Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Song of the Earth > The Physical Temple > Reiki

Reiki for students, practitioners, interested parties - learn, share, and practise

Old 08-20-10   #1
inkdreamer
Queen of Hearts

Question Kriya can heal the entire human race

I found that explanation at http://www.trainingreiki.com/reiki-karuna-symbols.php

I highly doubt it or the entire human race would be healed already. What are your thoughts on this?

Also I find that even doing the symbols correctly did not get rid of my health problems. So I am frustrated and disappointed in Reiki. If it doesn't work for me why should I continue? Someone told me that I have a Reiki guide but I do not feel very guided at all.

Perhaps there is a better healing system out there for me. Any suggestions?
inkdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10   #2
SunSister
Bog Fairy Fox

Default Re: Kriya can heal the entire human race

Hmm.. I don't work with Reiki myself, but I find that healing often interacts with the state of the mind's energy. If your mind is only focused on results, it forces the stream of healing energy to go places it doesn't necessarily have to go. One of my teachers in healing practices told me that I was only the fantastic best-he'd-ever-seen-at-work healer when I didn't set my mind to being that. I can only truly devote myself to the art of healing when I don't stop and think about what I'm doing. My mind can halt the process and flow of the energy to the point where it no longer connects itself to the body. Frustration and disappointment are things I have no space for when I am truly intent on making the healing happen. They are roadblocks for the energy flow.

I figure that the Reiki symbols are a way of focusing the energy Reiki practitioners use in healing onto a particular sort of thing. The symbols are not the things that can heal something, but the intent behind every stroke of the symbols is. I cannot heal anyone or anything when I am too locked up in my own head and constantly feel like I'm missing something. It's why I have to clear my mind completely and clean/protect my own energy from outside influences before I even start the healing process.

The art of healing is something that comes from a perfectly still mind, with the hands and senses like sight being the tools of the healer, and that's when the healer is guided to be the guide to the healing energy. We, as healers, are the embodiment of such things like the Reiki symbols when we are truly at work. It takes practice, practice, practice and hard work for that sort of devotion to come to fruition.
SunSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10   #3
Luna

Have you taken a Reiki course?
Been attuned to the Universal energies?
Can you draw on those energies and channel them by using the sigils?

Yes, there are several systems that work in similar ways to Reiki, but any of them will be most beneficial if you do some study and lots of practice.
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10   #4
petrus4
Leaper

Everything I've heard about Reiki says it's effective. I've been curious about it, and Adamantea has mentioned that it is something which might be worth me looking into.

The downside is that it's very cagey and beaurecratic. They say you have to do certified courses, (which are usually horrifically expensive) you have to get specifically attuned, and you always, always, ALWAYS have to have the permission of whoever you're going to try and work on, even with distance reiki. It's not like say prayer for instance, where if someone is sick, supposedly you can pray for them without adverse ethical consequences.

So I may not be able to study it myself, simply because I likely won't be able to afford it.
petrus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10   #5
Luna

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrus4 View Post
Everything I've heard about Reiki says it's effective. I've been curious about it, and Adamantea has mentioned that it is something which might be worth me looking into.

The downside is that it's very cagey and beaurecratic. They say you have to do certified courses, (which are usually horrifically expensive) you have to get specifically attuned, and you always, always, ALWAYS have to have the permission of whoever you're going to try and work on, even with distance reiki. It's not like say prayer for instance, where if someone is sick, supposedly you can pray for them without adverse ethical consequences.

So I may not be able to study it myself, simply because I likely won't be able to afford it.
There are many people who have ethical issues with prayers being said for people without their knowledge or permission.

First level Reiki lessons and attunements are often around $100, which may seem expensive to someone with very little free money, but to someone else it may be pocket change.

There are Reiki teachers who offer lessons cheaply, in barter, or even free.

What I was taught is that it is possible for your inner spirit to contact the inner spirit of the other person and ask for permission to send healing energies - especially in situations where the other person is unconscious or something else prevents making contact normally.

What I often do if I can't ask the other person is to send the healing energies with the proviso that if the person I'm sending to doesn't accept those energies, they will return to the Universe to be used in some other way.
Old 08-21-10   #6
inkdreamer
Queen of Hearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna View Post
Have you taken a Reiki course?
Been attuned to the Universal energies?
Can you draw on those energies and channel them by using the sigils?

Yes, there are several systems that work in similar ways to Reiki, but any of them will be most beneficial if you do some study and lots of practice.
Luna, Sorry, that I was not more clear. Yes, I did take a Reiki 1 course and got the certificate about 6 years ago. The only reason that I know when it was is because I found my certificate. I have memory problems. The course was only 4 hours. Yes I was given the attunement. At that time I had memorized the 4 symbols and used them daily. Never felt the energy although my hands would become hot. There was no tingling or sense of connection.

SunSister, yes I know to direct the energy to the person, not where you think they need healing. If my mind is still --it is not long before I am asleep without the feeling of completion.

At one point I had the symbols memorized and used them nightly. As I do have the memory problem I would now have to use the flash cards again (I drew them up) just to remember to include them.
inkdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-10   #7
Nacken

People treat reiki symbols as if they were new toys to play with. Reiki is a big business. This is essentially just the equivalent of the new model car or computer coming out. The symbols are about making money rather than being another new tool.
Nacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-10   #8
Luna

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkdreamer View Post
Luna, Sorry, that I was not more clear. Yes, I did take a Reiki 1 course and got the certificate about 6 years ago. The only reason that I know when it was is because I found my certificate. I have memory problems. The course was only 4 hours. Yes I was given the attunement. At that time I had memorized the 4 symbols and used them daily. Never felt the energy although my hands would become hot. There was no tingling or sense of connection.

SunSister, yes I know to direct the energy to the person, not where you think they need healing. If my mind is still --it is not long before I am asleep without the feeling of completion.

At one point I had the symbols memorized and used them nightly. As I do have the memory problem I would now have to use the flash cards again (I drew them up) just to remember to include them.
I was never interested in memorizing the symbols or using them. Perhaps that's because I was already doing energy healing before I took the Reiki class.

It would be interesting to do a poll asking how people perceive the energies. I know I've read of others who mainly feel their hands getting very warm, or have had clients report that their hands felt very warm. I don't always feel an actual tingling myself, sometimes it feels like the muscles are tensing. I was actually doing some work yesterday, holding my hands out in front of me and visualizing the energy flowing into my fingertips and filling my hands as an experiment, different than I usually do, was very focused ... and I noticed that each time when I would finish my three cleansing breaths the energy would start flowing. The only thing I was doing was taking those cleansing breaths, but with my background I've been trained to do three of them before starting my work, whatever I'm doing. Subconsciously I opened myself to the energy at that point?