Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Ritual Magic > Techniques of High Magic

Techniques of High Magic Forum for discussion of the rituals, pathworkings, gradework in general associated with the path of the WMT, with an emphasis on the teachings of the Golden Dawn

Old 05-15-09   #1
aedria

Default What defines K & C?

I have been thinking a lot about Knowledge and Conversation with the Holy Guardian Angel. What defines Knowledge and Conversation? Do people truly have physical manifestation of the HGA? What experiences with the HGA, or Spirit Guide, or whatever you may call it do my friends have? Is it necessarily "communication" with an entity that is more substantial and I guess "separate" ?
Old 05-16-09   #2
aedria

Default Re: What defines K & C?

What I'm wondering is about the subjective experience. I have heard a lot of people have the Christian experience of the "still small voice" and still don't consider it to be knowledge and conversation.
Hitman, from your perspective, what IS knowledge and conversation? What would you consider that AHA! Type of moment?
Old 05-16-09   #3
aedria

When I started back on this path, my HGA SCREAMED at me. Like a hawk clawing at the back of my head, relentlessly pecking, yelling "LISTEN LISTEN!". I was very oppressed by it until I conceded.
My husband told me that I needed to banish, and I had no idea how. I had to learn, but when I banished finally He didn't go away.
I've heard the notion from others that their HGA is the same gender as they are. Mine is not. Mine is male.
I've also heard others describe SEEING their HGA. I do, sometimes, as a flash of light. The notion of seeing a facet of my being on the outside of me confuses me. I'm not sure if I'm striving for the right thing, trying to get Him to show himself to me, in a full manifestation anyway.
The times I've felt the closest to K&C, it was not that He was manifesting on the outside of me, it was as if He were merging with me, that I was becoming WHOLE.

What do others experience from their spirit guides? A conversation in their head where thoughts arise but you know you're not thinking them? That silly phenomena of "talking to yourself, but also answering yourself".

I'm trying to define something that I am hoping other occultists can relate to. Am I deluding myself?
Old 05-24-09   #4
Angelina
Daughter of Eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedria View Post
What I'm wondering is about the subjective experience. I have heard a lot of people have the Christian experience of the "still small voice" and still don't consider it to be knowledge and conversation.
I have had the "still small voice" experience many times but whatever I "hear" must not contradict the principles of the Higher Power who guides my life or I do not consider it a special message from the Spirit. It may be a OK thing, don't get me wrong, I think we humans are equipped through our conscience to know right from wrong in our own lives if we are honest with ourselves.
When I get a revelation, like the other day, it is more or less like a mountain-top experience, the "AHA, of course" thing that should be so obvious and isn't always. I find that when I really need divine guidance or knowledge it is usually given to me, sometimes even before I ask for it. And only if something really major that my life experience and hard-earned wisdom cannot possibly be adequalte for, is in the works, that I should be prepared for or need to understand. I have never experienced the spirit world wasting their precious time just conversing with me. I would consider that to be pretty special if that were the case. Ang
Angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-09   #5
feranaja

My "girls" just talk to me. It doesn't have to make sense. It's all about choices anyway, and love. Understood differently.

Aedria :do you think the HGA parallels the Self figure in Jungian thought? I think GG sees it that way.

I've had only a few "conversations" with Self, and she takes many guises. BUt then again perhaps this is just Sophia, and SHE speaks all the time.
Man...I confused myself there.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-09   #6
Angelina
Daughter of Eve

[quote=serafina;35447]I've had only a few "conversations" with Self, and she takes many guises. BUt then again perhaps this is just Sophia, and SHE speaks all the time.
quote]

I "converse with Self constantly it seems - I have only considered that a conversation with my own inner voice? Sounds like you consider it spirit Sophia, have I got that right? It certainly is, if not audible, understandable. And not always something I like to hear either
Angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-09   #7
feranaja

As above, so below.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-09   #8
ManTimeForgot

As above so below... Are we really a microcosm of our reality, and how to know this? There do seem to be some parallels if we look deep into quantum reality, but I am not quite able to rationally understand all that quantum reality entails (am still learning).

However, Jung is something I have read and his concept of "Self" and "higher/inner" Self were something he attributed more to the formative basis for Psyche. All humans share basic similarity in genetics, learning methods (reward and punishment, imitation, etc), and self-awareness; self-awareness being the fundamental building block of introspection. The Self by Jung might be considered to be an extension of the soul, but not one and the same.

Speaking with my "inner self" is something I do fairly often, but it is all metaphorical/personified representation of my "inner truths." It does not involve communicating with anything outside the self; no entities. You might think of it more like the hermetic daimon. But as a reflection of "who you really are" your answers will not always be as you "intend" (or rather they will be exactly as you intend, but won't always correspond 1-1 with your desires). I.E. If you are a consummate deceiver, then the answers you receive from your inner self will often have a double-meaning (one obvious and wrong & one intended but not at all obvious).

MTF
ManTimeForgot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10   #9
Rainnelor

[quote=Angelina;35467]
Quote:
Originally Posted by serafina View Post
I've had only a few "conversations" with Self, and she takes many guises. BUt then again perhaps this is just Sophia, and SHE speaks all the time.
quote]

I "converse with Self constantly it seems - I have only considered that a conversation with my own inner voice? Sounds like you consider it spirit Sophia, have I got that right? It certainly is, if not audible, understandable. And not always something I like to hear either

I am with you there! I have spent my entire life in what seems to be an ongoing 'conversation' with myself and I know that it is not just the same thing as 'thinking' because I DO hear things that I ONE-don't expect to hear and TWO-sommetimes really don't want to hear. It has only been recently that I fully realized that the AHA things that come to me are not just suddenly 'there' but that they are either PUT there by an outside force or they are coming 'up' from my own consciousness at the 'right' time.
Rainnelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10   #10
Rainnelor

Oh....and because I am new here....I 'became' clairaudient several years ago and now am able to speak with the spirits of the dead and some minor entities. I have no connection to magick but find it fascinating and not at all difficult to 'receive' as reality and truth. I think that what I believed to be 'conversing with myself' was something of a harbinger of my eventual ability to actually converse ALOUD with those not in physical form.
Rainnelor is offline   Reply With Quote