Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Ritual Magic

Ritual Magic Exploration of ritual magic from the Golden Dawn to the myriad modern offshoots

Old 10-28-08   #1
aedria

Default Painting Enochian Tablets

I've just acquired some unfinished Enochian tablets, they are cedar and beautiful (Lon Milo endorsed....). They've been sprayed with kilz .
Here's a pic:

I'm thinking about how to paint them as beautiful as I can and thought maybe my friends here could offer suggestions. I'm not even sure what kind of paint would do best on cedar!
Thanks in advance. There are more of these tablets available too, cheap, if anyone is interested.

Suggestions Please! Thanks!
Old 11-06-08   #2
aedria

Default Re: Painting Enochian Tablets

We've consecrated the spirit tablet so far, but my husband and I both are chomping at the bit to paint our respective tablets. At this point, though, we're not even sure where we're going to live after the 13th (our house which we were "renting to own" has been lost by the owner of the note in foreclosure) neither of us is sure NOW is the right time to paint them.

At this point, we're thinking about doing them in the flashing colors, enochian lettering, with the background of the largest part of the tablet in the colors of the cloths of passage appropriate for each. Someone suggested using stencils for the lettering, but I'm not sure at this point since I'm not adept at the lettering yet.

When it's all done, I'll have to post pictures again. I'm just really not sure about what kind of paints to use.
Old 11-17-08   #3
IlluminatedSun

I would paint them with enamel mixed with linseed oil. The linseed will give it a nice shine and make the colors stick out better.
IlluminatedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-08   #4
aedria

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatedSun View Post
I would paint them with enamel mixed with linseed oil. The linseed will give it a nice shine and make the colors stick out better.
Thank you. That is something I hadn't thought of, and I think it's perfect. That is what I will do.
Old 11-17-08   #5
IlluminatedSun

Thumbs up Re: Painting Enochian Tablets

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedria View Post
I've just acquired some unfinished Enochian tablets, they are cedar and beautiful (Lon Milo endorsed....). They've been sprayed with kilz .
Here's a pic:

I'm thinking about how to paint them as beautiful as I can and thought maybe my friends here could offer suggestions. I'm not even sure what kind of paint would do best on cedar!
Thanks in advance. There are more of these tablets available too, cheap, if anyone is interested.

Suggestions Please! Thanks!
__________________________________________________ ____________

From whom and how much?
IlluminatedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-08   #6
aedria

They're available from an OTO Brother, here in Oklahoma City, OK. I will ask his permission to give you his email or myspace.
They're cheap, under $100 for the complete set. They're heavy, done with a computerized lathe. Pine.
Old 02-17-09   #7
aedria

no but I can give you his myspace where you can contact him.