Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Magical Systems and Practises > Ritual Magic > Techniques of High Magic

Techniques of High Magic Forum for discussion of the rituals, pathworkings, gradework in general associated with the path of the WMT, with an emphasis on the teachings of the Golden Dawn

Old 08-04-08   #1
aedria

Default Charging sigils with boobie juice

Okay, it's been up here awhile and I haven't got an answer....

Maybe I should reword the question.

On the subject of charging sigils, I have been using my milk for that purpose for a while but can not for the life of me find any literature about the possible magickal qualities of this living and life giving substance. It is a living substance, not dead, and stays alive for quite a good period of time. It is life giving, sustaining, and restoring. It has medicinal properties of being an antibiotic, has anti-cancer properties, anti-bacterial and anti viral properties.

I've heard a myth regarding the milk of the goddess begetting the stars, but I'm not sure what it is or who or the whole story.

I'd appreciate any insights, or anything else of that sort.

Last edited by aedria; 08-04-08 at 08:18 PM. Reason: rewording my entire post in vain hopes someone would know the answer!!!!!
Old 08-05-08   #2
Raven43

Default Re: Charging sigils- trying not to hijack

Could the Goddess myth be something from a Native American legend? Maybe something involving creation of the Milky Way Galaxy?
Old 08-05-08   #3
Raven43

Okay, came up with something different. There is an Egyptian myth describing the Milky Way as a pool of cow's milk.

A Greek myth has Zeus allowing infant Hercules to suckle from Hera as she sleeps. Hera's milk contributes to Hercules god-like qualities. When Hera awakens and realizes she is feeding a strange child, she pushes him away. Her milk squirts into the sky creating the Milky Way.
Old 08-06-08   #4
aedria

Thank you for the study leads my dark feathered friend!
Old 08-06-08   #5
Raven43

Youre welcome! I had to help you find answers so I can ask a question.

How are sigils created? If you want to represent 3 ideas/things, do you choose a symbol for each & then design a single sigil using all 3 symbols together?
Old 08-06-08   #6
Daedralord

Sorry Aedria, it felt a bit odd to reply to your original question being male and all. I could not honestly relate to using breast milk for charging sigils. But I can imagine it should have tremendous power and it should be closely symbolically linked to Mother Goddesses. So I can see how it can have life-giving and sustaining qualities. Perhaps like feeding or weaning a spirit or a sigil. It would be a very symbolically powerful thing to do.

As for the actual charging of a sigil I would think you will need to go into that altered state of gnosis somehow that place from where one is supposed to fire sigils. Like orgasm or other forms of trance. Perhaps it would make sense to use the breast milk in some context along with other methods, like a life giving mother "feeding" her new child. Perhaps make a mantrical spell (my favorite sigil method), which you can chant along with a actual drawn sigil. And use the breast milk as a life giving act in a state of trance induced chanting.

Can't believe I actually tried giving you advice on this. Hope it was not completely retarded.
Old 08-06-08   #7
Daedralord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven43 View Post
Youre welcome! I had to help you find answers so I can ask a question.

How are sigils created? If you want to represent 3 ideas/things, do you choose a symbol for each & then design a single sigil using all 3 symbols together?
Sorry to interrupt. Raven that is actually one method of sigil charging a pictorial method. For instance you can create a pictorial sigil of your intent and charge "fire" it in an altered state of mind. For instance showing a bound figure with the persons initials for a binding. Some sigils are rather derived from letters from a statement of intent. And combining the letters into a sigil or you can make up a magically sounding mantra you like. Look into Frater U.D's Practical Sigil Magic. I found it very clear and helpful as an intro.
Old 08-06-08   #8
aedria

The way I learned to create a sigil is by writing my intent on a piece of paper, eliminating each repeating letter and taking the remaining letters and making a pretty design with them. By the time I'm done, I can't read what it said anymore. I believe this is the Spare method of sigil making. I found a website that explains it better - http://www.simoniff.com/sigils/sigils.html)
Formulation of The Desire
Precisely write out the intent / desire for the sigil. Be careful, specific, and selective. Cosmic forces can have a twisted sense of humour.

Example: I DESIRE THE LOVE OF A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN (not the best example

Construction of The Sigil
Use uppercase letters in the formulation of the sigil. Remove all letters that are repeated. Leaving only one character from each of the used alphabets.

Example: I D S R E T H L O V F A B U W M N

From the remainig elements create a sigil. Use each letter incorporating the lines, curves and nuances. Refine it. Create it with concentration. But do not spend too much time consciously working on it. The resulting sigil should be one that you find appealling both on aesthetic and astral levels. Simple is always good. (it's also easier to visualize)

Examples based on the above:

Charging of The Sigil
Activating or energizing of the sigil must occur at a special time — when a gateway to the subconscious is open. The "magickal time" is any moment when the whole of the being is convulsed by emotional or elemental forces (vacuity). Such as during sexual orgasm, physical fatique, boredom, euphoria, and any other altered state. At such a moment concentrate on the sigil, and visualize it as glowing brighter and brighter, and then shooting off into the void of deep space. Crucial: Do not think of the intent or desire of the sigil at this time. It is best to have forgotten why you even constructed the sigil. (see below)

Relinquish It
The sigil must be banished along with its intent. It must be completely forgotten — the sentence, the intent, and the glyph. The faster you forget about it the more effective the operation will be. "Conscious desire is unattractive." You did your part, now let the sigil do its. Move on to other things. This requires a high degree of confidence in the sigilization process. Do not 'lust for result'. Let it happen on its own — and then it will. But if the desire recurs, do not dwell on it.

.'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'..'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'.

Austin Spare wrote: "All desire, whether for Pleasure, Knowledge or Power, that cannot find natural expression, can by Sigils and their formulae find fulfillment from the subconscious."

It must be stated that it is not in the sigil that the power resides, this is merely the vehicle of the desire, but in the intensity with which it is dispatched into the void at the 'magickal moment'.

.'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'..'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'. .'.

Additional Notes and Suggestions

Facilitate forgetfulness by constructing a number of sigils with different intentions. Set the sigils aside. In a few days or weeks charge them — now having consciously forgotten what they were for. note: The subconscious will always remember the sigils intent. Concecrate the sigil with the Elixer, if such is the rite. Then physically destroy the sigils afterwards.

If working with a partner, draw the sigil on some part of their body. At the moment of Gnosis, gaze at the glyph.

The artistic qualtiy of the sigil is irrelevant. Draw it on paper, parchment, a small stone, cigarette paper, a piece of wood, etc.

Begin your desire with a positive statement, such as: I DESIRE or IT IS MY WILL TO, etc.

Use all the remaing letters of your desire for the sigil. Theoritcally, they should all in some way be represented within the glyph.

Simplify the design: an "E" can be rediscovered as a M or W, for instance.

Pretty is not necessarily better. A rough or even primitive look is Atavisticly seductive to the subconscious. Trust your intuition.

Don't be too vague or too specific in your desire. At least set a date for the reification. Example: I DESIRE THE LOVE OF A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN BY THIS SUMMER If success is not achieved by then, you can reformulate your desire and the sigil.

Place a border around the completed sigil. The sigil will be enhanced with the powers of a mandala or astral target, which has deep psychological significance to the unconscious.
Example:
Decorate the lines of the sigil with some triangles or circles for that magickal touch.

Most important is that you created the sigil by yourself.

There are other methods that I am not completely familiar with- this one has served me quite well for many years.

Last edited by aedria; 08-06-08 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-06-08   #9
aedria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedralord View Post
As for the actual charging of a sigil I would think you will need to go into that altered state of gnosis somehow that place from where one is supposed to fire sigils. Like orgasm or other forms of trance.
It is quite a state of ecstasy that I do go into when using this for my charging. In order to make the milk flow, I have to stimulate my mind to make oxytocin- which is also consquently one of the hormones that are related to the female orgasm. Otherwise, I'd be squeezing and pinching and that's no fun