And have had some good results with it.
Old 08-04-08   #8
Daedralord

I also developed a new understanding on my other mentioned issue about "forgetting sigils" vs. spells done repeatedly. I have come to reinterpret this "forgetting" merely as having such confidence in the spell that you need not dwell on it. Like do it and then it is done and you should get on with things. Almost like releasing the desire and intent into the ritual/spell/sigil activation technique confidently knowing your needs are met.

I still have much to learn about this though.