Go Back   EarthSong Forums > General Occult > LHP

LHP Left-Hand Path: For discussing traditions that reject conventional religious dogmas and/or practices in favor of techniques or positions that are generally considered 'taboo.'

Old 02-22-15   #11
Bartmanhomer

Default Re: Using Satan For Help

Ok! So my ethics are way over the top sometimes.
Bartmanhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-15   #12
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
Ok! So my ethics are way over the top sometimes.
Didn't say that BartmanHomer, I said the potential to have a deeper discussion is contained in a lot of your posts.

Ethics wise I can't say higher or lower as some aspects I agree with other aspects not so much so. Myself I'd not waste time worrying about something like Beiber much less ponder calling upon some force to hurt his career. That to me is not the height of over the top ethics and would actually cause me to question your ethics and priorities.
Old 02-23-15   #13
Bartmanhomer

Oh, I see, I should have get into more thought for this topic.
Old 02-23-15   #14
feranaja

That's a good start....never a downside to careful consideration of one's actions.

I spoke very plainly to you because honestly, I expect better from you. There are two things wrong in my opinion, and the first is, indeed,a question of ethics.
I believe there is a spectrum of right and wrong, good and evil, and while many things are relative or open to interpretation, some are not. Cursing someone because they irritate or even offend you is really juvenile and wrongful. No doubt there are lessons for you in that process, but it's been my experience that those who feel justified in casual cursing never really understand how much they are harming themself.In any case, if you pay attention to things like ethics, it's wrong to harm someone on such a personal and subjective basis.
Second, it is most likely to harm YOU more than it does him.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-15   #15
Bartmanhomer

I wasn't cursing him. I was praying for Satan for something bad for him to happen. But that backfire.
Old 02-23-15   #16
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Oh, I see, I should have get into more thought for this topic.
I agree with Fera, it's always a good start to really ponder and consider our actions and reactions. One of the reason we always say sleep on it and see how it looks in the morning I believe. Yet I also have to warn that to much pondering can be just as deadly in that it promotes inaction at times.

I admit in the heat of anger or the moment it's often a quick response to wish ill to befall someone who angers us or hurts us in some way. Doesn't make it right but it is part of our psychology. That seems to be both human nature and probably a hold over from our own animalistic nature. I swear sometimes I think that people forget while we are supposed to be more evolved we are still nothing more than animals ourselves in the natural order of things.

While I may not place my ethical boundaries at the same location as Fera for each situation I do agree with her. Some are open to exploration and debate, others not so much so. Yet there is great truth in the old song lyric .."We always hurt the ones we love" Figure the greatest love I think we can have is for our self then it makes it easier to really care for others and both empathize and sympathize with them.
Old 02-23-15   #17
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
I wasn't cursing him. I was praying for Satan for something bad for him to happen. But that backfire.
I'd have to error on the side of saying while you didn't want to place the curse yourself asking Satan to do something was still a form of cursing. Cursing because you wanted something to happen as a from of retribution or justice for some perceived sense of wrong doing on your part.

But that goes into another string of though regarding Hex's, Curses, and other forms of malicious workings. Though for me this example falls closer to a Hex than a curse.
Old 02-23-15   #18
Bartmanhomer

Oh really? D'oh! But Satanist do pray for Satan for evil purpose, right?
Old 02-23-15   #19
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Quote:
Oh really? D'oh! But Satanist do pray for Satan for evil purpose, right?
Honestly I can't in good faith answer that BartmanHomer as there are to many flavors of Satanism today. Some may do as your suggesting here, others hold the name but have no connection to the Biblical Satan figure or what it implies. Still other's might be true Christian Satan followers who use a Catholic Priest who is ordained to hold a Black mass.

As for evil purpose, what's evil to one may not be evil to another. I pray to Hekate and Artemis for things for my own purpose. Some could see that as evil if the only way to fulfill my desire is to take from another or punish them in some form to grant my desire. Is one who prays to Kali evil because of the prevailing notion of what or who Kali is? Does that then make it an evil purpose upon those who do pray to her?

The only way I can see Satan and any purpose calling upon him as evil is if I first believe in God in a Christian perspective. Then the theology of my spirituality would dictate he is evil and those who call upon him there for must also be evil.

Totally ignoring the question of is Satan a person or a title? A number of people i've spoken to argue a pretty good debate that its a title and not a person. Which then reopens the idea of divinity status and such. Perhaps even the question of ethical perspective and good and bad outside of a Christian dogma perspective.

Myself I do not claim Christianity as my spirituality so do not cling to those precepts of who or what Satan is.
Old 02-24-15   #20
KatieD

Are you really using Satan or just looking for a reaction?
KatieD is offline   Reply With Quote