Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Ritual Magic > Techniques of High Magic

Techniques of High Magic Forum for discussion of the rituals, pathworkings, gradework in general associated with the path of the WMT, with an emphasis on the teachings of the Golden Dawn

Old 07-22-08   #1
Dionesia La Maga

Default Moon mirror magic

OK. I'm at work. I don't have any work to do (having done all of it yesterday) and the boredom is killing me, so I am going to tell you about my next experimental working. (BTW, I'm thinking of naming my acoustic sigil the Acoustic Lux Clarus Chakra Smasher -- or something like that)

I intend to gaze into a small round mirror daily for the remainder of the waning moon and make clay forms of some relevant sigils that I am already working with, I will activate the sigils shortly after the new moon and then place them in such a way that they will be reflected in the mirror so that my "reflection" and the sigil purpose will be fixated on each other and integrated.
Old 07-22-08   #2
Rend Sever

Default Re: Moon mirror magic

This is a very strange approach, but you have piqued my interest.

What will you do with the clay sigils afterwards?
Old 07-23-08   #3
Dionesia La Maga

Yeah. Chaotes are like that.
The idea came to me after I thought up another ritual as an assignment for a course I've been doing work in for a few years now (the course is based on the work of Gareth Knight, and I haven't learned a damned thing about real ceremonial magic through it. I'm poised to delve into Thelema but only from a philosophical/academic standpoint). This other working will be more like a meditation and has parallels to medieval alchemical meditations.

As for the working described, the functional meaning, the process, and what happens with the props will reveal themselves in time over the course of the next month. In my starting out with it, I expect that the mirror will be worked into a power object and the sigils may not be necessary although I had been wanting to make 3-dimensional forms of some of my sigils.
Old 08-11-08   #4
Dionesia La Maga

Thought I'd give an update on my mirror working. I intended on gazing at my mirror for a moon cycle, but I did get tired of it and stopped a few days ago, nevertheless, I think I did activate the mirror. I place it in view of some representation of something I want to keep in my consciousness and I think I can also use it as second site. I haven't used it for scrying although Carroll gives instructions in Liber Null about how to do this.
Today I was having trouble with some clothing that I had to reach behind me to fix. I couldn't and then imagined that I was looking in my mirror to see it, and then I immediately fix the thing. I thing I have to strengthen the mirror or I will probably have to strengthen it from time to time, but I think I made a magic mirror.
Old 08-11-08   #5
StarFireRhythm

This sounds Bad ass! (in a good way.) I'm going to do some mirror scrying with a HP friend of mine friday ... maybe i'm going to try the clay thing after the ritual itself is complete.
110. Since, in truth, bondage and freedom are relative, these words are only for those terrified with the universe. This universe is a reflection of minds. As you see many suns in water from one sun, so see bondage and liberation.

Addicted to the interweb.
StarFireRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08   #6
Dionesia La Maga

I made my clay sigils but I haven't done anything with them yet or used them with the mirror. The 2 projects became... 2 different projects. The clay sigils (they're polymer baking "clay" actually, not real earth clay) are sigils that represent the higher elements to me and also aspects of what I now regard as an Aeogoiedes --and HGA.

I'm going to try to do more work with the mirror. Good Work with your Work.
Old 08-12-08   #7
Echo

A black mirror can produce some startling results if you simply gaze into it and then 'step' through it. you can buy them, or simply smudge the back of a plain glass bowl with soot, or paint it black.

try a convex black mirror too, if you can, it seems to enhance the effect.
Old 09-08-08   #8
Bluefirephoenix

I have one spirit I work with that has a three dimensional sigil which I fashioned out of polymer clay. The polymer stuff works nicely for work because it doesn't harden until you bake it. It comes in night bright colors.
Bluefirephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote