Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Everyday Life > Gender and Identity > Mars Forum

Mars Forum for topics specifically related to men's issues

Old 10-13-10   #21
petrus4
Leaper

Default Re: Men, have you been injured in fights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuadu_of_Kildare View Post
I know people dont like fighting and its immature etc... but men fight thats reality.
I think it's your part of the world, to a large degree. I fought at high school, but I haven't since, and the only reason why I fought there was to get certain people off my back, who wouldn't leave me alone via any other means. I never enjoyed it. My character in World of Warcraft was admittedly extremely violent, in terms of personality, but I think that is why I allowed myself to express such there, to the extent that it could be via that medium; because doing it in a game meant that nobody really got hurt by it.

I knew a guy at high school who was a brawler because he enjoyed it, and he probably was when he was older, as well. He reminded me of Popeye, in some ways. Decent guy, in the same sort of way, but just that type of personality.

His name? Adrian Murphy.

Last edited by petrus4; 10-13-10 at 05:09 AM.
petrus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-10   #22
The Black Elf

broken nose a few times, No facial scars although have been sore & bruised all over.

Luckily my mum sent me to school in a white t shirt saying *DO NOT PIERCE*.

At my dad's school there was a big fight every day involving hundreds of boys,occasionaly they would all group together to fight another school for even bigger fights.On that basis my schooling was very quiet and things are improving,as my 10 year old has only been involved in one real fight which was for all the right reasons(gulp)

always remember,you have prove to have used up EVERY avenue of escape before you can legally kill someone.

What happened to your shin Nuada,that sure sounds painfuil!

Upon reflection I have narrowly evaded assault by pointy-stabby things on a few occasions & never used one......used to own a couple of nice butterfly knives until my wee sister *accidently*put them in the trash one day.

How did you get so many wounds Nuada?wtf is the other guy like?Alex Reid?heh heh

In my 3rd re-match with the undisputed heavyweight champion of Dennistoun at the time,I nearly killed him but for the timely intervention of a friend for which I am still very grateful,and we are all still buddies.

Paradox is your greatest friend in VOID!(echo,echo,echo,echo)TeamPull of mirrors)

When things No Longer seem contrar',discoveringis of t'other ar'!John Barbour(14thc)

With a strong will,patience & hard work,anything can be acheived - Liudmila(Babulja)R.I.P.(10/2/11)Temple of The Star.

That which has never been lost cannot be hidden

Last edited by The Black Elf; 10-13-10 at 09:17 AM.
The Black Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-10   #23
Nuadu_of_Kildare

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Elf View Post
always remember,you have prove to have used up EVERY avenue of escape before you can legally kill someone.
Here youre ok if youre outnumbered and can say you were fighting for your life. Or if they walk into your home. Its precident based off the case of an elderly farmer who shot a traveller in self defense. You used to have to drag a burgler out the door if you caught him so he couldnt sue you.

Quote:
What happened to your shin Nuada,that sure sounds painfuil!
I tried to block a bar with my right leg thinkin I was van damme and it fractured my shin in 2 places. I was rolling on the ground like a stooge after that one. My main problem was not confronting things before they escalated, trying to ignore the elephant in the room doesnt avoid fights it just makes things worse.

Quote:
In my 3rd re-match with the undisputed heavyweight champion of Dennistoun at the time,I nearly killed him but for the timely intervention of a friend for which I am still very grateful,and we are all still buddies.
Haha the heavyweight champ of Dennistoun! class. The near escapes are worse then the injuries I think anyway. Ive lost some movement through injuries but the close calls that couldve landed me in jail chill me more.
Nuadu_of_Kildare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-10   #24
Lord Ruthven
Pater Exemptus

I myself have a slight scar on my right arm from a swordfight.
A small dent in my left arm from when a friend shoved a cocktail stick through it (my own fault, I told him to and he was going insane throughan iron deficiency so he did it).
A lightning-shaped scar on my forehead from when I headbutted a mirror for looking at me funny (yes, I was sozzled). First one to make a Harry Potter crack gets perma-banned. Seriously.

My one and only adult-life brawl happened like this though:

Myself and a friend were walking through town, he with his girlfriend and me with a friend of hers I'd gotten friendly with. This guy who knew both the girls we were with walks up and punches my friend in the face. My friend reels back, bleeding from the lip.

The moron then turns to me. I am quite drunk and when he punches me in the face (to no effect) it takes me a while to realise that someone has dared to actually physically assault me. Odd, I think to myself, normally people don't do that. Then, seeing his punch has had no effect, the idiot headbutts me.

Again, this has no physical effect except this time my brain has caught up and I'm pissed off. So I looked him in the eye and said, "Do you know who you're messing with?"

He backed off and so ended my only drunken brawl. Yes, I beat my opponent without even throwing a punch and despite having blocked every blow (harmlessly) with my face.

"For the meek shall inherit absolutely nothing at all, if you stopped being so feeble you could have so much more" - Pulp 'The Day After The Revolution'
Lord Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-10   #25
Nacken

Lol Luckily he just hit you in the head. He could have damaged something important.
Nacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-10   #26
The Black Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuadu_of_Kildare View Post
Here youre ok if youre outnumbered and can say you were fighting for your life. Or if they walk into your home. Its precident based off the case of an elderly farmer who shot a traveller in self defense. You used to have to drag a burgler out the door if you caught him so he couldnt sue you.

I tried to block a bar with my right leg thinkin I was van damme and it fractured my shin in 2 places. I was rolling on the ground like a stooge after that one. My main problem was not confronting things before they escalated, trying to ignore the elephant in the room doesnt avoid fights it just makes things worse.

Haha the heavyweight champ of Dennistoun! class. The near escapes are worse then the injuries I think anyway. Ive lost some movement through injuries but the close calls that couldve landed me in jail chill me more.
LOL,obviously I never picked the first 2 fights (youch) or the 3rd either.The big guy worked at a sawmill & would happily *handball* a couple of artics full of wood if the forklift broke down.He was worth his weight in beer as he is still undefeated at armwrestling(either arm) so there was always free beer from the young team who would be pumping iron all week to take him on.

Every Sunday,no matter the weather,the lads would always meet up for a game of football,a good gossip about the weekend fights,beers,birds & sport....a few bruises & scrapes were like a badge of honour as you nursed your sore head & bruised ribs & had a good old moan*my leather jacket still has the hole where the knife pierced it,the arm was ripped off of my shirt & I lost all the buttons. lol

Your Broken shin is maybe the worst injury I've ever heard of except drugs turf gang warfare? were you a *top boy*status or something?

Worst night I remember was getting involved 2 fights on my way to a party,then getting in a big fight after the party against 9 guys(a solo ).Maybe also my biggest victory(even in defeat).

Football violence was the craziest.One moment you are walking to a match minding yer own,then some idiot smashes a rival supporters bus window........Next thing there are a hundred guys rolling around the street in a pitched battle.

Who did yer leg bro?

Paradox is your greatest friend in VOID!(echo,echo,echo,echo)TeamPull of mirrors)

When things No Longer seem contrar',discoveringis of t'other ar'!John Barbour(14thc)

With a strong will,patience & hard work,anything can be acheived - Liudmila(Babulja)R.I.P.(10/2/11)Temple of The Star.

That which has never been lost cannot be hidden

Last edited by The Black Elf; 10-14-10 at 08:59 AM.
The Black Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-10   #27
Lord Ruthven
Pater Exemptus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacken View Post
Lol Luckily he just hit you in the head. He could have damaged something important.
I do have a notoriously solid skull.

"For the meek shall inherit absolutely nothing at all, if you stopped being so feeble you could have so much more" - Pulp 'The Day After The Revolution'
Lord Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10   #28
Oazaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ruthven View Post

Again, this has no physical effect except this time my brain has caught up and I'm pissed off. So I looked him in the eye and said, "Do you know who you're messing with?"
Yes, this is something I have felt emanating from you even at the distance of 'over the web'. Good to see it could pierce even a drunken, enraged stupor...

My ambition? Restart Temple of Venus as one of the mainstream religions of this planet, bigger than Islam for example.

Closed circuit induction loops: you sow, you reap. Not open to those with no Principles. "Unless you always have the potential within, the Great Function will not appear." -
Yagyū Munenori.

Oazaki is offline   Reply With Quote