Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Ritual Magic

Ritual Magic Exploration of ritual magic from the Golden Dawn to the myriad modern offshoots

Old 07-27-09   #1
petrus4
Leaper

Default Paimon's back?!?

This is being put in the RM format because it's about the Goetia, but it really should go in the Chaos section in terms of how it happened.

So earlier this afternoon I was again pondering to myself about summoning Shax; I still haven't made a firm decision about doing it yet.

However, when thinking about that, I had a spur of the moment thought that I'd really like to re-summon Paimon sometime to deal with my housemate's anger problems (binding) as well. I then had the thought that Paimon probably wouldn't want to deal with me again, given how I'd treated him last time, and wondered how I'd get around that.

Note that I did NOT intend to try and actually summon him at this point, at all!!

Anywayz, as I'm thinking this, a second later I'm amazed to start getting a strong sense of presence in the centre of the floor here, as well as clear mental (mental only, nothing physical) imagery of a grey robed male figure. I saw a painting of Paimon somewhere before, and remembered the gold headdress, and the visual I was getting included that.

Anyway, quickly regaining my composure, I told him what I wanted; my housemate bound but not harmed, and specifically his temper to be bound. I then had the thought of what I would give him in payment for this, and immediately responded mentally with, "Nothing. You are bound to obey me by the Solomonic covenant, and you will obey me on that basis."

The figure bowed, and then vanished. (I actually also had a visual of something like smoke going up, but again, mental only)

I had a lingering sense of presence for several minutes after, so I gave License to Depart and quickly did the LBRP before my housemate came back. (It's only a one room place, and my housemate was out at the time)

This could be complete bullshit, just over-imagination on my part, but I will say that my housemate has been as docile as a lamb all evening, and I usually have problems with him yelling at me at times, which prompted me to want to bind his temper in the first place.

So like I said, either this is garbage and I'm deluded, or a Goetic King has decided that I have him on call.

While assuming the former explanation is the correct one, you can bet your life I'm hoping for the latter. Paimon's abilities could come in very useful at times if he has decided to be friendly.
petrus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-09   #2
aedria

Default Re: Paimon's back?!?

You made a magical link with Paimon when you summoned him the first time. You will have no trouble summoning him again anytime you will- and sometimes when you don't.
That is the way it works, most of the time.
Old 07-27-09   #3
petrus4
Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedria View Post
You made a magical link with Paimon when you summoned him the first time. You will have no trouble summoning him again anytime you will- and sometimes when you don't.
That is the way it works, most of the time.
Is that a good thing, or a bad one?

Also, is such a link breakable? Let me guess...no?
Old 07-27-09   #4
petrus4
Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman View Post
Very true. IF you notice, even in the verbatim conjurations and License to Depart in the text of the Goetia, you order the spirit to be ever ready to come quickly whenever you call. Sometimes they may stop in to visit.
I think the main thing that freaked me out was actually the fact that he seemed so obedient this time, when I told you how he tested me the first time. Although he did still ask what was in it for him, I noticed.
Old 07-27-09   #5
aedria

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrus4 View Post
Is that a good thing, or a bad one?

Also, is such a link breakable? Let me guess...no?

Most of the time no. There are ways to license them to depart forever, but do you really want that? You'd have to do a full evocation again and tell him he has done well and you will need his service no longer. Then you should immortalize his sigil somehow in the metal attributable to him.

Or keep him around. That's what I'd do It shouldn't become a problem unless you yourself get obsessed.
Old 07-27-09   #6
petrus4
Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedria View Post
Most of the time no. There are ways to license them to depart forever, but do you really want that? You'd have to do a full evocation again and tell him he has done well and you will need his service no longer.
LOL. A full evocation; you obviously didn't read about my evocation of him the first time. I didn't exactly do things by the book.

Quote:
Or keep him around. That's what I'd do
As long as he remembers who Master is, I don't mind.

I might need to look him back up and refresh my memory of his other abilities, however; as I've already said, methinks a tame Goetic might potentially come in very useful.
Old 07-27-09   #7
aedria

Quote:
LOL. A full evocation; you obviously didn't read about my evocation of him the first time. I didn't exactly do things by the book.

As long as he remembers who Master is, I don't mind.

I might need to look him back up and refresh my memory of his other abilities, however; as I've already said, methinks a tame Goetic might potentially come in very useful.
No, don't know if I read it or if I didn't. So much stuff going on in life!

I've had some good results in summoning outside of the book. It's good for beginners to have the full evocation experience particularly for the symbolism and the protection- but magick is magick and it is never in the box- even when it comes to evocation!

Good luck with your pet. Sounds like he likes you
Old 07-28-09   #8
petrus4
Leaper

I've thought about this some more, aedria, and the reason why I might consider getting rid of him for keeps later on at some point is because, to be honest, his energy is truly foul.

I felt as sick a dog for close to four hours after the first time I evoked him, and with the more recent subsequent returns, although the nausea hasn't come back, he still feels seriously icky. Not only from the grimoire description, but also from what I'm seeing here, Paimon is a Daemon with a capital D; and one of the sayings my father used to quote a lot is that you primarily become like the books you read and the people you associate with. Given that, I have to wonder, do I really want a daemon in Dante's sense of the word hanging around me, developmentally speaking?

Anyhoo...

Earlier today, before a meeting I had to go to about getting a new place. I decided to try calling him again.

"Paimon, I don't want you to bind anyone *specific,* but I'd like this meeting to go very smoothly today."

"Yes, Master." (Either my interpretation of his replies is some sort of megalomaniacal teenage fantasy, or he's really getting into it himself. )

"You're licensed to depart. Take your energy with you when you leave this time, please."

(An awkward pause)

"Yes, Master." There was then some more mental wheedling about wanting a reward of some type for what I was wanting him to do, which caused me to become a little frustrated.

"I'll tell you what. Do what I ask, and I won't torture your sigil or condemn you to the Abyss. Is that good enough for you?"

"Yes, Master." The sense of presence then left.

The meeting went well, even though I was 15 minutes late. Later that night, my housemate and I had a fairly heated argument, where he said some offensive things, but he didn't get angry again as such, compared to how he'd been in the past. So a few minutes after that...

"Paimon, I'd like you to bind any desire on Stewart's part to instigate conflict." I was feeling annoyed with him as well because I felt as though he had only done the bare minimum that he had to, in order to fulfill what I had said.

"You didn't stipulate that last night."

"I'm stipulating it now. I want both anger, and any desire to cause conflict. Do it."

There was no r)eply, but things with my housemate have been peaceful since.

I feel like he pushes the envelope a bit. As I said, he doesn't do more than the absolute bare minimum required to fulfill the letter of what I ask.

I also wish he'd stop begging. Part of me feels as though I should be a little nicer to him perhaps, but I'm truthfully not inclined to feel particularly kindly towards demons. I'm worried that if I do give him something, he will feel as though he has something over me. I also really feel as though I don't need to give him anything; that he obeys me because of the Solomonic covenant, (I did draw the seal of Solomon when I first summoned him) and so I shouldn't need to offer to him for simply doing what he is supposed to.

Last edited by petrus4; 07-28-09 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-05-12   #9
RagingHundred

I am new to this demon summoning, i am wondering how you can summon this King Paimon. I want to acknolwedge his philosophies & answer some questions about the mind & the world.
RagingHundred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-12   #10
VibeVoid

Quote:
This is being put in the RM format because it's about the Goetia, but it really should go in the Chaos section in terms of how it happened.

So earlier this afternoon I was again pondering to myself about summoning Shax; I still haven't made a firm decision about doing it yet.

However, when thinking about that, I had a spur of the moment thought that I'd really like to re-summon Paimon sometime to deal with my housemate's anger problems (binding) as well. I then had the thought that Paimon probably wouldn't want to deal with me again, given how I'd treated him last time, and wondered how I'd get around that.

Note that I did NOT intend to try and actually summon him at this point, at all!!

Anywayz, as I'm thinking this, a second later I'm amazed to start getting a strong sense of presence in the centre of the floor here, as well as clear mental (mental only, nothing physical) imagery of a grey robed male figure. I saw a painting of Paimon somewhere before, and remembered the gold headdress, and the visual I was getting included that.

Anyway, quickly regaining my composure, I told him what I wanted; my housemate bound but not harmed, and specifically his temper to be bound. I then had the thought of what I would give him in payment for this, and immediately responded mentally with, "Nothing. You are bound to obey me by the Solomonic covenant, and you will obey me on that basis."

The figure bowed, and then vanished. (I actually also had a visual of something like smoke going up, but again, mental only)

I had a lingering sense of presence for several minutes after, so I gave License to Depart and quickly did the LBRP before my housemate came back. (It's only a one room place, and my housemate was out at the time)

This could be complete bullshit, just over-imagination on my part, but I will say that my housemate has been as docile as a lamb all evening, and I usually have problems with him yelling at me at times, which prompted me to want to bind his temper in the first place.

So like I said, either this is garbage and I'm deluded, or a Goetic King has decided that I have him on call.

While assuming the former explanation is the correct one, you can bet your life I'm hoping for the latter. Paimon's abilities could come in very useful at times if he has decided to be friendly.
i find the act of summoning/conjuring to be a very fascinating subject, not necessarily the ritualized precedure but the realisation of manifestation within the accidental or intentional act itself. im curious were you sitting near or in the corner of the room when the form manifested itself within the middle?
VibeVoid is offline   Reply With Quote