Go Back   EarthSong Forums > OffTopic > The Newcomer Canteen

The Newcomer Canteen New to Earthsong Forums? Don't know where to start? Meet up here with others who may feel the same way. Meet other new members and interact with the regular one's. Forge new bonds of friendship and become part of our little Earthsong Forums family.

Old 04-20-14   #1
BigAl
Eclectic

Default How Remiss of me...

... don't think I introduced myself properly...

I've been searching ever since I remember. Born in the middle of nowhere, I spent the first 18years of my life immersed in nature, working marginal farmland and becoming a bit of a sheep geek on the way. (Embarrassed to say that the CV of a younger me had a couple of lines on the subject - confused the hell out of every interviewer I had... )

A minor spiritual experience around the age of 13 had me devour the bible. When that didn't make sense, I devoured it again... and after 20 years of chewing, I finally got some sense of the esoteric truths embedded therein, and still haven't really grasped the full import of these hidden gems barely imagined by the religions who share that good book.

I've always tinkered around with crystals. They kind of complemented my interest in earth energies, and were pretty useful when dowsing for such. Had never really contemplated, or considered, their "healing" use. Then I had a brain heamorrhage.

During the recovery stage, I found myself at a loose end, and a local crystal shop was running a course which I felt might be interesting. Half expecting some scientific offering, I was disappointed to spend that first day listening to some rather unscientific theories about crystal structure, colour therapy and such. I'd all but made up my mind to not turn up the next weekend when we were asked to sit with our hand outstretched and our eyes closed.

"What does this feel like?" asked the tutor, dropping a stone into each palm in turn. I sat bolt upright, opened my eyes and started to look around on the floor. The stone had gone clean through my hand... only, once my eyes were open, there it sat, a lump of ruby that continued to burn like hell...

I turned up the next weekend! (But still don't like handling ruby for too long!)

Crystals filled my every spare moment for the following 4 years. Then the shaman happened. After 2 years intensive training, I'm currently running around the aethers in various guises trying to get to grips with the whole crazy idea that there is more to the universe than any of us can ever understand.

Each of us can only know our smallest part of that vast tapestry. Hopefully, and with a good tail wind, we can get the colours right, the knots tight and the whole will be better for our part in its creation.

Meanwhile... I'm still learning how to thread a needle!
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-14   #2
David_2010

Default Re: How Remiss of me...

Good to learn more about you, BigAl .
David_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-14   #3
Brigidrose
Mermaid

Great intro

~ The reason nothing can truly ever make sense is that it is all fluid. ~
~ To manifest abundance, follow your hearts desire ~

Brigidrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14   #4
DrumWolf
Dark Green Atheist

Hey BigAl, good to (finally) formally meet you!
DrumWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-18   #5
The Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumWolf View Post
Hey BigAl, good to (finally) formally meet you!
What the hell is a drumwolf?

Sincerely ,

the Russian bot, aka, the Troll
The Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-18   #6
DrumWolf
Dark Green Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Troll View Post
What the hell is a drumwolf?
I am a DrumWolf. And don't ever, ever forget it.
DrumWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-18   #7
satanubis

Welcome to the forum!

Reading is Love | The Diary of an Egyptian Witch | I Love My Books
satanubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-18   #8
The Troll

Well that was verbose. Somebody thinks highly of themselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
... don't think I introduced myself properly...

I've been searching ever since I remember. Born in the middle of nowhere, I spent the first 18years of my life immersed in nature, working marginal farmland and becoming a bit of a sheep geek on the way. (Embarrassed to say that the CV of a younger me had a couple of lines on the subject - confused the hell out of every interviewer I had... )

A minor spiritual experience around the age of 13 had me devour the bible. When that didn't make sense, I devoured it again... and after 20 years of chewing, I finally got some sense of the esoteric truths embedded therein, and still haven't really grasped the full import of these hidden gems barely imagined by the religions who share that good book.

I've always tinkered around with crystals. They kind of complemented my interest in earth energies, and were pretty useful when dowsing for such. Had never really contemplated, or considered, their "healing" use. Then I had a brain heamorrhage.

During the recovery stage, I found myself at a loose end, and a local crystal shop was running a course which I felt might be interesting. Half expecting some scientific offering, I was disappointed to spend that first day listening to some rather unscientific theories about crystal structure, colour therapy and such. I'd all but made up my mind to not turn up the next weekend when we were asked to sit with our hand outstretched and our eyes closed.

"What does this feel like?" asked the tutor, dropping a stone into each palm in turn. I sat bolt upright, opened my eyes and started to look around on the floor. The stone had gone clean through my hand... only, once my eyes were open, there it sat, a lump of ruby that continued to burn like hell...

I turned up the next weekend! (But still don't like handling ruby for too long!)

Crystals filled my every spare moment for the following 4 years. Then the shaman happened. After 2 years intensive training, I'm currently running around the aethers in various guises trying to get to grips with the whole crazy idea that there is more to the universe than any of us can ever understand.

Each of us can only know our smallest part of that vast tapestry. Hopefully, and with a good tail wind, we can get the colours right, the knots tight and the whole will be better for our part in its creation.

Meanwhile... I'm still learning how to thread a needle!

Sincerely ,

the Russian bot, aka, the Troll
The Troll is offline   Reply With Quote