Go Back   EarthSong Forums > The Arts > Film and Theatre

Film and Theatre For discussion on film of all genres, theatre, all performing arts.

Old 05-01-18   #1
Bartmanhomer

Default Avengers: Infinity War

WARNING: Adult Content
I saw Avengers: Infinity War on Saturday and these are my thoughts on the movie. There was so much action and excitement during the movie. Thanks wants to collect all the stones to fit his Infinity Gauntlet. So it was an epic battle and the Avengers lost against Thanos and Thanks collect all the stones which I really dislike
Plus that most heroes and people dissolved by the effects of the Soul Stone. The ending was horrible. A clogged up toilet bowl can write a much better ending than this but other than that it was a good movie. I'll rate this four out of five stars.
Bartmanhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-18   #2
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

Default Re: Avengers: Infinity War

I don't know it pretty well followed the comic series. If it continues to follow the comic series then you have a pretty good guess as to what Avengers 4 will be about and the continuation of the Thanos story line conclusion.

What will be interesting will be to see if they bring in Captain Marvel ie Carol Danvers (her emblem is the symbol Nick Fury dials in the Credit trailer) and if they follow the story line and use Thanos other surviving daughter, Nebula, as a major influence to set things correct. In the comics Nebula actually gets the gauntlet and undoes everything Thanos did to the time lines. Though I do not remember if she brings Gamora back to life.

I enjoyed the movie though. Fast pace for the most part and kept you hanging on. The end sort of sucked but was needed though and given the story arc though was anticipated. Even the characters who were lost was sort of "expected" if you look at the Avengers and the Thanos presence from the start.
Old 05-02-18   #3
Bartmanhomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonSno_LeeDra View Post
I don't know it pretty well followed the comic series. If it continues to follow the comic series then you have a pretty good guess as to what Avengers 4 will be about and the continuation of the Thanos story line conclusion.

What will be interesting will be to see if they bring in Captain Marvel ie Carol Danvers (her emblem is the symbol Nick Fury dials in the Credit trailer) and if they follow the story line and use Thanos other surviving daughter, Nebula, as a major influence to set things correct. In the comics Nebula actually gets the gauntlet and undoes everything Thanos did to the time lines. Though I do not remember if she brings Gamora back to life.

I enjoyed the movie though. Fast pace for the most part and kept you hanging on. The end sort of sucked but was needed though and given the story arc though was anticipated. Even the characters who were lost was sort of "expected" if you look at the Avengers and the Thanos presence from the start.
Let hope the Avengers will come back strong and dish serious damage on Thanos unless the writers will screwed that up too but it's unlikely to happen.
Old 05-06-18   #4
SunSister
Bog Fairy Fox

I loved this movie a lot and think it's a pretty amazing feat to bring that many superheroes together in one film and still find time to focus on their relationships and their personal issues on top of all those action sequences. So much of it is in the little things, and some of the pair-ups of characters just worked so well.

Spoiler:
I honestly didn't expect that many characters to 'die' in it? I was terribly apprehensive about the fate of Captain America beforehand (and still am, lol) but he was one of the few to make it.. I think that there will be a death-reversal in the next installment next year, seeing as Black Panther and Spider-Man both have sequels coming up, but it was crushing to see the amount of loss all the same.

We're definitely supposed to see Carol Danvers, in addition to her solo movie, and I am personally hoping to see Ant-Man and Hawkeye make an appearance next May too..
SunSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-18   #5
Bartmanhomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSister View Post
I loved this movie a lot and think it's a pretty amazing feat to bring that many superheroes together in one film and still find time to focus on their relationships and their personal issues on top of all those action sequences. So much of it is in the little things, and some of the pair-ups of characters just worked so well.

Spoiler:
I honestly didn't expect that many characters to 'die' in it? I was terribly apprehensive about the fate of Captain America beforehand (and still am, lol) but he was one of the few to make it.. I think that there will be a death-reversal in the next installment next year, seeing as Black Panther and Spider-Man both have sequels coming up, but it was crushing to see the amount of loss all the same.

We're definitely supposed to see Carol Danvers, in addition to her solo movie, and I am personally hoping to see Ant-Man and Hawkeye make an appearance next May too..
Well I hope for the MCU sake that the writers won't screw up the fourth Avengers movie.
Old 05-24-18   #6
Sollie

So I enjoyed the movie while I was watching.

I agree with a lot of critique about it: Action for plot's sake, out of character (or forgetting/not utilizing a character or their abilities in a better way), etc but that's how action movies go.

Humor was great, scenes were mostly well done. I got emotional over several parts, so I guess mission accomplished? Lol. I too was really worried about Captain America and Ironman and wow. I did expect the way the ending went down.

I think the biggest reason people were walking out with the emotions/thoughts they had, was because this was the first MCU movie to not end on a calm/positive beat. It was literally brutal to the emotions, and then it ended. Everyone expected a two-parter, but they didn't expect it to feel as....hopeless? Unfinished? final? as what they got.

Eat early, then eat pizza rolls when at home.
Sollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-18   #7
Bartmanhomer

I hope for my sake and all Marvel Fans sake that the writers won't screwed up the ending for the fourth Avengers movie. Beside I getting mixes hopes for the next movie
Old 09-14-18   #8
The Troll

Why did they pick such an ugly slob to play Carol Danvers? Back in the comics when she was Ms Marvel she was a smoking hot blond in a leotard and thong! And they cast that ugly bitchy feminist Brie Lawson? What a bunch of queers.

Sincerely ,

the Russian bot, aka, the Troll
The Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #9
WolfyJames

That was a horrible movie, and I'm grateful I did not go to the movie theater to watch it.

Of all the characters, the only ones I care about is Loki and Iron Man, and Loki dies right at the start. I don't know how to make spoilers, and the edit has no spoiler button you could click. I find Captain America boring and self-righteous, Thor boring and fugly, he's blond and I find blonds generally fugly, complete turn-off, and him being super buff is also something I also find super fugly, so him being blond and buff make me cringe each time I see him. Hulk is also boring and the others too, except Iron Man, he's really smart and witty, and I like the actor playing him. The only movies I've watched are the 3 Iron Man, and the ones in which Loki was in. I think the third Thor movie is the best, so I was looking forward to see more of Loki in this movie.

Hulk
In step with cloven hooves.............................Growing in harmony with the Earth,
And the forest song… ......................................As Her children,
.................................................. .................Protective of your Mother…
WolfyJames is offline   Reply With Quote