Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Spiritual and Religious Pathways > The Sacred Grove

The Sacred Grove A forum for discussing Druidry, in all its many expressions and forms

Old 12-04-17   #31
feranaja

Default Re: Where is everyone at with their studies?

Much of the course was material I too was very familiar with - but in connecting with the current and working "as if" it's all new, we gain much. I'm almost done the first two of Mara's courses - I sacrificed that work for years to get through all the herbal study I've done - and I can honestly say I think it's one of the best put-together programs I've seen.

Whether the actual focus is right for you, that should reveal itself as you go.

http://mallowandwhitepine.wordpress.com/
plants, spirit, medicine - my Earthwalker blog

"We're in a time of ethical and intellectual corruption. Study the spiritual traditions, live with excellence, resist insanity."
Thomas Moore
feranaja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-17   #32
WolfyJames

When I decided Wicca was my path, some thought it was probably because I watched Charmed (true) and wanted to do spells and magick, but it's not my case. I was attracted to Wicca for the spirituality, for the Lord and Lady, for the Mysteries, the connection to the earth, and in my coven celtic shamanism was also quite fun to do. The thing in Wicca I always feel is that you cannot be Wiccan and NOT do spells. I'm not saying I've never done any spells, but that generally I don't do spells, but I felt pressure in my coven that we're Witches and we should do Witchy stuff like spells.

Now that my coven is over, I've been focusing more on the Bardic OBOD course, and I don't feel any pressure to make spells with them for now. I'd like that to take Mara Freeman's courses as well at some point.
In step with cloven hooves.............................Growing in harmony with the Earth,
And the forest song… ......................................As Her children,
.................................................. .................Protective of your Mother…
WolfyJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-18   #33
October

I'm still on my same path, but it's taken a back seat while I'm trying to get my life in order. My home life is not the best for me, and certain members have a huge pull on my time and attention, and other things take precedence. But I can see a light at the end of the tunnel where it will all change and I'll be able to make time for myself again. I am still very active in the local pagan community still, however.

MAKE IT FOR ME, MAGICAL POT WITH SKILLS I DON'T POSSESS
October is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-18   #34
feranaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by October View Post
I'm still on my same path, but it's taken a back seat while I'm trying to get my life in order. My home life is not the best for me, and certain members have a huge pull on my time and attention, and other things take precedence. But I can see a light at the end of the tunnel where it will all change and I'll be able to make time for myself again. I am still very active in the local pagan community still, however.

We always have to attend to the stuff of life - I maintained my regular practise - am and pm prayers, meditation, nature contacts, shrine keeping, small solar and lunar rituals.But the herb studies and then my MOVE, took time from mara's courses, which \I am finally finishing. I'm going back to OBOD once I'm done, so maybe by the time I'm, you know,90, I can call myself Druid without cringeing just a little, that I still have so far to go.

I hope things settle down for you as well. It's all part of the process....

"We're in a time of ethical and intellectual corruption. Study the spiritual traditions, live with excellence, resist insanity."
Thomas Moore
Old 05-15-18   #35
Brigidrose
Mermaid

I have fallen off the wagon with the last section of Mara's course. The arch angels. The first two lessons are very powerful, but since I let too much time pass I will start over.

I am going to make another bough so I will go back to the beginning lessons to refresh that. I miss it very much.

There is not a pagan community I am aware of, but there might be one. I just don't know if I would fit in with a group. I have a friend that I am trying to get to take Mara's class, but she just likes to dabble.

I have become a bit of a snob after Mara's course and will not share anything that I have learned.

I feel better on my own actually.

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-18   #36
feranaja

I think what has happened to you is, you're not so much a "snob" as discerning and discriminating. And those are two pillars of The Work, after all. I would love a Druid/Pagan community to meet with on feast days, to do that sort of work with, but my Avalonian magic always has been and always will be private and personal...or, let's say, aspects of it.

That said, I did decide to start wearing my ring and necklace outside of temple. I do sometimes regret, building this beautiful sacred space, and having no one to share it with...no one in the material world, anyway. When I found my amethyst glass antique scrying bowl on etsy, my first thought was "Oh wait till Rosie sees this!" Sometimes it's fun to share, and if discreetly done and not in a boastful way, I think that's ok.

I'll be painting my temple this summer, it just feels weird in there without my pearly blue walls. I'd love to do a constellation scene on the ceiling, too!

I hope you get back to the third course soon. I'm going to wrap up 1 and 2 this summer if it's the last thing I ever do....I hope it won't be!!

Thomas Moore
Old 05-16-18   #37
Brigidrose
Mermaid

I wear mine too. I bought a couple of rings that I found to look like the items that were given me in the vision journeys. I love when that happens.

I have moved my altar and most of my items in a room downstairs. It originally was made into a library my husband made book shelves on every wall. Then it became a guest bedroom for my parents, and now my ritual room.

I'm still cleaning it up from when my husband used it as his office/study, mostly a mess.

Before that I used the bedroom, it was fine, but I always liked the room downstairs.

Now, I think because my life has settled a bit, and being back on the forum has sparked me into wanting to practice more.

Its funny how the smallest diversion can turn into years.

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-18   #38
feranaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigidrose View Post
I wear mine too. I bought a couple of rings that I found to look like the items that were given me in the vision journeys. I love when that happens.
I actually had to look and look for the stone I was given, but when I found them - wow. I didn't really know much about the stone itself (rutilated quartz) but when I began researching it, what an amazingly powerful stone for me. I love when those synchronicities occur too.

Quote:
I have moved my altar and most of my items in a room downstairs. It originally was made into a library my husband made book shelves on every wall. Then it became a guest bedroom for my parents, and now my ritual room.

I'm still cleaning it up from when my husband used it as his office/study, mostly a mess.

Before that I used the bedroom, it was fine, but I always liked the room downstairs.

Now, I think because my life has settled a bit, and being back on the forum has sparked me into wanting to practice more.

Good! I still struggle to make time for dailies, but I find if I just sort of carve it in stone, like walking Danny/feeding animals (cannot -miss things) then it's easier. If I wait till I *feel like it* I can find myself at 9 pm, worn right out and trying to force myself. AM for dailies, and ritual nights, The Thing takes over with dogs. Period full stop.

Quote:
Its funny how the smallest diversion can turn into years.
Oh God - tell me about it. I made the tool from Lesson 8/Sacred Magic, after months of consternation about finding materials, FINALLY made it but didn't paint it. Then I went to paint it and it broke. I did all the other work and this one thing held me back. Perfectionism is not my friend - and as you say, there goes the time.

All that said - good to be back!

Thomas Moore