Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Ritual Magic > Techniques of High Magic

Techniques of High Magic Forum for discussion of the rituals, pathworkings, gradework in general associated with the path of the WMT, with an emphasis on the teachings of the Golden Dawn

Old 02-17-09   #1
aedria

Default Pantacle design

I've been charged to create a pantacle synthesizing the number 66, but can not find much reference to the actual creation of a pantacle besides the chapter I found in the "big blue brick". I need some insight and maybe some ideas, not specifically "design this thing for me" but perhaps guide me in the direction of where I can find more reference on how to synthesize a number within a pantacle. My only idea so far has been to put the number 11 around six points of a hexagram, which would symbolize the macrocosm and 66, but not very fancy or inclusive of the microcosm.
Old 02-17-09   #2
LoD

Default Re: Pantacle design

Ave,

Perhaps not quite the thing you meant, but I have designed a fair amount of occult sigils and seals myself... various forms from pentagrams to enneagrams. Would you like my assistance in this? Even if you mean shaping the sigil spiritually, an image created may give the breakthrough... I would have to come up with some ideas, but that should not be a problem.

Just out of curiosity, why the number 66? It seems like an incomplete 666....

Blessings,

LoD
Old 02-17-09   #3
aedria

Please! I could use all of the help I can get.
The number 66 because it is the number assigned to me by my neophyte. I'm not sure the direct significances, I will be exploring them more in depth once I figure out the basic premise of how to design a pantacle. I'm hoping to get some good ideas, but I certainly don't want you to feel like you've got to do all of the legwork. I'm just pretty much stumped on the idea.
Old 02-18-09   #4
LoD

Ave,

Did some digging as the 66 was annoying me... relatively simple numerology in a sense. According to Thelema the number 66 would represent Horus, the eagle... HOOR. Even Allah. Check it out according to the Hebrew spelling and add up the numbers. In my own mind I checked the GD, the Sepher Yetsirah... and couldn't find anything there.

As it were... one can work the numbers as one wants to. To me 66 would be 6 times 6, giving 36. Adding up it gives 9... or even 3 times 6 gives 18... which is 9. This number, 9, being one that always returns to itself... 3 times 9 is 27... 2 plus 7 is nine... 534 times 9 is 4806, add them up you get 18... which is 9. Another way is 6 plus 6 is 12.. which is 3... the Trinity...

Sorry... was I rambling? Anyway... here's the link for you Aedria

http://www.foosthole.net/txts/gematria.pdf

Blessings,

LoD
Old 02-18-09   #5
aedria

Thanks, I'll brainstorm more on this tonight- I'm just kind of hanging out a few minutes here now while dinner is cooking. I appreciate the link too, gives me something concrete to work with- that's awesome!
Old 03-12-09   #6
aedria

Actually I did, I sent it off to my neophyte but I have no idea whether or not it has been accepted. Very simple hexagram with elevens on each point, the cross and circle in the middle, and Nuit, Hadit and Ra-Hoor-Khu around the edges.