Go Back   EarthSong Forums > General Occult > LHP

LHP Left-Hand Path: For discussing traditions that reject conventional religious dogmas and/or practices in favor of techniques or positions that are generally considered 'taboo.'

Old 09-18-11   #1
Goaty Glee
Cosmonaut

Default Lesser, Medial and Greater Black Magic: One interpretation

Here is a great summary of at least one way of understanding Black Magic:

http://markluskin.blogspot.com/2009/...greater-5.html

http://www.lloydkeane.com/-Web Site
North Star Pylon (Canadian Pylon of the Temple of Set)
Goaty Glee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-11   #2
Lightdragon
pagan

Default Re: Lesser, Medial and Greater Black Magic: One interpretation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaty Glee View Post
Here is a great summary of at least one way of understanding Black Magic:

http://markluskin.blogspot.com/2009/...greater-5.html
interesting.

Super-Cool Retired mod type

I did not have sex with this actress Chloe Bennett
Lightdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-11   #3
Goaty Glee
Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdragon View Post
interesting.
Hello Lightdragon,

Is there something specific that you were drawn to or that did not sit well with you?

Old 09-18-11   #4
feranaja

This is not so different from what a grey magician might do, except for we do different forms of magic, the methods are pretty similar, as are the results...no?

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-11   #5
Goaty Glee
Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by feranaja View Post
This is not so different from what a grey magician might do, except for we do different forms of magic, the methods are pretty similar, as are the results...no?
I'm not sure what your definition of "grey" is but I would likely say yes you are absolutely correct. The difference comes down to underlying world view or philosophy of the practitioner. The Temple of Set is not Satanic (in the veneration of the Ego sense) but I would say that perspective at least see the Individual psyche (Soul) as the most important part of Black Magic with Xeper being the guide or goal of the magic. The practices may very well be similar, it comes down to what is considered the core of value. But I'm only speaking from my understanding. Someone from the Order of the Nine Angles or the Church of Satan, for example, will have different views of Black Magic from mine or those of the blog post.

Old 09-18-11   #6
feranaja

Well, Im a bit dopier than usual today so I may not be understanding things here but - I am not at all opposed to workings of a "grey" nature, to help acquire needed things - although I believe for an Initiate in my tradition, things that are needful will come anyway. I use a variety of techniques to achieve my goals, I don't see this as black or white, but I would of course bear in mind the effects of my goal, and my methods of getting it. I know you think this is goofy but my heart always tells me to "harm none". Or do my best to minimize it. If making a lot of money meant shortchanging people for my work, for example, no way would I be interested. In terms of magic overall i have to believe in the Greater Mysteries, that if I am correct in serving the gods, they will provide for me. Sometimes they "provide" a kick in the ass or two, but that's ok. And that, I think is where our worldviews diverge, really.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-11   #7
Goaty Glee
Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by feranaja View Post
Well, Im a bit dopier than usual today so I may not be understanding things here but - I am not at all opposed to workings of a "grey" nature, to help acquire needed things - although I believe for an Initiate in my tradition, things that are needful will come anyway.
No argument here. I would just say "why wait?" and "who/what will provide if not me through my own efforts?"

Quote:
I use a variety of techniques to achieve my goals, I don't see this as black or white, but I would of course bear in mind the effects of my goal, and my methods of getting it.
Agreed, techniques, as I understand it, are not black white or any colour. It's the practitioner's cosmology or outlook that makes it a "colour". But that is not a value call.

Quote:
I know you think this is goofy but my heart always tells me to "harm none". Or do my best to minimize it.
Please, let me be clear, I do not see that is goofy, period. I follow a very strict and difficult ethical code. But as a martial artist and a Black Magician, I will remove what I must and I know you would too.

Quote:
If making a lot of money meant shortchanging people for my work, for example, no way would I be interested.
Did you take this from the blog? Just curious. I'm not sure Magister Luskin is saying that. I've met the man and I know he would never do that. I'm not trying to be argumentative, just want to be clear.

Quote:
In terms of magic overall i have to believe in the Greater Mysteries, that if I am correct in serving the gods, they will provide for me. Sometimes they "provide" a kick in the ass or two, but that's ok. And that, I think is where our worldviews diverge, really.
Ok this is the only (or main) place where we diverge. The gods, should they exist, are part of a system of causality or "natural order". If one goes against causality or the "natural order" sure as shit something will kick you in the ass! lol. However, I'm concerned with stepping past that "natural order" for a wholly unnatural one. But that is a long story lol

One of the reasons I posted the link is to show that practices between Left, Right, Black White or Grey are quite similar. However the fundamental or essential world view will be very different.

Last edited by Goaty Glee; 09-18-11 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Marginally drunk posting while listening to Mercyful Fate is BAD
Old 09-18-11   #8
Lightdragon
pagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaty Glee View Post
Hello Lightdragon,

Is there something specific that you were drawn to or that did not sit well with you?
everything sat well with me. it was the first time i saw something like this on Black Magic.

but i do agree on both you and Fera . in that i do agree that this is similar to gray magic. but i also agree that each system has their own view of what Black magic is.

also it's interesting to see breakdowns like this. as it's easier for me to learn it better. Also for me, learning of the Temple of Set is relatively new to me. about a year or two .

Super-Cool Retired mod type

I did not have sex with this actress Chloe Bennett
Lightdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-11   #9
Goaty Glee
Cosmonaut

Wonderful Lightdragon. Only through questions can we find answers. Wow...that sounds a bit pedantic. lol but I meant it