Go Back   EarthSong Forums > General Occult > LHP

LHP Left-Hand Path: For discussing traditions that reject conventional religious dogmas and/or practices in favor of techniques or positions that are generally considered 'taboo.'

Old 10-04-10   #11
The Black Elf

Default Re: Immortality

Have you figured out the parts of you which are *immortal* naturally,& how to link with these?

Or are you studying other immortals & taking a few leaves out of their books?if so,which ones?

intent being everything,why seek immortality?

Paradox is your greatest friend in VOID!(echo,echo,echo,echo)TeamPull of mirrors)

When things No Longer seem contrar',discoveringis of t'other ar'!John Barbour(14thc)

With a strong will,patience & hard work,anything can be acheived - Liudmila(Babulja)R.I.P.(10/2/11)Temple of The Star.

That which has never been lost cannot be hidden
The Black Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-10   #12
David_2010

I'd like to live longer (well, I'm only 24 now, so, I've got, hopefully, a long life still!), like to see the next Millennium, or even beyond that, to see what happens in the future of the Earth (although, if something wipes all humans out, and I'm the only one left, that might get boring after the first 100 years or so!!). That said, I'd only want it, if I had youth on my side as well, like no ageing, what's the point in being immortal, if you're still going to be drooling at 200, and just getting worse and worse, and never dying.

That said, I do kind of think it might be possible to achieve it. Apparently, many Daoist/Taoist Mystics and Alchemists (as well as Western Alchemists), as well as Tibetan Buddhists (who developed the Rainbow Body) discovered the way to become immortal, for some it involved transforming into some kind of energy being, for others it might have meant never dying, never growing old, or perhaps transforming into some kind of energy being, as well as being able to take on physical form when you wished. That would be quite cool (there might be evidence that Jesus achieved something similar, I think the Catholic Monk Brother David Steindl-Rast believes the Tibetan Buddhist idea of the Rainbow Body can expand on the experience of what Jesus transformed into.

Hope I didn't get too OT.

BTW, maybe this would also fit in the Alchemy sub-forum?.
David_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-10   #13
Oazaki

My initial quest was personal perfection: at least enough of it to make this lifetime memorable. Is physical immortality technically possible? Damned if I know, but from such investigation into the matter as I've conducted so far (mainly meditations, and contacting other consciousnesses for advice in conjunction with viewing my own mind-body complex) it certainly looks as if it could be.

Once the bridge between sub-atomic physics (where your perception - nay, more than that, your focused will directing things - can influece results) and magick + spiritual practices has been bridged, this might become a common conclusion.

It is not only a question of eliminating influences but of practicing PSI self-defence I would say. After all, this world that we currently live in is designed to age people. This means it is designed to kill them. Who targetted that? How do you defeat them, and re-target the process?

This I suppose is the side of immortality practices which other people and most traditions don't normally consider: it is normally considered to be the case that if you manage to do all the practices and purifications then you will attain. It's the same as if you want to be rich: just 'do all the right moves' and you'll make it. Except... some bunch of people will have made it before you and want to protect their position. So, errors, ommissions and so forth on your part are manufactured or simply occur. Until you defeat them or get their permission, then things change.

At any rate, that side of the coin has to do with logic choice gates (your 'ethical choices in life' kill/age you faster than anything else) the Annunaki and Shambalah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronata View Post

Then again...the Lion's Path...or the quick road to physical Immortality...is a lot of hard work, and maybe far too many lifestyle changes to make it very fun.
Who wants to live that long...if you have to give up everything that makes you happy?
Interesting reference, must admit I haven't really ever looked at western alchemy in detail. Could you provide us with details as to what this consists in?

I used the Chinese system in my work, where all you have to do is work with the five elements, basically, and which moreover is publicly taught by Mantak Chia who references - and so presumably can put you in contact with - his own master, who he credits as being Taoist hermit and immortal White Cloud. The reason for this choice on my part being, mainly, that I want someone else on the planet already doing what I aim to get done, and to be doing so 'publicly and accessibly enough' that said individual has already gotten through other people's objections in mind on the topic for me. That way, detractors may not say "We do not believe it can be done." in a way which is relevant as it has already been done and is, moreover, being maintained. They may say: "Though it is possible, we do not believe you have attained it succesfully." That is a much easier position to accommodate in my own reality, and to defeat swiftly enough without too much effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyhu View Post
You outlive everyone you know and watch everyone you care about die around you.
It is for this reason that I sought a methodology which could be imposed on others against their will, and also against their belief in what is possible. Another way of viewing this is that I wanted a way in which it could be attained which you could share with your close friends and family without requiring them to do lots of work on internal meditation, diet and so forth.

Is it possible to impose things on people against their will? Certainly. Would it make the world a better place if you were able to 'cross-over' some of that karma from its normal domain of application - say rapes, imprisonments and violence/murder - and use it elsewhere? Maybe. But you'd probably get authorisation for the attempt from the Celestial Hierarchy if you wanted to seriously try...

If immortality were to be possible - and I am by no means yet convinced that it is; though that it is not possible does, at this stage, seem a less convincing case to me - then it would of necessity also require the wholesale change of all the biological processes: not just hormones but the rate of fluid replacement, healing, muscle condition, organ function and so forth.

And even then, you would need surgical correction of breakages and accidents to make it truly worthwhile not changing bodies through reincarnation.

I think a good 'First Goal' would be to aim for a productive lifespan for the human race - one that actually makes living with effort worthwhile. I should explain what I mean by that: if you are going to develop your body to a higher degree, and your mind to a high degree, and your sexual prowess to a high degree... then, by the time you've attained all that, it is time to start losing it under current standard ageing conditions for humans. Thus, around 450 years sounds like a good initial target.

Once that is in place I don't know, I may die and start over. Or I may go for the odd 7 000 years or so lifespan myself, personally. But eventually I want to learn how to control my astral projection consciously and take the next step beyond that: choosing a new body and inhabiting it.

all the best,
Oazaki.

My ambition? Restart Temple of Venus as one of the mainstream religions of this planet, bigger than Islam for example.

Closed circuit induction loops: you sow, you reap. Not open to those with no Principles. "Unless you always have the potential within, the Great Function will not appear." -
Yagyū Munenori.

Last edited by Oazaki; 10-05-10 at 05:45 AM.
Oazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-10   #14
Vindictus
Serpent King

As far as the 'all that you loved will die around you' arguement, I've heard that used a lot. I don't beleive it's that bad, for a few reasons- If it's possible for one person to become immortal, it should be possible for others. If your friends die, then make new friends- Perhaps they too shall die, but that doesn't mean you cannot enjoy their company while they are around. And then there's the whole cultivating your family tree thing, which might be fun... ^_^

Has a Workout Blog now.
Vindictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-10   #15
The Black Elf

All things must die Vindictus,following this argument one day even death shall die.

Have you figured the parts of you which are eternal or science would label *billions of years in forming*

your subatomic,sub-liminal,atom/energy structure & energy flow system?

Paradox is your greatest friend in VOID!(echo,echo,echo,echo)TeamPull of mirrors)

When things No Longer seem contrar',discoveringis of t'other ar'!John Barbour(14thc)

With a strong will,patience & hard work,anything can be acheived - Liudmila(Babulja)R.I.P.(10/2/11)Temple of The Star.

That which has never been lost cannot be hidden
The Black Elf is offline   Reply With Quote