Go Back   EarthSong Forums > ThinkTank > Political Forum

Political Forum 3rd time's a charm. All political discussions go here.

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Bartmanhomer

Default Alex Jones Was Banned From Youtube, Facebook And Other Social Media Sites

Hey everybody. I just heard that Alex Jones have been banned from Youtube, Facebook and Other Social Media sites. And if you don't know who Alex Jones is well he's a Republician Conspiracy Theorist who have his own news company called Info Wars. He made so many theories about 9/11, ISIS and other politcial theories. I'n going to be very honest with everyone. 1. I definately don't agree with all the stuff he said. 2. I think he's a loud mouth jerk. 3. I don't think he doesn't deserved to be banned on all the social media sites because he have the right to say whatever he want whatever you agree with him or not and also I do believe in free speech. SO please don't get at me for what I'm saying here. I'm not defending this guy or anything but he doesn't deserve to be banned. ANd we the people have the right to say whatever we want to say.
Bartmanhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #2
Flailing Idiot
Imbecile

Default Re: Alex Jones Was Banned From Youtube, Facebook And Other Social Media Sites

Glad to hear you're not defending the guy who pushed that the young children who were slaughtered was a big government hoax. Imagine being those parents??

Anyway, here's a ting to consider. Facebook, Apple, youtube, etc., those are all companies who own social media platforms. Now, they've allowed him to post all that toxic stuff for years, but reached the point where they felt it was considered to be contravening their terms of use. Now heres the thing, those companies own those websites, and they are also, as Alex Jones is, free to express their opinion, and allow, or not allow users on their websites.

To make it clear, Fera owns this website, and pays for the hosting. Do you think that if someone posted hateful, and despicable content on this forum, that Fera is obligated to leave that content in place because, -they- have a right to free speech?

Free speech goes both ways. A person can express their option, but others are also, as free to express theirs in opposition.
Flailing Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #3
Bartmanhomer

Default Re: Alex Jones Was Banned From Youtube, Facebook And Other Social Media Sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flailing Idiot View Post
Glad to hear you're not defending the guy who pushed that the young children who were slaughtered was a big government hoax. Imagine being those parents??

Anyway, here's a ting to consider. Facebook, Apple, youtube, etc., those are all companies who own social media platforms. Now, they've allowed him to post all that toxic stuff for years, but reached the point where they felt it was considered to be contravening their terms of use. Now heres the thing, those companies own those websites, and they are also, as Alex Jones is, free to express their opinion, and allow, or not allow users on their websites.

To make it clear, Fera owns this website, and pays for the hosting. Do you think that if someone posted hateful, and despicable content on this forum, that Fera is obligated to leave that content in place because, -they- have a right to free speech?

Free speech goes both ways. A person can express their option, but others are also, as free to express theirs in opposition.
That's a very excellent point. Free speech does goes both ways and there's a huge difference between free speech and hate speech. And to answer your question no Feranaja won't accept hateful content in this forum.
Bartmanhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #4
Sollie

Free speech means the government can't censor you, it doesn't mean private companies have to give you a platform for what you say.

I'm so glad that he is banned. He spreads hate speech. It's disgusting.

Eat early, then eat pizza rolls when at home.
Sollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #5
DrumWolf
Dark Green Atheist

I'm totally in favour of free speech. I also believe that you face the consequences of that right to freedom of speech. Say what you want but, in return, accept that others will disagree with you and challenge you and, in some cases, censure you.

We in the UK currently have this situation whereby a Conservative member of Parliament called Boris Johnson who, in the past few days, likened Muslim women who wear the full veil to looking like 'bank robbers' and 'letter boxes'.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45139084

Now, I respect his right to say these things, but I totally disagree with his statements. He is apparently to face an enquiry about his comments, which is commendable.

Say what you like, but be prepared for a backlash.

(For the record, I'll use my right to freedom of speech to say that Boris Johnson is a cock.)
DrumWolf is offline   Reply With Quote