Go Back   EarthSong Forums > Spiritual and Religious Pathways > The Sacred Grove

The Sacred Grove A forum for discussing Druidry, in all its many expressions and forms

Old 12-03-13   #1
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Lightbulb Druidry & The Fae/Faery

Hello all!

I haven't posted in quite awhile because I've been practicing silence and not speaking unless I have something I really would like to say. Anyway, I'd like to share an experience I had, my first experience actually, with Faery and their portion of The Otherworld...

I have always sort of believed in fae but assumed that they were not accessible to me for whatever reason. (However when something gets lost I am quick to blame "elves," lol.) Last night, the veil between here and there was extremely thin - for what reason I don't know. The night was so still you could hear the steps of a cockroach walking across the ground looking for a warm piece of cement to lay on.

I have always been a fan of Brian Froud's work, and my very first oracle deck that I ever received was Healing With The Fairies by Doreen Virtue which was given to me along with Froud's original Fairies book on my 14th birthday (I'll be 27 on the 9th by the way). About a year ago I bought Brian Froud's Faeries' Oracle. I opened it, looked at it, but never used it. Last night I decided to explore with it and started reading the hardcover that came with it. Despite having been reading in a dedicated fashion for about 13 years now, and reading for others professionally for about 3 years now, I was totally stumped by this deck. It is not like any tarot or oracle cards you will ever find anywhere else. So, I started with the beginning and followed all of the preliminary exercises for aquainting oneself with this deck.

A major part of this deck is being able to cross over to the Fae realm, even if it's only partially. The author suggested creating one's own faery ring with the cards and sitting in the center of them. I felt really moved to do this and so I took the ones that spoke to me out in the grass and made a circle. I ended up chanting a few Awens and somehow broke into some sort of Faery music with lyrics like that of Tolkein, of an origin that wasn't really from my mind but more from my spirit. I quieted myself to listen quite a few times and made a few invitations.

All of a sudden, the leaves in the branches started to move, and leaves started to gust around me in a circle. There wasn't a breath of air anywhere else. At one point a leaf even came hurling toward me but then seemed to disappear in mid-sight. I could almost hear footsteps drawing near. As the rumors go about Fae circles, time got lost... It felt like it was about ten minutes but turned out to be several hours when I ended up closing the circle and leaving.

While I was there though, I discovered something. Faery, Awen and Druidry are all the same thing. Maybe not the same definitions or anything, but they are of the same energy, the same make, the same world, the same ether. Faery is Druidry and Druidry is Faery. Faery have Awen and bring it to us. Everything's interconnected! It was such a magical experience that I really can't even begin to describe it other than that I now know that the Fae are there and they are real, and they are a huge part of the studies of Celtic magicks, Druidic and Avalonian... I love the Fae now, feel confident in having met them and intend to continue this Otherworldly relationship. I just thought I'd share this with everyone... I particularly thought that Fera and SunSister might enjoy this little autobiographical of last night

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
Hibiscus Moon Crystal Academy Website Alumni Page
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©
CrystalHealingCare@outlook.com
www.CrystalHealingCare.com

Facebook:Facebook.com/CrystalHealingCare
Twitter:Twitter.com/CrystalHCareCCH
Instagram: Instagram.com/CrystalHealingCare
LadyOfTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-13   #2
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Default Re: Druidry & The Fae/Faery

I guess this might be better moved to the Faery/Folklore section. I didn't realize there was one for some reason... Then again, I am referring directly to Druidry, so I don't know - staff can figure it out

Accredited Certified Crystal Healer and Alum of The Hibiscus Moon Crystal Healing Academy©
(Click to see me here located in section for California in the United States of America)

Crystal Healing Care©

Old 12-04-13   #3
Katharine
Priestess of the Unseen

Do tread carefully with the fair folk. It's not all tea and crumpets, whatever Virtue may have told you.

It's against the rules to discuss the details of the bargains, but I have some experience with the unseelie courts and the wild fae. Lovely folks, but no one you want to enter into work with lightly. They are powerful, and very dangerous if they want to be.

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."
-Oscar Wilde

"Why, sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast." -Lewis Carroll

Voice In The Dark Blog
Katharine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-13   #4
feranaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katharine View Post
Do tread carefully with the fair folk. It's not all tea and crumpets, whatever Virtue may have told you.

It's against the rules to discuss the details of the bargains, but I have some experience with the unseelie courts and the wild fae. Lovely folks, but no one you want to enter into work with lightly. They are powerful, and very dangerous if they want to be.

What Katharine said. VERY MUCH not all tea and crumpets.

Shane Parrish
feranaja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-13   #5
SunSister
Bog Fairy Fox

I did enjoy reading it, but also want to caution you at the same time.. You got away lightly this time around. It is true that they have a connection with the roads surrounding Druidry (not surprising, really, given all the stories) but it is also true that they are not the trivial airy-fairies Doreen describes in her deck. They're tough as nails and manipulative little shits to boot. They like to play with people, and I don't mean that in the nice join-hands-and-chant-kumbaya sense either..
SunSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-13   #6
feranaja

They'll take your life under some circumstances. But that may not be a popular idea. Pretty Edwardian fairies are safer!

Shane Parrish
feranaja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-13   #7
MonSno_LeeDra
Shamanic Practitioner

All I'll say is the Red Cap is as much part of the Fae as any of the Seelie or unseelie courts. If you know what a Red Cap is then you know how dangerous the Fae can be.

Saw a few fairy rings in Scotland once but have no desire to go into their world. My Highland ancestry and connection to the Hebrides with their tales of Mer-folk and Selkies taught me interact with great care and never assume.
MonSno_LeeDra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-13   #8
Katharine
Priestess of the Unseen

I met a peryton once. I was alone, at night, in the woods.

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."
-Oscar Wilde

"Why, sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast." -Lewis Carroll

Voice In The Dark Blog
Katharine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-13   #9
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

I don't take anything Doreen has to say on the fae as anything more than garbage. Personally, I like the resources on them created by Brian Froud. They are extremely icky at times, but I've had a few good bargains... Last year I had terrible split ends and traded a whole bunch of crystals for hair repair. The next morning my hair was in much better condition and all the glass beads and crystals in the garden were gone.

Crystal Healing Care©

Old 12-04-13   #10
LadyOfTheTrees
Certified Crystal Healer

Hmm, I guess I'd like to say that just because I was a student of Doreen Virtue doesn't mean I'm a disciple of her, accept everything she says or believe her beliefs are gospel truth. I do very much enjoy several of her card decks though and a few of her books on angelology.

Crystal Healing Care©